The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
four new xbox one bundles will be announced monday, for anyone thinking about getting one. Probably Tomb Raider, some sports thing, maybe Assassins Creed?, Battlefront?

YxXbGcn.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone updating the Gamertag spreadsheet?

Xbox name is Chanur999
PS4 name is Chanur1

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still haven't bought a new console this generation... curious what my best options are for selling my old 360, 4 controllers, and like 40 games. I assume trade in is probably the best bet to get anywhere near the cost of a new console? I still probably end up paying $100 of my own after all is said and done.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
For the console and controllers - ebay will get you the most money, but gamestop or movie trading company will be faster. Also pawn shops will take them and pay out slightly less because it's cash instead of trade-in credit. For the games, if you are patient: definitelyglydewould be my first choice, or ebay if they arent selling, gamestop if you're impatient.

With 40 games to sell, you honestly should be breaking more than even for the cost of a new console, even if you dump it all at gamestop.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I still haven't bought a new console this generation... curious what my best options are for selling my old 360, 4 controllers, and like 40 games. I assume trade in is probably the best bet to get anywhere near the cost of a new console? I still probably end up paying $100 of my own after all is said and done.
At this point I'd consider waiting and seeing if there aren't 50-100 dollar price drops coming before Christmas for the PS4, honestly.

Lotta rumors its going to happen, there's been some bundles with MGS V and another game bundled for 400 bucks and whatnot lately as well.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
+1 to both of you. Even if I sell now I still plan on waiting until Black Friday due to sales/price drop hopes.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
FYI: If anyone is planning on waiting till black friday to buy a new console, if you have a mastercard, you can buy one anytime 60 days before at full price, and then thanks to the price protection benefit (which DOES work with black friday deals) you can just get reimbursed by MC for the difference. no waiting in lines, no messing with the rush or any of that.

*note: it has to be the same item, so if you buy a ps4 now, and then the black friday deals are all bundles, it won't work. best wait until the black friday deals are announced a week or two before, then go buy whatever it is.

spronk

FPS noob
black friday is for suckers, you can get better deals year around just by setting up keywords on slickdeals. then your wife goes and fights all the obese crowds while you sleep in and watch football

amazon has a great bundle thats the pretty destiny white PS4 + MGS5 for $399. gamestop has a $399 bundle that is black ps4, 2 controllers, a sports game, and 3 months PS+ for $399 for military members

best buy is currently running a promo of $150 towards an xbox one if you trade in a 360 but it has to be the 250gb model. old games don't trade in for very much, expect to just get $1 or so for most of them. i don't want to deal with weirdos/scammers/trannies on craigslist so gamestop/best buy are my go to's for trading. Keep in mind the xbox one is going to be BC with many 360 games (in preview now), but you'd need the disc still if you didn't buy it digitally.

there will definitely be some killer deals between now and holidays, i'd wait until monday to see what new bundles microsoft announces. in the past the microsoft store has run some great trade in promos, like $175 off xbox one if you trade in a 360, and $5-10 per old game you trade in (max 5 per person though) and big discounts. but it comes in small time periods, nothing going on right now.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For whoever was looking for ps4 controllers, newegg has them for $44 right now, various colors

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played some more drive club after my initial 0/10 review and it isn't bad if you just want to waste some time driving around.