The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They still have kinect required, so until thats also gone it wont be perfect. They could drop kinect, sell for $399 and compete directly with PS4.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's no way they will drop the Kinect requirement, without it the system loses part of its uniqueness.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate - please check here for the latest.
also

There's no way they will drop the Kinect requirement, without it the system loses part of its uniqueness.
Nothing unique about this forced piece of shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow, honestly pretty impressed. It isn't going to make me switch my pre-order, but to have a company like Microsoft actually respond to this feedback and go against their policies is cool. Kind of not a bad thing from a consumer stand point and shows there is still some power in the hands of the buyer.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Wow, that's surprising. I never would have expected Microsoft to make changes so quickly.

Well, in that case, I think I'll pass on the Xbox One for launch, but I might consider picking it up in a year or two depending on the quality of its library.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Full blog changes.

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games- After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again.There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today - There will be no limitationsto using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console --there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Damage is done, there's still no way I'm touching this thing.

Significantlyless powerful hardware. 100 bucks more. Kinect Required. Unimpressive Exclusives and terrible history with exclusives. Still shitting on Indies. And most importantly, I do not trust them.

They're fucked anyways though, since the yield problems means their manufacturing is screwed and Sony will build a much larger install base, much faster.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Disappointing that it probably means all of the sharing stuff is gone.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They will probably just stipulate that games in your shared library will maintain the authentication checks.

Sean_sl

shitlord
They will probably just stipulate that games in your shared library will maintain the authentication checks.
No, they cut the sharing stuff completely from the sounds of it:

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Definitely not surprising. They were absolutely roasted by a vast majority of the customer-base on the internet. It doesn't change my mind in preordering the PS4, but it was the smart move on MS's part.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Pretty cool of Microsoft and glad I preordered now. I've always preferred Xbox Live to PSN and all my friends/family have Xbox 360 anyway and will get Xbox One.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Damage is done, there's still no way I'm touching this thing.

Significantlyless powerful hardware. 100 bucks more. Kinect Required. Unimpressive Exclusives and terrible history with exclusives. Still shitting on Indies. And most importantly, I do not trust them.

They're fucked anyways though, since the yield problems means their manufacturing is screwed and Sony will build a much larger install base, much faster.
This. I already pre-ordered a PS4. Not having to pay for Xbox Live Gold, better hardware, cheaper, and not using Kinect. I am tired of MS's shenanigans and this one, while it was most likely just intentional viral garbage, is over.

I might picked one up used to play Quantum Dream in 2017.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Better system, better online service (PS+ destroys Live), better exclusives, better price, no Kinect. It's not even close. Smart move for X180, but it doesn't change my mind in the slightest. Trying to get away with that horseshit in the first place was way too lame.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
This still doesn't change the required to be connected at all times Kinect, them screwing over indie devs, netflix and other services being behind a paywall, the $500 price point and a few other issues with the system.