The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only dislike is the push for voice chat with the included headset - I loathe voice chat and it's going to basically force it.

Vaclav

voice chat is excellent for any real multiplayer gaming.
I realize the benefits - I just hate it from a "hating most people's voices and mannerisms" thing. I'd rather lose and not be forced to listen to people chatter about stupid nonsense half the time or chewing someone out for a misplay.

Especially the former - Christ every single round last night with TLOU multiplayer, when I'd flip off the mute to see if reasonable discussion was happening - it was young people talking about dating midmatch or some basketball game progress or something else not game related. No flaming teammates which was a nice change of pace, but I really hate being in the middle of a teen "pop culture/dating" conversation. I'm a grumpy old man. (Well not THAT old, but my grumpiness makes me seem older than I am! Nearing 40 with the Grump of a 60 year old - damn kids should be seen and not heard!)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Microsoft has confirmed to IGN that Xbox One will not come bundled with a headset, as per Xbox 360 tradition. Instead, Microsoft points to Kinect's "highly sensitive multi-array microphones designed to enable voice inputs and chat as a system-level capability, both in-game and with Skype and other experiences."

If you want a standard Microsoft Xbox One headset (which Microsoft calls "a must-have," ironically), you'll have to purchase it separately. Additionally, Turtle Beach headsets and Polk headphones will be available following the console's launch. For context, Sony doesn't default to packing a headset with PlayStation hardware.
This is dumb, so XBL chat and game sound coming from tv/speakers for people who dont get the headset? The optional "must have" headset will likely be identical to the same shitty one that sucked monkey dick on the 360 with just a new color.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Haha - So existing turtle beach hardware will not work I take it. Must be hard to keep standard audio standard audio. Wow.

It's hard to mute people....
Plug the headset in, turn the volume down, mute the mic.

Problem solved. And you won't have voices going crazy through the speaker system of your Display/Home Theater.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
This is dumb, so XBL chat and game sound coming from tv/speakers for people who dont get the headset? The optional "must have" headset will likely be identical to the same shitty one that sucked monkey dick on the 360 with just a new color.
Can't wait to hear all the stories of people shouting "Xbox Off!" at the start of each match to disconnect Kinect users.... Also can't believe they can't include the cheap ass headset with a console price of $500.00. Surely somebody at Microsoft must realize that no matter how fast you are with the mute button you probably don't want your wife to hear people shouting "Like my balls, fucking noob!!!" or whatever.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty awesome, and you know its all deliberate since im pretty sure XB1-80 will have usb ports on it. I know the Pulse Elite headset on PS3 will work on PS4, so its pretty shitty how MS is trying to play it.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do like the fact that the ps4's headset is included... Is their proprietary connector really so expensive that microsoft couldn't include a 10 dollar mono headset with their 500 dollar console?

Fadaar

That guy
One of the main reasons I like Sony over Microsoft is third party peripherals. Not going to buy another fucking headset just because Microsoft wants to pull an Apple and change the plugs.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like a lot of games are pushing more and more toward premade groups being a much better option anyways. Random matchmaking can be fun, but seems like small group/mmo style grouping is going to become more the norm. (probably a critical mass of game designers finally figured out how to bring WoW/EQ style gameplay to the FPS genres)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4mHdhuy.gif

Vaclav

Seems like a lot of games are pushing more and more toward premade groups being a much better option anyways. Random matchmaking can be fun, but seems like small group/mmo style grouping is going to become more the norm. (probably a critical mass of game designers finally figured out how to bring WoW/EQ style gameplay to the FPS genres)
True, just been so lazy about finding a console clan I liked being late to the generation due to MMO's keeping me away the first half.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
I still wish they would make a version with the analog sticks where the face buttons and d-pad are and move the face buttons and dpad to the awkward bottom-center areas. 90% of game input is done through the analog sticks and top triggers&bumpers, the switch in positioning is long overdue.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I still wish they would make a version with the analog sticks where the face buttons and d-pad are and move the face buttons and dpad to the awkward bottom-center areas. 90% of game input is done through the analog sticks and top triggers&bumpers, the switch in positioning is long overdue.
Both sticks? Only for Shooters. For just about every other game game input is left stick + buttons.

Vaclav

Both sticks? Only for Shooters. For just about every other game game input is left stick + buttons.
Buttons + right triggers most frequently. Not even technically all the buttons (which the D-Pad often functions as buttons often these days). Besides shooters I'd agree the configuration is mostly right - only thing I'd say is off with it is it makes you go 8 and 2 with the way most games want you to focus your actions on.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can't wait to hear all the stories of people shouting "Xbox Off!" at the start of each match to disconnect Kinect users.... Also can't believe they can't include the cheap ass headset with a console price of $500.00. Surely somebody at Microsoft must realize that no matter how fast you are with the mute button you probably don't want your wife to hear people shouting "Like my balls, fucking noob!!!" or whatever.
Oh shit, I'm almost tempted to buy an XB180 now just to troll guests from the other room.

Or I could just buy a PS4 and install a remote outlet and yell "XBOX OFF" anyway to turn it off and confuse the fuck out of them. And still save $100 and have a better system...