The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I finally decided to upgrade to a PS4 with CoD bundled. I haven't spent any time in any shooters for a couple of years. Ho Lee Shit. These guys are really good or really cheating which, as far as I know, would be pretty obvious due to lag from lag switches. Maybe I am just getting old and slow.

When I see shit like a guy comes flying over a wall and takes out three guys, while at the apex of his jump, without any of them getting a shot off, it just seems surreal to me. How much time could these guys be spending in game to become that good?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I finally decided to upgrade to a PS4 with CoD bundled. I haven't spent any time in any shooters for a couple of years. Ho Lee Shit. These guys are really good or really cheating which, as far as I know, would be pretty obvious due to lag from lag switches. Maybe I am just getting old and slow.

When I see shit like a guy comes flying over a wall and takes out three guys, while at the apex of his jump, without any of them getting a shot off, it just seems surreal to me. How much time could these guys be spending in game to become that good?
Some people literally play nothing but call of duty, for hours every day.

spronk

FPS noob
make sure you play normal not hardcore, i'm fucking michael j fox when it comes to shooter skill but even I can do ok after a while. Most important thing in BLOPS3 is learning the maps, there are areas where you are just exposed on all sides so you wanna be ultra cautious there and there are a ton of not-obvious ways to get from point A to B. I find just following other dudes and switching between shotgun and AR loadouts works well for me, but yeah I rarely top scores and have only gotten one of the killstreak bonus items like twice

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I played off and on over the weekend, mostly hardcore because a buddy of mine plays it. I'm not sure what the difference is in skill level but I do like that 1-2 hits normally does the trick. I play the Domination objectives pretty aggressively so my K/D suffers partially due to that.

I have made the winner's circle maybe 4 or 5 times, 2nd place was my best.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I like to play the single player CoD campaigns. How brutal is "real life"? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm getting my ass handed to myself doing Hardcore that way.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
There are some excellent COD players. Having played on both platforms I've found that the PS4 has a better player base than on the Xbox. Night and day difference in my experience. You can get some rooms on either where it's just terrible or super well organized but on average I'd say the PS4 players are better skilled. Likely because the number of kids playing on PS is also much smaller.

The experience is night and day different. Not just player skill but maturity as well.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If people aren't yelling the N word at me, then how will I know I am playing multiplayer?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I first got back into console gaming 10 or so years ago I had a really tough time with the controllers. I got stomped in call of duty games, Unreal tournament, etc. Took some time but I'm a little better now. I can't play 8 hours a day like the kids so I'll never be like them, but at least I can hop in and have fun.

Just don't pussy out and get a keyboard and mouse.

spronk

FPS noob
PS4 has sold 35.7m units through to consumers so far in 2 years, 5.7m alone in the holiday period
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4.../1100-6433517/

To compare
PS4 holiday sales in 2015 = 5.7 million units
PS3 holiday sales in 2009 = 3.8 million units
PS2 holiday sales in 2001 = 5.3 million units

Not sure what xbox one total is but I think its a bit over 20m, so quite a gap has grown now.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I tried "real life" in the CoD campaign and its seems impossible as single player since its one hit kill. I think its designed to be played as a 4 player mode.
That being said... I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would. I was pissed at first how good some people seem to be but I just got over it and enjoying the game. I like trying to complete the challenges and trying to pull off crazy kills. Also, I like the fact that there are 5 games in one: 1. Campaign, 2. Zombie Campaign (unlocks after campaign is beat or cheat code entered) 3. Arcade mode. 4. Multiplayer 5. Zombies
I don't know what it is about Zombies but I love that mode. If anyone wants to tackle Zombies and try to unlock all the easter eggs or Multiplayer, Hit me up!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
PS4 has sold 35.7m units through to consumers so far in 2 years, 5.7m alone in the holiday period
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4.../1100-6433517/

To compare
PS4 holiday sales in 2015 = 5.7 million units
PS3 holiday sales in 2009 = 3.8 million units
PS2 holiday sales in 2001 = 5.3 million units

Not sure what xbox one total is but I think its a bit over 20m, so quite a gap has grown now.
When Microsoft decided to no longer report hardware sales and instead report on Xbox live subscribers you know their numbers are no where near ps4.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Xbox surprised Sony last holiday and won so Sony was ready. Tomb sold like shit vs Fallout 4 (sadly a million is shit) and they had a crap holiday sale. Maybe next year they will wise the fuck up. Most estimates are around 20 million vs Sony 36 which is a lot better then I thought lol.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's all the same stuff as last gen, just the same players in different positions. Business as usual. Industry is doing well, I'll take it, though I wish Nintendo was more competitive.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah they flip flopped and it easily could go the other way next Gen. Industry is booming and to own both consoles is great. No desire for Nintendo Wii due to massive backlog on Steam, Xbox, and Ps4.

spronk

FPS noob
The (Nintendo) NX is rumored to get announced and launched this year too, I can just imagine what a giant turd its going to be

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh I don't know. Wii U has so far a lot more interesting games than PS4, imo. Obviously it's been out longer but still. Sure it doesn't have CoD or whatever but since I don't play these, or play the PC versions, I actually didn't get much value out of my PS4. I bought it kinda rushed to get the FFXIV free upgrade from PS3 to PS4 done before it was over last year, and the only PS4 game I bought so far is Bloodborne. A good game sure but it wasn't worth the price of the console, and while I'll buy more stuff in the coming years, it's not quite there yet. If I had a Wii U, I'd probably have a few more games. Bayonetta 2, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors and the Wonderful 101. Probably Smash too and maybe one of the mario shit or whatever.

