The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Games being added to EA Access: Need for Speed (7/12), Unravel (7/12), and Garden Warfare 2 (8/30)

spronk

FPS noob
rdr is now live under BC on xbox one, played a few minutes. i know what i'll be doing this weekend

sucks too, i just got to the part in witcher 3 where you hang out with hookers

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
rdr is now live under BC on xbox one, played a few minutes. i know what i'll be doing this weekend

sucks too, i just got to the part in witcher 3 where you hang out with hookers
I wonder how this BC works, seeing as most of the new Xbox games are going to be playable on PC would it be completely out of the realm of possibility to bring 360 digital games to PC?

spronk

FPS noob
port is apparently really good according to digital foundry - while 360 version would constantly dip below 30 fps, the xbox one BC version is 100% 30 fps all the time
Red Dead Redemption Xbox One vs Xbox 360 Gameplay Frame-Rate Test - YouTube

I wouldn't count on the BC emu coming to PC anytime soon. While theoretically possible, since its really just an app running on x86 fully emulating the 360 APIs and pre-translating all the 360 games to x86, between publisher agreements and piracy considerations it wouldn't make much sense for Microsoft to port it to a Windows 10 UWP app.

spronk

FPS noob
interesting
Microsoft to offer Xbox One trade-up program for Project Scorpio

possible $599 MSRP of Scorpio (Fall 2017), possible trade up programs is nice. Esp since xbone supports ext USB drives, I have a 2TB drive attached to mine and I've already switched consoles once, it was WAY easier than ps4 - just deactivate old one, power on new one, sign in, and it auto recognized the new drive and redownloaded all my cloud saves and stuff. Up and running in 10 minutes, vs the hours and hours it took on PS4 to copy games to USB drive, reinstall my SSHD on new PS4, then hours to recopy/redownload everything.

Fantastic deal on a xbox one right now too, $299 from microsoft store for one with 1TB, Halo 5, GoW, Rare Replay, ORI, extra game, extra controller, $50 microsoft store GC, and $20 design (byo controller) credit
Buy Xbox One Spring Bundle (1TB) Review - Microsoft Store

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So far the only game I want on Xbone is RDR, which I have on PS3.
frown.png
What are must-have Xbone exclusives and what's coming up this year? I didn't really follow much E3 stuff this year.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
EA Access is probably my most coveted Xbox One exclusive, as I've been gaming mostly on PC and EA Access gives me 20+ titles and discounts on the handful of titles I do buy.

I expect that to change w/ Xbox Play Anywhere, more willing to buy some of the other titles if they're available on both PC and my console as a result.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
interesting
Microsoft to offer Xbox One trade-up program for Project Scorpio

possible $599 MSRP of Scorpio (Fall 2017), possible trade up programs is nice. Esp since xbone supports ext USB drives, I have a 2TB drive attached to mine and I've already switched consoles once, it was WAY easier than ps4 - just deactivate old one, power on new one, sign in, and it auto recognized the new drive and redownloaded all my cloud saves and stuff. Up and running in 10 minutes, vs the hours and hours it took on PS4 to copy games to USB drive, reinstall my SSHD on new PS4, then hours to recopy/redownload everything.

Fantastic deal on a xbox one right now too, $299 from microsoft store for one with 1TB, Halo 5, GoW, Rare Replay, ORI, extra game, extra controller, $50 microsoft store GC, and $20 design (byo controller) credit
Buy Xbox One Spring Bundle (1TB) Review - Microsoft Store
The extra game (in the Canada store) is Watchdogs, just dance 2016 or just Dance Disney party 2.
In the USA no watch dogs but add AC Unity as an option.

Both sites show a 8/31/16 release date for the new Xbox One S 2tb 4k slim.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Those free games are basically 'no game'. I just want to be able to watch Netflix 4k on my new TV dammit!

spronk

FPS noob
doritos is giving away a free copy of Joy Ride Turbo for 360/xbone
Frito-Lay Be Snack Ready
use code 373315720 and time 12:18 for #1 (try 3 different last digits for code if it doesn't work)
use code 373315880 and time 09:39 for #2
give valid email since you have to click on a link in the email to get the xbox code

grats, you now own a game you won't ever play

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
for the last 2-3 days ive not been able to watch anything in the media player it constantly skips and stutters to the point where its unwatchable, ive had issues of it skipping and such but i more or less fixed that issue by fast forward a little bit and it would kind of even itself out and stop the skipping, but now for the last few days that little trick isnt working to get it to stop skipping, i was maybe wondering if it was the format but no its happening with every type.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Installed RDR on my Xbox One and then was able to download all the DLC - Very seamless which was good. This game holds up VERY well.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Installed RDR on my Xbox One and then was able to download all the DLC - Very seamless which was good. This game holds up VERY well.
do you wanna form a posse and wreck some shit? I can get Sukik, Texas, Chiba , and probably Steve and tecktoe on board. Logging on now.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That VR is looking pretty cool with some of those games. Seeing the anime singer on stage made me wonder, would be easy to configure something like this to help people with public speaking difficulties too by simulating that. Could also make a pretty cool crime investigation game, doubled up for hilarity if it had a built in blacklight and your house showed all the mysterious blood stains on the carpet.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I heard the Playstation VR is bad in comparison with HTC Vive - has anyone used both to compare?