The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Picked up Madden 25 and NBA 2k14 for my XB1 on my lunch break but they wouldn't sell Ryse or Forza until midnight because they're "Day One" titles
frown.png
I did find TV stands for my Kinects though so I'm stoked about that.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
UPDATE ON availability of the ps4 at gamestop before Xmas

good luck:

gamestop just announced today that they sold out of their initial allotment of the ps4, and that their waiting list is at

2.3 million units and growing.....
I just bought one in stock from one of the coolest stores in Minnesota. Tarrant, you need to check this place out. It's called World of games in Lakeville, MN. They have one PS4 in stock too. I walked in, saw a wall full of mint condition boxes of Atari 2600 games, A mint condition in box Atari 5200 console, and standing in awe of all this classical gaming awesomeness, I saw, out of the corner of my eye, an original King's Quest 4 Apple II GS Box with floppies. Mint Condition.

Oh well. PS4 is in the back of my car. I blame Xarpolis and Need for Speed.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
For better or for worse, Im trying this streaming thing out and will be playing NFS for a little while.

edit - done for now, dinner time!

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I picked my PS4 up the afternoon after release. I walk in and asked for my box I reserved and the clerk acted like I was crazy for not picking it up during the midnight release. Which I would have done if I didn't have to be to work before 4am.

So far, I haven't ran into any problems with it. I have noticed the damn controllers run out of juice faster.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Covered weeks ago in the thread. PS4 has multiple SKUs on Amazon, none of which individually are better selling than the Xbone, but which collectively outsold it on Amazon. I think the overall gap was like 4-5x as many PS4s sold across all SKUs, on Amazon at least. I don't expect the gap to be quite that large at brick and mortar stores.

Szlia

On the 'how to play fps with a controller' tutorial, I would like to add that people not used to analog sticks tend to treat them like they are analog in direction and digital in amplitude. What I mean by that, is that they only use the extreme of the range of movement of the stick. Key to victory: learning to control the amplitude.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
PS4 has been number 1 best seller for months on amazon of course when the xbox is launching its going to shoot up to number 1 for a time, especially since the ps4s are sold out currently

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Over what time period is the best seller list?
It's a weighted system calculated hourly. Basically you can't even buy a PS4 right now so it's slipped way down. The Bone got a huge bump from the ones that got released for purchase yesterday.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah the better test of who won the season won't be known till after Christmas but I honestly expect both Xbone and Swaystation to completely sellout this year. We will see how the momentum carries over in 2014.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I agree about Gaige, he's the Sean of XB1 - and that's fine really, I just feel bad because he's like 1 of 3 people in this thread super pumped for it.
Bitch please, Gaige could never match my levels of Enthusiasm and Persistence. He's going to be terribly disappointed when the PS4 NA numbers shit all the fuck over the Xbone NA numbers.