The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The only thing worse than a console fanboy is a PCFag. Don't be a PCFag.
It's true. There are zero games for consoles + PC that aren't better on PC. PC has its downsides though, like forcing you to know what hard drive you have because you installed it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Nothing rustles my jimmies like a developer that quarter ass'd the PC port. The ones that seems like they just dump all their source code into a PC port meat grinder, and whatever came out the other end they upload to Steam.

Hi Dead Space!

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing rustles my jimmies like a developer that quarter ass'd the PC port. The ones that seems like they just dump all their source code into a PC port meat grinder, and whatever came out the other end they upload to Steam.

Hi Dead Space!
Borderlands 1, dragon age 2

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
There are zero games for consoles + PC that aren't better on PC.
I don't think this is a fact. Zero? I think if I tried hard enough, I could find at least two!

That said, 99% of the games I play on the consoles are exclusives. I always just assume we're all PC gamers first here. Probably a bad assumption.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm very sensitive to frame rates and input latency, so I know first hand that plasmas aren't as good as 120hz-144hz monitors on that front. I can easily tell the difference between 90fps and 120fps, for example, which most people can't do.
No.... you.... can't.....

I've been literally labelled as "superhuman" for being able to detect 77 fps (that's the exact threshold they quoted me) from the one of the best Eye Departments in the world - Wilmer Eye at John's Hopkins - with some pretty in depth testing due to my odd genetics and more so because my eyes are the OPPOSITE of what the odd genetics are supposed to do to my eyes. (I was born with 40/20 - and my eyes are past 16/20 at this point - they estimate 12/20 but they don't have formalized testing equipment that goes that low so it was fast and dirty - of the other 1000 or so tracked cases of oculodigitaldental dysplasia everyone else has had degrading vision over their life and often cataracts as well by my age, whereas mine continued to improve through my late 20's and are holding solid through my 30's with zero warning signs).

If 77 fps is considered superhuman, than you've literally got probably the best eyes on the planet if you're telling the truth - which you're clearly not.

That's not to say you might not experience different eye strain or something under different monitor hz conditions (they tested me at up to 1400 hz - I was quickly getting a migraine, but visually the image looked no different than the others they compared against [it was static at those hz though]) - but that's "feeling" not image quality.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sounds like we need to arrange a staring contest between you two! There can only be one!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've been literally labelled as "superhuman" for being able to detect 77 fps
Go on....
rrr_img_44722.jpg

Vaclav

but how long is your dick.

I cant really see the difference easily between 90 and 120 fps as an example, but I do generally find 120 fps more comfortable to look at.
As do I, lowered eye strain - but actually noticeable image difference - absolutely not. And didn't mean to one up shit - but when I've got world experts telling me one thing and someone contradicts it, it's gonna set off a response.

And odd conditions aren't exactly a weird thing to be "superhuman" labeled in some regards - Down's apparently has superhuman resilience to a handful of diseases...

But anyhow, back to gaming talk and less about trivial tangents about OMG 6 fps is so noticable like I was trying to engender instead of this nonsense. (Hell, most people aren't even supposed to notice past the 40's besides side effects like eye strain)

[And on the actual quote - wife says big (although not the biggest she's had), I don't honestly believe her though - how does this matter exactly though?]

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Can you hear the difference between a 5400rpm hard drive and a 7200rpm hard drive with your superhuman abilities?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Vaclav is set on PS4 because it's totally certifiably superior to XB1. Just like his EVERYTHING is superior to your anything!

Vaclav

Vaclav is set on PS4 because it's totally certifiably superior to XB1. Just like his EVERYTHING is superior to your anything!
Ok... last time I'm answering the tangent - but yea, I have one apparently off the charts feature so everything is awesome... I couldn't walk for almost a full year from my condition, and still have stretches of time it comes back (and not because I'm fat - I'm 125 lbs technically underweight last I talked to the doc about it) - trust me, about nothing of mine besides eyes is better than normal. Eyes are the exception to the rule. Shit I only have 6 usable fingers from syndactyly - but yes, I'm completely OMG amazing because I've got one neat positive feature.

My family is awesome - I'm not so much barring my eyes.