The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh, have you actually played a first party Wii U game? They look pretty damn good. Wii U is the only console releasing games @ 1080p/60fps right now and for at least the rest of this year. Don't think any of the PS4/Xbox1 launch lineup will be running that resolution.
Considering the graphical power and the games on the Wii-U thats not saying much at all. Not like those games are pushing any amazing visuals - they look good for what "they are" but thats it, end of story. Thats like saying my PS4 will be able to play Contra at 1080p w/ 60fps.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Considering the graphical power and the games on the Wii-U thats not saying much at all. Not like those games are pushing any amazing visuals - they look good for what "they are" but thats it, end of story. Thats like saying my PS4 will be able to play Contra at 1080p w/ 60fps.
Comparing WII U games to Contra is insulting to Contra.

P.S. Contra is awesome.

Needless

Toe Sucker
With the delay of Watch Dogs, i'm torn on what to even get on day 1 now haha.. I think im stuck just getting Killzone

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Rayman Legends: Wii U vs. PS3 1080p comparison - YouTube

One system is 10 years old. The other is not. Looks exactly the same, and that is fairly risky for Nintendo.

I think the biggest nuisance to the Wii U is the Game pad controller when it is used as an inventory tool. It takes me out of the game and I find it more cumbersome than helpful.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
Eh, have you actually played a first party Wii U game? They look pretty damn good. Wii U is the only console releasing games @ 1080p/60fps right now and for at least the rest of this year. Don't think any of the PS4/Xbox1 launch lineup will be running that resolution.
I have actually played the first party games on the Wii U and yes they do look good, but only with the Wii U in mind. It's no secret that the Wii U isn't a power house of a console when it comes to specs (we can just about be able to buy phones with better specs than a Wii U). I respect your fandom of the Nintendo brand but lets not fool ourselves into thinking it can compete to whatever PS4/Xbox One will put out.

For now just be happy that Ubisoft is still making games for the Wii U even though they will be treated as the red-headed step child of a port. Once these new Ubisoft games release I wouldn't expect anymore because the ones being produced now were in the making a year ago. After that the Wii U will be nothing more than a Nintendo content delivery device. Seeing how Nintendo still hasn't even figured out how to do online purchases since the game is tied to the console and not to an account ,at least last I checked, I don't even expect that to go over well.

I am coming real close to buying wonderful 101 if for nothing more than the rare collectible value of the game.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I watched an interview the other day where an analyst suggested Sony purposely delayed in their home country Japan. Instead of selling those units in Japan they will use them to increase the amount of units available in USA at launch. I would be raging so hard if I was from Japan.
Sony has pretty much said this themselves too, more or less. Though they added that they're also delaying it since they won't have any real Japanese games for the system until February. Hopefully some of those, like Yakuza Restoration, get fucking ported over here.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Isn't the Wii U the most powerful console out currently?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Sort of, it's kind of a wash. It's got a weaker CPU than the X360/PS3 (much weaker than the PS3), but a more powerful GPU. It has a bit more ram - 2GB (though I think 1GB is OS reserved), but the ram is really fucking shitty and slow and has about 12 GB/s bandwidth compared to the X360/PS3's 22 GB/s.

Ports of games have all ranandlooked worse than their X360/PS3 counterparts, sometimes quite significantly so. Stuff built from the ground up for it seems to be decent in comparison, but not anywhere near PS3 first party games yet.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not saying much considering all the systems are dated. Besides some people want more from a system than the same games rehashed repeatedly by 1st party developers. Maybe if they made a good Mario RPG it would be worth the purchase.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wii U - 1.23 ghz "multi-core" processor. Raedon HD 4770 GPU and 2 gigs of ram.

PS3 - Cell processor & "Reality Synthesizer" GPU. I don't have the official stats on either of those, but I hear that the card is similar to an Nvidia 7900GT. 256 megs of main RAM and 256 megs of video ram.

XB360 - 3.2ghz 3-core processor. the GPU is supposedly similar to an X1950Pro & 512 megs of RAM.

Szlia

About the PS4 launching later in Japan: I am not sure the japanese gamers are that annoyed considering it would launch with precious little japanese games on it. We have trouble getting excited by a launch spearheaded by Killzone, so imagine how it would have been for them!

Sean_sl

shitlord
About the PS4 launching later in Japan: I am not sure the japanese gamers are that annoyed considering it would launch with precious little japanese games on it. We have trouble getting excited by a launch spearheaded by Killzone, so imagine how it would have been for them!
Yeah, they're launching with fucking Yakuza Restoration which looksway the fuck betterthananyother launch game to me.

Also, the DS4 may work on the PS3 (sorta):

Hopefully Sony does some kinda firmware patch to make them work 100% perfectly on it, since I'll still be using my PS3 well into next year.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Here's another DS4 impressions video. Sessler highlights how he really hated the PS1/PS2/PS3 controllers and thought it was because of the stick placement, but after using the PS4 controller he feels that it was more due to the ergonomics of controller and the resistance of the sticks rather than the placement.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, here's a picture illustrating one of the problems with the Xbone's bumpers:

jbfuI1RwgaBsTj.jpg

That would be a huge problem for me, personally, if I was going to get an Xbone.

And actually it's a bit less space than that it seems:

cQwAmDo.jpg

The entire thing up to the blue line is part of thebumper, but only the red part can really be pushed down.

Szlia

Yeah, they're launching with fucking Yakuza Restoration which looksway the fuck betterthananyother launch game to me.
I somehow missed that one. It's a PS3 and PS4 game though (making it less of a system pusher) and it was not playable at TGS (not too good of a sign, even with a delayed japanese launch). That being said, since they have just been tweaking a formula for ... 6(?) games now, they should be able to have a very precise idea of when the game will be done.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lego Marvel will prly be the only PS4 game i pick up besides KZ =/ Then again if its only SP i will not!

DMK_sl

shitlord
They're not saying that at all - they're establishing a foreign market they struggledin first, its a common business tactic. Competitors can aadapt better to your product post release - which diminishes consumer draw - and history has been VERY kind to PS4 in Japan and lukewarm here.

One is 'win more territories' other is 'win more in the territory already on lockdown'.

Hell, I seem to recall quotes that said they regretted launching PS3 with the US not the focus.
/sigh. I know the reasons. It's just bullshit for Japan. We can all sit there and go "they wouldn't be that pissed" because it's not happening to us but we all know it was us that was getting shafted we'd be outraged.

That's really positive on the Sony controller feedback. Makes me more excited for when I'll be buying one next year.