The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Huh? The Ps3 and Ps4 look identical to me....whats the HUGE improvement I am missing?
Actual triggers for L2/R2, and the thumbsticks have a curve on them unlike the PS3, where it was like a dome.

Imo the only place where the PS3 controller reigns supreme is the battery life

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Huh? The Ps3 and Ps4 look identical to me....whats the HUGE improvement I am missing?
In addition to the above the feel of the sticks are much tighter and more in line with how the 360 felt. The ps4 is an excellent controller.

I played with a demo Xbone controller and I didn't like the changes to the bumpers.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the PS4 controller is the best one yet, I think. It's a significant improvement over the PS3, especially if you have larger hands.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not only that but it's got that sweet touchpad thing. Right guys!? It's totally not awkward and placed in a strange location or anything

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So... what's the point of that touch pad, again? I haven't played anything that utilizes it.
Easier to hit select button in most stuff - but the touch features are handy at times (shrink/enlarge map like a smartphone being one of the frequent ones).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I don't find the touchpad to be that hard to press or 'out of place'. The only game that I've seen it be useful, though, is Killzone. You swipe in a direction to change your Owl's functionality. It works quite well.

Vaclav

I'd say Tomb Raider handled the touchpad wrong and right at the same time.

The really long press it wants for opening the map sucks - but the gestures are handy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was alright in Killzone, but at the same time I felt like it was only in the game BECAUSE it was on the controller and not because it added anything of value.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Pinch to zoom on maps and such would be a nice feature. Swipe to move screens on inventory or something as another. I don't see the touchpad as being really that great but there can be uses for its capabilities.

Crone

Has there been any information released on if the Kinect sensor for Xbone will fit into the empty slot or will it be just a USB accessory like it was for the 360?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Has there been any information released on if the Kinect sensor for Xbone will fit into the empty slot or will it be just a USB accessory like it was for the 360?
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
They need to release a plug so that hole doesn't fill with dust. With them removing the requirement I doubt its going to get any development especially with Microsoft's own studio getting axed.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
More remakes of games that aren't even old yet. This is the new trend, I guess.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
rrr_img_73148.jpg

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the original was a solid game, but I have no interest in paying for it again. TLoU was arguably the best game on PS3 and one of the best period, from the last generation, and I still really only bought it again since I had credit on PSN.