The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You have to have HDMI control on, in order for your TV or receiver to automatically switch HDMI sources. It will be a feature on the TV / receiver.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, Harmony remote doesn't work with PS4. But you really don't need it to. When you press the PS Button on your controller to start the PS4, your TV should automatically switch to the correct HDMI and the PS4 will be playable without using your remote to do anything. When you want to go away from the PS4, just use your Harmony remote as you normally would.
I'll have to play with this tonight, but I'm not sure I can use HDMI-CEP(?) because my PS4 isn't directly connected to my TV. Basically my TV and Sonos playbar are mounted on my living room wall, and the cabling is pulled back through the wall/ceiling to a wiring closet about 15 feet away. In there I've got my Dish DVR/PS4/Roku player all connected to a 4 port HDMI switch, and I use a harmony remote along with an IR bud by the HDMI switcher to control everything.

As it stands now after fiddling with it last night, I can power on the PS4 with the controller, and use my harmony remote to switch the input, so we're seriously talking first world problems here lol. Not the end of the world at all, just would have thought after the whole PS3/harmony debacle at release, they would have learned their lesson this time around..

And FUCK these DDOS shitbags. Back at work today and I didn't get to do jack shit with my PS4 yesterday. I got the "choose one of four" bundle, so with PSN down and no DVD's in the box, I basically had a brick for the day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fuck these fuckin companies that put some bullshit connecting to server bottleneck before te game loads. I can't play dragon age because these faggots make you connect to their servers before you can play single player. Fuck little kids, I'm pissed these guys are fucking this up for a 31 year old man

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck these fuckin companies that put some bullshit connecting to server bottleneck before te game loads. I can't play dragon age because these faggots make you connect to their servers before you can play single player. Fuck little kids, I'm pissed these guys are fucking this up for a 31 year old man
Edit: Oops. you are not on ps4 are you? My bad...

wut? It tries to connect, but if it can't, you can still play? Promise you can play this without any internet connection at all.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's been stuck at trying to connect for 10 minutes each time. Is there a way to skip it because I don't see it? I threw in gta to install anyways

It's ps4 btw

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just loaded my DA:I in for the first time and it was at trying to connect for about 5 minutes before it went to the play game screen. I did press every button on the controller a few times, doubt that did anything though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just loaded my DA:I in for the first time and it was at trying to connect for about 5 minutes before it went to the play game screen. I did press every button on the controller a few times, doubt that did anything though.
I'll try it again later, I waited 30 minutes and nothing was happening

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
My ps4 is stuck while loading Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age, and Infamous second son, and even Transistor....glad I got some new games for Christmas!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Is x box one still down? Won one a few weeks ago at a company party. Haven't bother to open it yet. Have some family coming over and thought I'd let the kids play with it but if it won't work not sure I want to deal with that

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My ps4 is stuck while loading Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age, and Infamous second son, and even Transistor....glad I got some new games for Christmas!
Had the same issue, a bit of warning though, don't close the games out while that indicator light is still loading because I believe it is what corrupted some of my game files. Had to reinstall some stuff and seems to be okay (offline), atm at least.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
also for those that were wondering about Destiny, I was able to log in early this morning before it crashed again. Xur is selling that cheesy sniper rifle that can be equipped as a primary (I forget the name). Was hoping for Icebreaker or Suros. Oh well.

That's the PS4. Dunno if it is different on the Xbone.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm really liking the Kinect with the Xbox one since it basically acts like the A/V receiver I was to cheap to buy.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I predict this DDoS shit is going to become more rampant. It literally takes little to no hacker skills whatsoever, just a membership to some hacker board and either access to the malware and a large email distro, or just some bitcoin to rent out your own bot network for the week. The future doesn't bode well when a bunch of 13 year old brats can disrupt large commercial networks from their basement with little risk of being caught.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
More likely to be guys in their 20s and 30s, and as it becomes more common they run the risk of annoying other people like themselves who want to actually play their xbox so they will be backstabbing each other more than anything.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tried to hook up the xbone. Fuck that shit, ask me more about my advertising preferences. Microsoft can eat a bulls dick on YouTube live and I wouldn't be satisfied.

EDIT wonder who has[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */not happy with me

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Xbox One Unity bundle for $165'ish if willing to jump through some hoops. Basically gaming the Newegg system that if you at least finish the transaction with Bitcoins, even if it's just a couple bucks, you get the $100 off.

Xbox One Console Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle + 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership + $40 Newegg Gift Card $253.48 with BitCoin Checkout 12-26-2014 - Slickdeals.net

1. Buy a $249 newegg GC using AMEX (get $25 when you spend $200). You should get GC in less than 30 mins. (Please check if your state has TAX and buy GC accordingly)
newegg GC [newegg.com]
2. Sign up at coinbase.com and you will get $1 when you set up account. If you use referral link below you will get extra $1 (use instant verification for bank account)
without referral [coinbase.com]
with referral [coinbase.com] <--- FuzzBall03: Use the referral so you get $1.99 - Else exchange rate might get you caught short like it did me the first time.
3. Add Xbox one to your cart and enter BITCOINXBOX100 in promo code.
XBOX ONE AC [newegg.com]
4. Add $249 GC
5. Choose Bitcoin as payment method and pay remaining balance $0.99 with bitcoin. Remeber you will have only 15 mins to pay with bitcoin.

How to Pay with Bitcoin:
You have two options
1. Scan the QR code by opening coinbase.com on mobile or
2. Choose SEND in coinbase.com and copy the link from bitcoin invoice in newegg and paste it in the bitcoin address bar in coinbase.com (this is what I did)

XBOX AC bundle: $349.99
BITCOINXBOX100 Coupon: -$100
AMEX offer: -$25
newegg GC: -$40
XBOX LIVE gold: -$40 (depends upon where you sell)
ACU and AC BF : -$30 (depends upon where you sell)

$115 + tax (in some states) for XBOX ONE. Pretty slick!!!

Update on order:
Purchased GC yesterday at 5 PM CST and received GC at 5:30 PM CST and placed the order at 5:45 PM CST. At 8 AM CST next day received the XBOX LIVE GOLD digital code and tracking number shipping via UPS from Edison, NJ.

GC orders placed late in the night are taking longer since the order has to go through verification process. Chatting with CS rep might help in expediting the verification process.

Received AMEX $25 statement credit in couple of days.
Also at risk of being a slickdeals whore... for those of you not able to access all of your content, some are posting they are able to get credited the amount they spent on digital content they can not get too, due to the hack.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7549162-12-2...-to-outage?v=1

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I know you guys said a Vita really isn't worth it, but my friend is going to sell me his almost brand new 1.0 one for $80. Figured for that price, its totally worth it. GameStop has Freedom Wars for $14.99 and 32gb mem cards for $44.99