The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh? I don't get the PSN DL speed complaints - admittedly it was ALOT slower on Comcast vs my current FIOS - but I was able to grab UC3 in full in about 8 hrs - so about 5-6 GB/hr.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh? I don't get the PSN DL speed complaints - admittedly it was ALOT slower on Comcast vs my current FIOS - but I was able to grab UC3 in full in about 8 hrs - so about 5-6 GB/hr.
Thats not really quick heh, i pulled down 24gb yesterday in about 3hr - that wasnt very quick either but that was a WoW client.

Vaclav

Thats not really quick heh, i pulled down 24gb yesterday in about 3hr - that wasnt very quick either but that was a WoW client.
For direct download I've never seen faster - P2P (like the WoW client DL is by default) is a different beast to compare against. I can pull faaaaaar higher with P2P too (Hell, I've pulled well seeded 2+ GB files in under 10 min [maybe slightly higher - I know I've set up a bunch and before I was done setting up the full batch some of the early files were completing - and this is with some peer blocking at that....]) but compared against Steam that has to do a direct download as well for authentication purposes, PSN is better on most days.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
he also refuses to say what will happen in the distant future

What's the expected lifetime here? My NES is still working. Will "my" Xbone work in 25 years? He's basically saying "Buy it now, be surprised about what will be!"

Just saying "we will deactivate the authentications servers and patch the firmware not to require them anymore in 10 or 15 years" is not possible for these people.
But, it's future proof! That clearly means... um... something...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I only compare PSN to Xbox Live. While I haven't used Xbox Live in a long time, it was always significantly faster than PSN at downloading.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Yeah this was shown in the leaked UI youtube some pages back. Its a nice feature but totally reliant on the PSN download speed which has never impressed me.
Are you using wifi or ethernet? My PS3 downloads slow as fuck through wifi, even if it's next to the router, while it maxes out my internet connection through ethernet. I can't think of any reason why they won't have fixed that problem with the PS4.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My PS3 is actually through wifi - it hasnt always been tho so i cant say if its solely the wifi portion doing it since at one point it was hard wired. Thing is, ive never experienced speedy dl's through it. That wont change my opinion of PS4 being the place-to-be for next gen or anything, its just a simple observation.

I think MS trying to be steam while still giving out disc is ridiculous, just as ridiculous as them expecting people to pay full price to lease games. If this really is the expectation these cockswabs have then under no circumstance will i purchase them system. As it stands i only own maybe 2 steam games, Magicka and Deus Ex, so ive never been a huge fan of the idea, but atleast their games are discounted decently.

Vaclav

Are you using wifi or ethernet? My PS3 downloads slow as fuck through wifi, even if it's next to the router, while it maxes out my internet connection through ethernet. I can't think of any reason why they won't have fixed that problem with the PS4.
Good point wife's PS3 isn't hardwired unlike mine and it is quite slow in comparison. Their WiFi works reliably but the throughput is shit in this gen.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That's a good message to send, "Fuck you, even when you change your business decisions based on consumer response!"

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
That's a good message to send, "Fuck you, even when you change your business decisions based on consumer response!"
Actually its fuck you for even trying something so retarded.

Of course this will make a difference but for me the damage was done.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If this is true, it would be kind of a big thing - hell i would need to go preorder a 2nd box and cancel my 2nd PS4. I'll wait till more is actually said tho before i just jump to doing anything.