The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like I am doing a complete 180, I am going from not buying anything to getting the Xbone. Where do you guys suggest I preorder this late in the game?
Check Best Buy and Gamestop, both recently started accepting limited preorders for day one editions.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I am doing a complete 180, I am going from not buying anything to getting the Xbone. Where do you guys suggest I preorder this late in the game?
Considering no one is buying the fucking thing I am sure you will be able to walk into any store you want and just pick one up. Look for a microsoft sign and boxes piled up to the ceilings with no line.

Column_sl

shitlord
If you believe that will be true I have a nice bridge to sell you..

Its going to play out like every other launch ,both consoles will be hard as shit to get unless you pre ordered.
If little timmy cant get his PS4, you can be damn certain he is will be getting the Xbone.

Its the only thing that is keeping my day one Amazon Xbox from being cancelled, I'm still contemplating if I can sell it to recoup some of the PS4 games.
If it doesn't work out then Amazon will let me return it no questions asked.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
With Watchdogs now delayed to Spring 2014 I wonder how this is going to impact PS4 and Xbone launches. Watchdogs was one of the very few launch titles that could be considered a AAA title

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you believe that will be true I have a nice bridge to sell you..

Its going to play out like every other launch ,both consoles will be hard as shit to get unless you pre ordered.
If little timmy cant get his PS4, you can be damn certain he is will be getting the Xbone.

Its the only thing that is keeping my day one Amazon Xbox from being cancelled, I'm still contemplating if I can sell it to recoup some of the PS4 games.
If it doesn't work out then Amazon will let me return it no questions asked.
I guarantee you you will be able to find a Xbone just like you were able to find Wii U's everywhere within a week. No one is buying the fucking things. And at $100 more price point and Watch Dogs just pushed with it's sole exclusive a 2014 release as well, forget about it.

The only reason you won't be able to find one for a week won't be because people are buying them either - it's because they are defective from June on back and had to retool the manufacturing process. Wonder if/when they will announce a Forza 5 delay.

Column_sl

shitlord
I guarantee you you will be able to find a Xbone just like you were able to find Wii U's everywhere within a week. No one is buying the fucking things. And at $100 more price point and Watch Dogs just pushed with it's sole exclusive a 2014 release as well, forget about it.

The only reason you won't be able to find one for a week won't be because people are buying them either - it's because they are defective from June on back and had to retool the manufacturing process.
You are Delusional, and I don't want the crack you are smoking..

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually think that the ps4 will be easier to get initially in the first couple of days after launch but then after the excess sells out to walk,-ins then it will be hard to get. I suspect getting an xbone will depend entirely on how real their production issues are.

Regardless I guess both systems will be hard to get as Christmas gets closer.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You are Delusional, and I don't want the crack you are smoking..
Am I? The same crap happened with the Wii U, and without any decent titles to play, at a $500 price point with all the bad press, you are delusional if you think there aren't going to be a shit ton of these sitting on a shelf. Come the weekend of Thanksgiving I'll go take some pictures and post them here for you.

Friendly little wager? A Steam game?

(For the record I am talking about Xbone, not PS4)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

The only reason you won't be able to find one for a week won't be because people are buying them either - it's because they are defective from June on back and had to retool the manufacturing process. Wonder if/when they will announce a Forza 5 delay.
With the watch dogs delay I may buy a racing game.I'm not generally into those other then Mario kart but while visiting a Microsoft store my wife(who gets headaches playing games) started playing Forza or whatever it was on the big screen and I had to drag her out of the store after 30 minutes.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Here. This one is free.

The Premier Online Sim Racing Game | iRacing.com

Ut I think you underestimate the power of a brandname and how uneducated the public is.
Oh don't get me wrong, I am sure some people will be buying it and a lot of parents will be suckered. I am just saying you will not need to preorder an Xbone, and aside from their own hardware defected logisitical issues, if you want one you will be able to walk right in and pick one up.

Column_sl

shitlord
Were you there at the last launch???

Xbox 360 had almost no games, and nothing even close to a AAA title yet was impossible to get.
Same with PS4 that was super overpriced, but had the most afordable Blue Ray player at the time.

Those consoles will be the hottest toys for the Holidays, if you really think you will waltz in ,and they will be stacks of them you are nuts.

Your comparison with the Wii U is retarded.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yes I was there at the last launch. Coming off a highlight success story and true next gen release where the two systems were 4 years apart with the 360 beginning at the dawning of HD while high end gaming rigs were still horribly expensive with no go between. Then I also saw the red ring disaster, the bad press, the multitude of denials, and a horrible press launch which went on for 5 months and massive firings as a result. Combine that with Microsoft/NSA BS, Kinect and it's go to market, and a lot of turn arounds that consumers may or may not have heard about, along now with hardware manufacturing issues and horrid QA already out of the gate from reports hitting the streets, with a higher price point... yes parents will still buy them for the holidays. If you think they will be hard to get? The only reason why would be manufacturing deficiencies.

Now? 8 years between launches, all the reasons above why not to purchase their console, even down to the parents reason of "It's 500 not 400... you get a PS4" with PC games and PC hardware accessibility is tighter. You do realize this isn't 2005 correct? Microsoft and their employees don't. I hope you do.

And the comparison with the Wii U is spot on. The Wii was a massive success. The Wii U is a complete failure. The comparisons and lack of understanding of what gamers/consumers want in conjunction with massive process barriers from each Nintendo & Microsoft show that both are about to see the same fire ball.

Blackberry was popular back in 2004 as well.

Column_sl

shitlord
Even the Business Forecasters don't agree with you.

Parents don't give a shit if its 500 or 400. If the PS4 is unavailable for pre order, and the only thing they can get is the Xbox for Christmas.
There certainly not getting Little Timmy nothing..

You underestimate the American consumer.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wager? $50 Steam game. I'll go to 5 stores in the MN metro area on the Saturday after black friday, and I will find Xbones in 4 of the 5. I'll take pictures, and have locations drawn out. They will have stock that you can purchase.

Sound like a good wager to you?

Steam ID is Utnayan. What's yours?