The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't mind getting a ps2 but I wouldn't pay more then 50 this close to the launch of the ps4 and I think GameStop is offering more then me.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So best exclusive in November goes to...WiiU? Super Mario 3D World? Tempted to cancel my PS4 order and get a Zelda WiiU.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dark Souls 2 is the only reason why I'm keeping my PS3. I still need to sell my 360.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Looking at trading in or selling my 60gb fat ps3. Wonder if I could get decent change for it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So best exclusive in November goes to...WiiU? Super Mario 3D World? Tempted to cancel my PS4 order and get a Zelda WiiU.
Jesus don't do this for the love of God. Unless you want another dust collector.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Microsoft: no third party Xbox One headsets until 2014
The Xbox One may come with its own beefed up audio accessories, but audiophiles waiting on Turtle Beach's XO Ear Force headsets will have to wait: Microsoft won't support them until 2014. According to a statement confirmed by Microsoft, the Xbox One Headset Adapter that enables the use of third party audio accessories will ship early next year, leaving early adopters to make due with the official pack-ins. Redmond says it'll use the spare time to help manufactures "create new headsets that will take full advantage of the Xbox One technology," also noting that the console's included headset is free, after all.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Headset adapter? Why would you need a hardware adapter? Where do the current headphones plug in? USB?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Headset adapter? Why would you need a hardware adapter? Where do the current headphones plug in? USB?
Because they changed the way they all connect in the guise of "Upgrades to audio hardware native to Xbone support" (Sony did this too) to enable a forced refresh of technology from 3rd party manufacturers. It backfired when people asked why a device (Headset) which has been standardized on since before Genghis Khan, now all of a sudden needed to see those folks go out and spend another $200 / headset. So now Microsoft delayed the adapters to still give those 3rd parties a few months to sell new headsets to those that get sick of waiting.

Pleasant little industry we have here eh?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It's seriously pathetic. These are fucking headphones/microphones. We're not talking cryptic technology here.

I laughed at "before Genghis Khan". So true.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's seriously pathetic. These are fucking headphones/microphones. We're not talking cryptic technology here.

I laughed at "before Genghis Khan". So true.
It has gotten really bad. New headsets that work day one for Xbone are now $99.99 and $159.99 respectively. What's worse is that Turtle Beach makes a mint off this because people will be too impatient to wait.
frown.png

DMK_sl

shitlord
I watched an interview the other day where an analyst suggested Sony purposely delayed in their home country Japan. Instead of selling those units in Japan they will use them to increase the amount of units available in USA at launch. I would be raging so hard if I was from Japan.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Decided to hold off on my console purchase. Going to just stick with the PC for now. The more I thought about it I am really only missing out on Football by not having a console, and sadly those games are always full glitches and fools that go for it every 4th down.

The one game that has me debating between console and PC is Titanfall. Due to the platform type of movements I am wondering if a controller would be better than the MKB. I know I can use a controller on the PC but then I will be at an aiming disadvantage to MKB.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So best exclusive in November goes to...WiiU? Super Mario 3D World?
Its ironic a little, isn't it?

I actually don't regret my Wii U purchase even though I haven't used it much until recently, in fact it sat there all summer with the only use I had for it being to play Wii games on it, and Monster Hunter. Literally I bought the thing to play Wii games and monster hunter on and everything else has been gravy. There's probably 5 good games on it now, Sonic was a turd, but hopefully that Mario game will be the 6th.

I'm not canceling my ps4 preorder, but it will probably sit in a box until christmas since the only game I really give a shit about on it that's exclusive is Knack and it'll probably be okay for a launch title but mediocre over all.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I want to see a next gen ghouls n ghost. I bet that shit would be insane with new tech. All I ask for is not to target the WiiU and then port it. I would like it to have post 2010 graphics.
Eh, have you actually played a first party Wii U game? They look pretty damn good. Wii U is the only console releasing games @ 1080p/60fps right now and for at least the rest of this year. Don't think any of the PS4/Xbox1 launch lineup will be running that resolution.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I watched an interview the other day where an analyst suggestedSony purposely delayed in their home country Japan. Instead of selling those units in Japan they will use them to increase the amount of units available in USA at launch. I would be raging so hard if I was from Japan.
Of course they purposely delayed it. Did you think it was by accident? They are focusing on their larger market, much like they delayed North American releases in years past, when Japan was the larger market.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I watched an interview the other day where an analyst suggested Sony purposely delayed in their home country Japan. Instead of selling those units in Japan they will use them to increase the amount of units available in USA at launch. I would be raging so hard if I was from Japan.
Was that Pachter on the GT Bonus Round? I believe he said something like that.

I don't think Japan will care too much. They're so mobile focused nowadays and home consoles are barely shifting any units. I'm sure there'll be some disgruntled gamers, but I imagine the majority simply won't give a shit.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Soygen I know the reasons. My point is imagine how pissed off you'd be if Sony was an American company and they delayed the launch of the PS 4 in America to launch on another continent.

Cor yeah I think it was. I know Japanese culture is different but they are still human they would be pissed of a company is pretty much saying you aren't as important as America fuck you.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're not saying that at all - they're establishing a foreign market they struggledin first, its a common business tactic. Competitors can aadapt better to your product post release - which diminishes consumer draw - and history has been VERY kind to PS4 in Japan and lukewarm here.

One is 'win more territories' other is 'win more in the territory already on lockdown'.

Hell, I seem to recall quotes that said they regretted launching PS3 with the US not the focus.