The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Column_sl

shitlord
Its well known that the st60 has massive input lag, you can just google it.

I wish I could find my post from a month ago. it was a very concise set of numbers for those set of plasmas

Xevy

Log Wizard
This thread should ban Sean, Ut, Column, and even me if it must. Just to restore balance to the console war universe.

Sean_sl

shitlord
There is a lot of discussion on the topic though on the AVS forums.

Official ST60 input lag thread

To the point they consolidated the thread into one massive "Help us fix it" thread.
Consensus was that almost all of the owners couldn't actually notice it in the games they played (I was part of that thread). It's really only noticeable in Fighting Games where frame counting matters (and you'd have a specialized display for those if you were seriously into them, it's fine for "normal" play) and some people are sensitive to it in 2D platformers. It's seriously a complete non-issue. If you don't believe me, come over to my fucking house and try out my TV. I guarantee you that you will not notice it and play games perfectly fine. Dazed came over on PS4 launch day and he did not notice it at all either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can I come over to your house and try it? Just for fun.. I'd also like to wear the Los Santos hat while playing games

Column_sl

shitlord
The Sony LED tvs have the lowest input lag, with what the reviewers claim rival most high end Plasma's in Picture Quality.

2013 65" Sony KDL-65W850A 1080p 120hz 3D LED HDTV AVG 18ms
2013 55" Sony KDL-55W802A 1080p 120hz 3D LED HDTV AVG 17ms

Even with that you are not going to come close to a 120hz monitor right now which is what the discussion is truly about.

Consensus was that almost all of the owners couldn't actually notice it in the games they played (I was part of that thread). It's really only noticeable in Fighting Games where frame counting matters (and you'd have a specialized display for those if you were seriously into them, it's fine for "normal" play) and some people are sensitive to it in 2D platformers. It's seriously a complete non-issue. If you don't believe me, come over to my fucking house and try out my TV. I guarantee you that you will not notice it and play games perfectly fine. Dazed came over on PS4 launch day and he did not notice it at all either.
You have to be the biggest retard on the planet.
Twitch gaming is huge, almost all big games are multiplayer FPS.

Just fighting games? rofl

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The UI on the 3ds is atrocious. And the zelda DL has been stuck at 1%. I see what you guys mean by the 3d though, that shit is painful and I'm usually pretty good with 3d shit.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The UI on the 3ds is atrocious. And the zelda DL has been stuck at 1%. I see what you guys mean by the 3d though, that shit is painful and I'm usually pretty good with 3d shit.
I got used to it once I turned it down to about the half way point. Zelda LBW definitely looks better with it on and it works well. Full blast = immense pain for sure though.

Also no SNES games on the 3DS is really retarded and they need to fix that bullshit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I got used to it once I turned it down to about the half way point. Zelda LBW definitely looks better with it on and it works well. Full blast = immense pain for sure though.

Also no SNES games on the 3DS is really retarded and they need to fix that bullshit.
It's so they can release them as ds versions and charge full price. Nintendo is the worst with their pricing

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's so they can release them as ds versions and charge full price. Nintendo is the worst with their pricing
Yeah, they really are. Nintendo needs to do a PS+ style service. Sony frequently discounts prices pretty well with theirs + the free games are great. I think that'd go a long way to helping Nintendo.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I was just going by the post I saw. I play on a Samsung 55" LED currently and that works wonderfully.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Please take the TV debate to:
HDTVs

All the valuable information people are posting here will get lost to future generations!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So got my working replacement PS4 yesterday from Amazon with even more bubble packaging! Does anyone know if you can add multiple 30 day ps+ codes to your account? If no I might have a 30 day code for the music unlimited and ps+ to give.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I was just going by the post I saw. I play on a Samsung 55" LED currently and that works wonderfully.
Heh, the most negative post about it in the thread was from someone who didn't even own one. Pretty much almost every single person who has one can't notice it at all.

It really is an awesome TV and Game Mode does absolutely *nothing* to the picture quality. All it does is make it so you can't turn on the Motion Smoothing crap which does the Soap Opera effect stuff that no one uses anyways. That stuff is totally unnecessary with how the 2500 FFD handles motion resolution anyways.

There is *one* downside - if you turn on 1080p Pixel Direct which turns on 4:4:4 Chroma stuff it adds some more input lag for some unknown reason. That's not a huge deal though and fine to turn on when watching stuff. There's no reason that it should add more and it's probably some weird bug in the firmware. The 1080p Pixel Direct had some other bugs at first too, but they were fixed.

Really the problems would be completely gone if someone would just take a proper go at the firmware and give an option to turn off the Smart TV stuff while gaming, since that's likely the culprit to it. The GT, VT, and ZT don't have this "problem" due to the better processors they have. Alternatively you could probably just swap the board with a GT's board and it'd be fine too. It's more of a "peace of mind" thing though, since it really is not noticeable except on very specific things and fine for most people.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So got my working replacement PS4 yesterday from Amazon with even more bubble packaging! Does anyone know if you can add multiple 30 day ps+ codes to your account? If no I might have a 30 day code for the music unlimited and ps+ to give.
I think someone posted just a little bit back that you can now add the 30 days to an existing account, but I sorta skimmed past it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think someone posted just a little bit back that you can now add the 30 days to an existing account, but I sorta skimmed past it.
I think they were talking about adding a 30 day to a 7 day. As it is now i have 13 months and was hoping I could add another 30 day card to my account.