The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Lenwen

Silver Squire
A few places here in nyc still has xbones in stock as of this evening. Also, one of the toys r us nearby still had some of the day one editions as of yesterday.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Considering NA retailers still had stock on day 2 in many cases, does seem like it... (Hell, my local Target did today - on day 5)
I haven't seen any in stock around here. Besides Microsoft already announced they sold all that they shipped.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The target sites aren't even close to accurate.

A) The preorders never come off the stock numbers.

So say your Target had 4 pre orders held since launch, then if they got a shipment of 3 in the morning all the sudden they have 7 now.
That coupled with the fact that there stock takes 24-48 hours to update, and you see the problems.

Unless you are going to those stores and verifying that, then the numbers on there website aren't correct.

I wish I could walk into any target, and just buy one. Would make my life allot easier right now.
I've verified in person.... As of this afternoon they had 2 left maybe sold out now though.

And staff quoted its 15 min for the website to update...

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I haven't seen any in stock around here. Besides Microsoft already announced they sold all that they shipped.
I saw about 3-4 Xbones at the Freddies by my work yesterday. I was looking to just see if they had a PS4 but only Xboxes and laughter were had.

Column_sl

shitlord
But, but, Column said they were all sold out. Why would you lie fifey?
Wtf are you talking about nerd..

I'm not sure where you live, but the Houston to Austin area have been completely sold out since launch.
Is Houston/Austin all the sudden the entire United States?

And WTF is a Freddies

If you can find me a store in Houston/Austin were I can just walk in ,and they will be sitting there for me to buy, please do.

Szlia

what the fuck is up with japan, what the hell is this loveplus thing... and why do i want it...
New LovePlus+ Coming In Spring 2014 With Limited Edition 3DS XLs - Siliconera
It's a very popular serie of virtual girlfriend games that started on the DS. There is a number of japanese courting video games where you win when you get the girl (or more exactly: one of the girls), but the original idea behind LovePlus is that the meat of the game is what happens after that: the relationship with the girl. This idea is mixed with elements of offline persistent world ? la Animal Crossing (so you set actual dates with your virtual girlfriend) and some limited voice recognition elements ("Tell me you love me!") to create an heightened sense of presence. This pretty brilliant take on the genre and a very classic but good art direction (and possibly very good writing?) cemented the success.

The game was also known for some brilliant pseudo-publicity stunts like having a player organize an actual marriage with his virtual girlfriend or have a shop create some LovePlus themed chocolate cakes for Valentine's Day.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Are you guys really buying fucking Gameboys? Tell me you aren't, because I cant imagine seeing anything more ridiculous than a grown man playing a handheld console....

...maybe if he was also wearing a cape and a watermelon

Terial

Trakanon Raider
The go to replacement drive for the ps4 is down to almost 100 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A23NVCSO4PYH3S
Thanks for the link, i really want to do this. Has anyone here upgraded yet?
Also, there is no data backup is there for saved games to restore to the new HDD? When i did my PS3 upgrade i remember backing up all my save data to an external drive, i have not found that option for the PS4 yet.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're a PS+ user all of your saved game data is automatically backed up to cloud storage. I'll be upgrading my HDD today (to the one linked), and it looks to be fairly painless. Swap the drive and sync game data after re-installing the OS. I think it's possible to back up data to USB storage too, but I don't want to mess with it unless it's necessary.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah all saves are backed up to the cloud if you are PS+. Some people on here upgraded right out of the box IIRC.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are you guys really buying fucking Gameboys? Tell me you aren't, because I cant imagine seeing anything more ridiculous than a grown man playing a handheld console....

...maybe if he was also wearing a cape and a watermelon
I bought a Zelda 3DS and I'm a pussy-slaying stud.