The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Column_sl

shitlord
It's true tho everyone notices it. You come to that boys aid constantly.

He's a grown up, although a shut in, he can fend for himself . He doesn't need to be White Knighted.
BTW this is exactly why they never remove Seans mod status because of ancient fucks like Gavin from the old board.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If this was game of thrones you console puds would still be riding horseback , while we attack you on Dragons.

That's how far ahead we are right now. Next Gen? laughable
Uh... i7 Sandy Bridge with a 7970 here, hoss... I like having both too... this "console pud" likes having a single solid console to go along with his PC rather than wedging 4 consoles and 2 PCs into a single room since the wife and I like to share my "man cave/home theatre" room.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yet you proclaim yourself a PS4 fanboi, obviously you are on the wrong side ,chief.

rrr_img_60431.jpg

Vaclav

Yet you proclaim yourself a PS4 fanboi, obviously you are on the wrong side ,chief.

rrr_img_60431.jpg
I didn't proclaim myself - I accepted whatever stupid label you guys put on me for it - I'm pro-PS4 for my CONSOLE that is in addition to my PC.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not turned on him,still a big PS4 fanboior whatever you want to call me
If that is not a proclamation I don't know what is..
PC>all there is no others.

If there were no exclusives wouldn't even be a topic unless you are saying you want to game on an inferior platform.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If there were no PCs it wouldn't even be a topic either, doesn't really make it a good argument though.

Vaclav

If that is not a proclamation I don't know what is..
PC>all there is no others.

If there were no exclusives wouldn't even be a topic unless you are saying you want to game on an inferior platform.
Yes the "or whatever you want to call me" clearly doesn't say that I'm just accepting whatever stupid title people put on me - so yes, clearly you don't know what a proclamation is. Because that's an example of resigning to whatever stupid title is given - including the sarcastic use of the fanboi spelling. Christ, you're dense.

PS - Community based games are often of varying quality by platform too - AC titles if you care about the MP are far better on consoles as one such example even though PC is the superior single player experience as an example.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Could be a minority but if possible I always prefer console games (ps3/ps4) unless the game absolutely requires a mouse -
Sc2 for example. Isn't about master race or anything, I just really prefer it. I have a fairly modern pc too

Column_sl

shitlord
Could be a minority but if possible I always prefer console games (ps3/ps4) unless the game absolutely requires a mouse -
Sc2 for example. Isn't about master race or anything, I just really prefer it. I have a fairly modern pc too
Can't be because of the controller because they share the same stuff, and Steam's jukebox destroys swapping discs.
The displays are cheaper ,and better on a PC, and multi monitors for the win.

Sitting 3 feet from a 27 inch 120hz-144hz while you are relaxed in your gaming chair with the headphones on is IMHO way better then couch gaming on a 60 inch screen.
I might have seen your point 5 years ago but not anymore.

Then its the fact the games are half price on PC if you have both console and PC, and you are getting a way better game on the PC most of the time unless it's a shitty ass port.

Szlia

Cold hard facts are not so good with the PC Master Race mantra. I checked the top 40 titles on metacritics for 2013, removing iOS and handheld games:

10 are console exclusives (3 HD remakes in the lot), 11 are games available on both PC and Console that are not graphically intensive so run identically no matter the version, 12 are games available on both PC and Console that *might* benefit from the extra power of the PC and 7 are PC exclusives (4 indies, Out of the Park Baseball, Europa Universalis IV and Dota 2)...

Not extraordinarily glorious.

10 console exclusives:
GTAV
The Last of Us
Super Mario 3D World
Skylander Swap Force
MLB 13: The Show
Pikmin 3
Ni no kuni
(MGS: Legacy Collection)
(Flower)
(Zelda WW HD)

11 low tech multi platform games:
Skulls of the Shogun
Rayman Legends
Fez
Spelunky
Rocksmith 2014
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Bit Trip Runner 2
Diablo 3
Minecraft
The Wolf Among Us

12 high tech multi platform games:
BioShock Infinite
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
FIFA 14
Assassin's Creed IV
Tomb Raider
NBA 2k14
Battlefield 4
Saint Row IV
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Devil May Cry

7 PC exclusives:
Dota 2
The Stanley Parable
The Swapper
Europa Universalis IV
Out of the Park Baseball
Gone Home
Valdis Story

Column_sl

shitlord
All that proves is the masses like some low tech shit, over half those games can be run on a vita.
Does that really surprise anyone?

My guess is the Ios, Android, market is even worse.

Vaclav

And? Low tech games are sometimes awesome - Dredmor was low tech as shit and tons of fun, ToME has a huge following here, hell Hearthstone that you love is low tech.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what that has to do with playing games on a PC.
If the game is high tech your expensive gaming PC will run it better, and on a better display.

If it's low tech , who gives a shit, you can play that shit on your phone nowadays.

All that list proves is more low tech games are popular, and he didn't even include the real low tech market like handhelds and phones.

Right now I would love to have all these great PS3 exclusive games on my PC, but they won't let me so I'm stuck buying a console to enjoy them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is the thread that keeps on giving.

Wait, no...I meant sucking. It keeps on sucking.

Column_sl

shitlord
You were dissing low tech stuff
Exactly were did I diss low tech games? I love allot of low tech games, never said I didn't.

All that proves is the masses like some low tech shit, over half those games can be run on a vita.
Does that really surprise anyone?
This is obviously a thread talking mostly about the high tech, and the platforms that run them properly.
Not a list of what are the best games reviewed, and what sells the best..