The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Considering how much crying I see on Newegg about people having to return everything from Video Card to Motherboard to Mice, 1 percent seems damn low.
It's especially hilarious when those are prefaced with, "I've been using Newegg for 10 years". As if that's a sign that now Newegg sucks, not that it's always been reliable. So much overreaction from people.

If the XB1 has less than 1% defective units I'll say that's a job largely well done, same as with PS4.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same here, Mr. Trickle - 2-2.5% would be about the "oh shit" point for me personally. And honestly reading some of the stuff here, that's probably too soon.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I am still holding out that Ryse isn't a shit sandwich.

tumblr_m9ceocJ8SN1qzmb8no1_500.jpg

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So if Xbox One has a 1% hardware failure rate no one will be in here talking shit? Please.
Anything is a improvement over RRoD.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xb...onsole-woes/2/

Also, how short people's memories are.

But the evidence for the quality debacle was there to see even before Microsoft shipped any machines. In August, 2005, as Microsoft was gearing up production, an engineer raised a hand and said, ?Stop. You have to shut down the line.? This wasn?t just a brief moment. The engineer spoke up repeatedly.

That engineer, who asked not to be identified, had deep experience in manufacturing. When production results were really off kilter, stopping a line and tracing a problem back to its roots was the answer. But the higher-ranking engineers, managers and executives chose to risk going forward. There wasn?t a universal backlash from the engineering ranks, according to one engineering source.

Nobody listened to that engineer ? who spoke on condition of anonymity ? apparently because console launches are always hurried affairs. Yields ? the percentage of working products in a given batch of total products produced ? generally start low. As the manufacturers conduct statistical analysis and tight controls on every step in assembly, they learn how to drive the yields up.

Still, the picture wasn?t pretty.The defect rate for the machines was an abysmal 68 percent at that point, according to several sources. That meant for every 100 machines that Microsoft?s contract manufacturers, Flextronics and Wistron, made at their factories in China, 68 didn?t work.At the recent dinner, Bach denied that there was a big concern about defects at that point in time.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That is something that isn't going to change though.
True. I think my point being that the people responsible for that decision are the same people driving tv applications. These things should be consoles to play games on. Not talk about TV apps with mediocre hardware which isn't as cohesive as a gaming machine as it's competition. I don't think we will see it immediately, but I would bet we see some very stark differences in two to three years when natively developed games (rather than launch titles) hit retail.

At this point in time, Microsoft has never been this far out of touch with consumers. And this console was developed at the height of that paralyzation.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I am still holding out that Ryse isn't a shit sandwich.

tumblr_m9ceocJ8SN1qzmb8no1_500.jpg
Ryse is under embargo until after launch because it is supposed to be a staple launch title, and is absolute garbage. Sorry.

Holy shit this Canadian singer is fucking butchering the national anthem. Go wild. Ottawa you suck.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So if Xbox One has a 1% hardware failure rate no one will be in here talking shit? Please.
If the Xbone has a less than 1% hardware failure rate and people talk shit in here about it I will brand them as Fucktards. Fair enough Gaige? Hell, I'll even give them up to 5%.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The Xbox One issues they are talking about are the multimedia shit you don't care about .....

So if it's multimedia on the PS4 it gets a pass.
If it's multimedia on the XB1 they are fucking scum and should die.

I get it. You are angry at MS and you should be but this is just blind hatred with no room for working with them at all.
I barely talk about the Xbone at all and when I do it's all stuff related to gaming. I think the multi-media stuff is stupid and pointless and mostly ignore it unless it has an impact on gaming. Things such as the Xbone having issues with sound output and no game streaming functionality are, *gasp*, related to gaming.

The hardware is shit, the devkit OS is shit from all accounts, and they've thrown a bunch of unfinished crap together. Also, guess what? All that multimedia shit has a fucking10%GPU reserve that games can't use, so I guess that's related to gaming.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I barely talk about the Xbone at all and when I do it's all stuff related to gaming.
You posted the IGN review (which was extremely light on gaming content) and called it embarrassing, or underwhelming, or something to that affect.

This thread is mostly a ps4 circle jerk, and you participate like you've got 3 hands. Why pretend otherwise?

Sean_sl

shitlord
You posted the IGN review (which was extremely light on gaming content) and called it embarrassing, or underwhelming, or something to that affect.

This thread is mostly a ps4 circle jerk, and you participate like you've got 3 hands. Why pretend otherwise?
I posted a link and said like "That's unflattering" and nothing more. That's hardly "talking about it". I didn't go any further after that.

Don't make shit up bro.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Someone broke the embargo and scored it 4/5 earlier.
I'm guessing someone would only break the embargo if they had something good to say, otherwise MS (or any company) would punish them. So that's not saying a whole lot, really.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I posted a link and said like "That's unflattering" and nothing more. That's hardly "talking about it". I didn't go any further after that.

Don't make shit up bro.
You say you don't do something. I reference a specific account of you doing that exact something, and you play semantics?

Exactly how many characters do you have to type before you're "talking about it"? Mother fucking console fanboys.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You say you don't do something. I reference a specific account of you doing that exact something, and you play semantics?

Exactly how many characters do you have to type before you're "talking about it"? Mother fucking console fanboys.
That's not talking about it, that's posting a link. Talking about it is having a discussion about it, engaging with other people, etc. Don't be a dumb motherfucker, that's not semantics and you know it.

Motherfucking people who don't know how conversations and reading comprehension works.