So I wouldn't say it really means the NX is gonna be a turd, even for a console that has such poor sales as the Wii U, they still had a good selection of games. I also wouldn't trust every rumor. While I'm fairly sure Nintendo will show the NX at E3 this year like they've done for the last few consoles, I don't know if they'll actually release it this year, it seems kinda rushed, but who knows. We still don't even know what type of console it really is. Might replace the Wii U, or it might just be a new handheld with retrocompatibility with the Wii U and a way to plug it into a TV or whatever.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I'm a console newbie. I haven't owned one since Playstation 2. I want to get a PS4 but not sure where to start. I'll admit: I want it mostly for Battlefront. I played the PC beta and was horribly disappointed by the gameplay (lack of depth mostly) but the graphics, sound, etc are great. I've been wanting to play it just because it's got that quality and I fucking love Star Wars. So I figured, play it on PS4 on the big screen with nice sound while chilling on my couch with some beers. I could enjoy that a lot.

I see the Battlefront PS4 bundle is on Amazon for ~$350. Anyone know of any better deals in an off-the-beaten path website? Also what's all this about upgrading the hard drive? I'm clueless!

Also thought about getting Destiny to try it out since lots of people I work with (military) play it...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I'm a console newbie. I haven't owned one since Playstation 2. I want to get a PS4 but not sure where to start. I'll admit: I want it mostly for Battlefront. I played the PC beta and was horribly disappointed by the gameplay (lack of depth mostly) but the graphics, sound, etc are great. I've been wanting to play it just because it's got that quality and I fucking love Star Wars. So I figured, play it on PS4 on the big screen with nice sound while chilling on my couch with some beers. I could enjoy that a lot.

I see the Battlefront PS4 bundle is on Amazon for ~$350. Anyone know of any better deals in an off-the-beaten path website? Also what's all this about upgrading the hard drive? I'm clueless!

Also thought about getting Destiny to try it out since lots of people I work with (military) play it...
Battlefield it up with me or did you forget how to use a AEK?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think the bundles were down to 300$ during the sales leading up to xmas, so you might be able to get a better price if you wait, but who knows when that'll be. For the hard drive, people recommend changing the hard drive to a SSD/HDD hybrid to get better load times. Pure SSD apparently doesn't make much of a difference so the hybrids are cheaper for the size. You have to open the PS4 and change shit though which sounds kinda annoying. I'm sure there's detailed youtube guides and what not to do it though.

And Destiny's pretty cheap so might as well go for it. You do need PSN Plus to play it though, I think that's like, 40bucks a year or something? Think base price is 50 but in the US you can find sales and shit every now and then for it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Eh I don't know. Wii U has so far a lot more interesting games than PS4, imo. Obviously it's been out longer but still. Sure it doesn't have CoD or whatever but since I don't play these, or play the PC versions, I actually didn't get much value out of my PS4. I bought it kinda rushed to get the FFXIV free upgrade from PS3 to PS4 done before it was over last year, and the only PS4 game I bought so far is Bloodborne. A good game sure but it wasn't worth the price of the console, and while I'll buy more stuff in the coming years, it's not quite there yet. If I had a Wii U, I'd probably have a few more games. Bayonetta 2, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors and the Wonderful 101. Probably Smash too and maybe one of the mario shit or whatever.

So I wouldn't say it really means the NX is gonna be a turd, even for a console that has such poor sales as the Wii U, they still had a good selection of games. I also wouldn't trust every rumor. While I'm fairly sure Nintendo will show the NX at E3 this year like they've done for the last few consoles, I don't know if they'll actually release it this year, it seems kinda rushed, but who knows. We still don't even know what type of console it really is. Might replace the Wii U, or it might just be a new handheld with retrocompatibility with the Wii U and a way to plug it into a TV or whatever.
I don't completely disagree, but think some of it is the product of being off-cycle. We'd have probably gone PS4 + Wii U if they released around the same time and my wife would have never bought us an Xbox One. Now that we've shifted more to the Xbox One (simply because it's always on and more accessible) and our PS4 sits largely unused since Redboxing The Order when that was released.... we'd absolutely get more out of a Wii U. But we're not buying a console that is now 'done', and I don't usually sell consoles until end of life so no interest really swapping out the PS4 as surely I'll end up resubbing to PS+ when there's better titles available.

So now the NX will come out, with however many games (if BC I think it's more likely we'd buy it, due to quality Wii U games we missed) and at a price point higher than we'd spend on a 2nd/3rd console... making it a non-starter for the most part in our household.

It's a little bit down the rabbit hole, but I don't think this is a very unusual perception/scenario among potential buyers.