The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Szlia

I wonder how many PS4 were devoted to the european launch considering there is a long tradition of getting the short end of the stick in that regard (like the PS3 delayed 4 months at the last minute). These youTube clips in Germany that have Media Markt with 20ish consoles makes me wonder (unless there are small Media Markt stores in Germany, because the ones in Switzerland are huge stores outside the cities and I would expect them to get shipments by the hundreds). I also checked one of the most popular store in my city for these sort of things (FNAC a big french franchise for cultural products and consumer electronic) and they had games and controllers in quantity and a little desk with a 10'ish people queue in front of it for the people getting their pre-orders. On it was a sign saying "Only for the people who pre-ordered before the 12th of August, if you pre-ordered later we'll get in touch with you as we get new shipments during December."

Pre-ordering is not that big of a thing around here, but it's true the shop since E3 (so mid-june) had signs and the same little desk encouraging people to pre-order. Tough to tell how many people pre-ordered during these two months. I guess we'll know soon enough.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My understanding is Europe is one of Sony's better markets so I imagine they held back quite a few for that release. For instance, my understanding is the vita sells like shit pretty much everywhere but Europe (the PSP is still more popular in Europe because you can crack it easily) so would make sense that they didn't want to short Europe.

Probably why they pushed back the Japan launch was to provide more consoles to US and EU

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This is a good deal. Should I buy it and just hold into the code?

Edit holy shit. I just had a five dollar promo added to it somehow too. Ps plus for a year for 24.99. Yes please

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can stack up PS+ codes so you could almost certainly buy multiple copies of the code from amazon or gamestop and apply them.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Reminder:Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, Fry's - NeoGAF

PS+ on sale for $30 at various places today. Can also get it directly from Sony, but their store isn't updated yet.

Note that if you spend $60 on PSN you get $10 back atm, so if you buy 2 you get $10. Can be anything too, $60 from games, $30 PS+ and some Indie games, etc. Promo ends December 3rd.
The deal is athttp://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus-new/but its 29.99 not 30. So it looks like you are you actually 2 cents short of the free $10. So you will have to get at least some trivial dlc to activate the reward.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, amazon gave me another $5 off as well, not sure why but not complaining.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You can stack up PS+ codes so you could almost certainly buy multiple copies of the code from amazon or gamestop and apply them.
You mean if I buy two, enter the codes, I will have ps plus until 2015 for 49?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You mean if I buy two, enter the codes, I will have ps plus until 2015 for 49?
Yes. It says on the amazon page that its limited 2 per customer and then you can go to gamestop and buy two more I imagine. Dunno about the 5 dollars off thing. They are priced at 29.99 for me at both amazon and gamestop. But basically 4 years for 120 bucks is an 80 dollar savings.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Sooo lame, amazon.com doesn't let Canadians buy the code for 1 year of PS+.
Since it is a digital code, you can enter a u.s address and get the code that way. Make sure to use an address from delaware or another state with no sales tax though if you decide to do that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yes. It says on the amazon page that its limited 2 per customer and then you can go to gamestop and buy two more I imagine. Dunno about the 5 dollars off thing. They are priced at 29.99 for me at both amazon and gamestop. But basically 4 years for 120 bucks is an 80 dollar savings.
it sayed 29.99 until you get to checkout then it gives another 5 off.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well I didn't get that, but it says on the amazon page that its a 5 dollar video credit. So I dunno what's up with that.

November 29: Buy a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership, Get a $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Purchase a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership before 11:59PM PST on November 29, 2013 and get a $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit. Customers will receive an e-mail notification within 48 hours after their order is complete with instructions on how to redeem the $5 AIV credit. The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2013.
But yeah either 25 or 30 bucks is a pretty good discount and since you can stack them and if you have a ps4 you're going to need + through the consoles lifetime duration, I'd say its a good idea to stock up now. At least a year or two and then you can get in on these deals when they pop up later as well.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I bought a code on Amazon and it was 30 bucks. Didn't get any additional discount, but this was earlier this morning.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Since it is a digital code, you can enter a u.s address and get the code that way. Make sure to use an address from delaware or another state with no sales tax though if you decide to do that.
It might let me with an amazon.com gift card, but my mailing address for Amazon.com is already a US address (Shipping center on the otherside of the border I pick up things from). It doesn't like the fact I have a Canadian Credit card.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I can get signed in but can't redeem any cards yet. Its been wonky all day because the EU/Aus PS4 release last night.