The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh shit, I'm almost tempted to buy an XB180 now just to troll guests from the other room.

Or I could just buy a PS4 and install a remote outlet and yell "XBOX OFF" anyway to turn it off and confuse the fuck out of them. And still save $100 and have a better system...
Would kind of assume it would have some voice recog software so it would know who's voice to listen to, it would be pretty fucked up a sis or family member walk in the room and say "xbox off...bitch" and walk away.

rrr_img_32814.jpg

Looks like they purposely added some type of clip to normal usb port to make sure no ones old equip would work!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I take it that hooks to the bottom of the controller? Why would they change the controller connection from 5mm (or whatever mm) to USB for a connection to the fucking controller? What sense does that make for a USB connection?

It is neat that the volume controls are there though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I take it that hooks to the bottom of the controller? Why would they change the controller connection from 5mm (or whatever mm) to USB for a connection to the fucking controller? What sense does that make for a USB connection?

The volume controls are right there on the X360 headsets too. Anyways, yeah, this is a bullshit move and 100% to make you buy new Proprietary licensed headsets and to dick over anyone who bought good X360 headsets which will no longer work.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Hasn't virtually the entire world changed from mini to micro USB in the past two years? Every digital camera, cell phone, Kindle, etc... has all been standardized to micro. Or are you talking about something else? I'm kind of drunk.

*edit: nm you're talking about the X180, who tries to rationalize any decision at this point?

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Both sticks? Only for Shooters. For just about every other game game input is left stick + buttons.
Admittedly I only really play shooters and racing games where the right stick is the mouselook-type camera control. I dont really play madden or fighting games so I'm a bit biased. It would be a nice option to have though, maybe a version B controller for the shooter/driver nuts. 3rd party controllers tend to suck ass in the quality department in my experience.>;p

Vaclav

The volume controls are right there on the X360 headsets too. Anyways, yeah, this is a bullshit move and 100% to make you buy new Proprietary licensed headsets and to dick over anyone who bought good X360 headsets which will no longer work.
Odd wasn't that familiar and only pics I could find on the official X360 site don't show them on the connector thing. And re below - not micro-USB, standard 5mm prong jack is what it shows (and what I seem to recall X360 using).

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hasn't virtually the entire world changed from mini to micro USB in the past two years? Every digital camera, cell phone, Kindle, etc... has all been standardized to micro. Or are you talking about something else? I'm kind of drunk.

*edit: nm you're talking about the X180, who tries to rationalize any decision at this point?
It's a headphone & mic jack, which absolutely does not need to be whatever proprietary crap they're using. You don't need anything but a 3.5mm stereo plug for it.

Vaclav

Yea, there we go 3.5mm - knew I wasn't far off but it didn't look right. But honestly I'm really confused what possible benefit a USB hub looking connector would give - do they at least have an excuse that it's digital vs. analog for a better transmission or some bullshit like that?

Not an audiophile but I always though 3.5mm jacks were preferred by and far is why I'm trying to ask. (i.e. wife's voice is supposedly "flat" to an audiophile online when she uses her USB mic versus a 3.5mm one that's from the mid 90's)

Sean_sl

shitlord
There's no benefit to it what so ever. It's just to force you to use Microsoft licensed products that will send over whatever digital handshake the system requires.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Sean are you a DEVELOPER? If not you have no grounds to talk about *anything* relating to the smart decisions the xBone is making. You should know this! Obviously.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I like how when Microsoft makes some sort of proprietary plug to fuck consumers everyone is outraged. When Apple does it every couple of years most people are like "well, they know what they are doing, they have their reasons" or "it's to help ensure you are getting quality Apple peripherals and not cheap & possibly dangerous knockoffs" or even the popular "it's actually better technology than the alternative"

Its all a massive dick move to consumers, and because of it I'll not buy this Microsoft product just like I refuse to own any Apple products.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A thread where Sony backers are complaining about another company using proprietary anything? MS has fucked up on another level to make that possilble.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I like how when Microsoft makes some sort of proprietary plug to fuck consumers everyone is outraged. When Apple does it every couple of years most people are like "well, they know what they are doing, they have their reasons" or "it's to help ensure you are getting quality Apple peripherals and not cheap & possibly dangerous knockoffs" or even the popular "it's actually better technology than the alternative"

Its all a massive dick move to consumers, and because of it I'll not buy this Microsoft product just like I refuse to own any Apple products.
Well Apple consumers are used to taking the cock. People that don't buy into that bull shit generally despise it. So watching Microsoft try to become some shitty version of Apple isn't going to go over well.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I like how when Microsoft makes some sort of proprietary plug to fuck consumers everyone is outraged. When Apple does it every couple of years most people are like "well, they know what they are doing, they have their reasons"
Not that I am defending Apple for changing their charging mechanisms in going to Lightning, but last I checked they weren't fucking with standard 3.5mm audio. I can use any headphones built with a 3.5mm audio jack since 1973 if I wanted to. This takes it a step further. These are third party peripherals that have been standard in audio since the dawn of man.

Fadaar

That guy
Not that I am defending Apple for changing their charging mechanisms in going to Lightning, but last I checked they weren't fucking with standard 3.5mm audio. I can use any headphones built with a 3.5mm audio jack since 1973 if I wanted to. This takes it a step further. These are third party peripherals that have been standard in audio since the dawn of man.
I'm pretty sure when he (and myself earlier on this page) refers to Apple changing their shit it's the new iPhone 5 charger/data jack being completely different than every other Apple device released before it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Except that most people here talk shit about apple all the time, especially regarding their propriety periphialization.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Most people here do, but I'd say the average person here is WAY more tech savvy than your average human being. The unwashed masses just bend over and take it from Apple more often than not, and even thank Apple for it afterwards.