The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I was interested in that one, but my PS4 is on laid down flat in game cabinet so I would never see the graphic, just the black front.

I decided that game is NOT going to be a day one buy, gonna need some reviews before I go for it. I am not much of a FPS player on the best of days, ....but starwars.

spronk

FPS noob
battlefield hardline is being added to EA Access next month on Xbox live, pretty good deal. insane deal if you play sports games, but even if you don't you get battlefield 4, titanfall, some kid shit (peggle PvZ) need for speed rivals and now battlefield hardline for $30/yr

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Thinking of finally moving into the latest gen console, but I have to "think of the children".

Who's offering good games for 5 to 10 year olds? Is Nintendo still king? What does Xbone and PS4 have for kids these days?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Get a PS4 and tell your kids to man the fuck up.
8y5ABu4.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Thinking of finally moving into the latest gen console, but I have to "think of the children".

Who's offering good games for 5 to 10 year olds? Is Nintendo still king? What does Xbone and PS4 have for kids these days?
yeah, Nintendo is still 'king' of first party kid shit. Mario Party, SMASH, MarioKart etc etc. Lots of great couch co-op. But honestly man, you have a 50/50 shot of your kid turning into an insufferable NeoGAF weeaboo faget. This raises to 90/10 if your child plays a Pokemon game before they complete a Final Fantasy game. You have a responsibility to your family here, dude.

I'll literally call FACS if you buy Nintendo's absurd dying console given my warnings above. You are the man of the house, make the right call and just say no to Nintendo. The games aren't as fun as you remember, kids will fucking OWN you online, Zelda isn't coming out until Allah knows when, and the only good use for Amiibo is setting them up on your PC desk. You don't need to own a Wii u to do that.

As far as kids games on PS4, There's a ton:

All the Lego games
Skylanders, Disney Infinity
Knack and Little Big Planet
Child of Light, Rayman, Shovelknight and tons of other great platformers.
TONS of simplistic yet effective indie garbage (Towerfall, Steamworld Dig, Rogue Legacy)
Rocket League
Pix the Cat
Dungeon Defenders 2 (paid alpha starts on the 27th)
Minecraft (M$ bought it, so expect future releases to be/have windows exclusive content. Only argument for an XBONE for kids IMO)
Super Mega Baseball, Just Dance, and every current gen sports game really
Octodad
Call of Duty

spronk

FPS noob
if you are into sports games or Halo or you sucked a lot of frat boy dick in college and still are facebook friends with them all buy an xbox one, otherwise buy a PS4

kids are little shits and all playing mobile games and minecraft now they will just roll their eyes when you start talking about consoles
Kids pick mobile devices over PCs, consoles for gaming - CNET

edit: heavy rain and beyond 2 souls coming to PS4, remaster
QUANTIC DREAM on Twitter:

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what age you are talking about, but my boys (10 and 13) are currently saving up their own money to replace their Xbox 360 with a ps4. I won't let them play on mine...