The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
... also journey is up on PS4 today, $12 for PS+
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...URNEYPS4061115
I finished Journey today for the first time on the PS4. What a fantastic game, I really enjoyed it! Thanks for the recommendation
biggrin.png

Szlia

Since this is a bit like the "general video game thread" I have a question: Tembo The Badass Elephant? Anyone played that? I don't like the art style, but it's made by Game Freak. That's the studio that makes Pok?mon (whatever), but I am mostly intrigued because a few years back they made a great 2D platformer on GBA called Drill Dozer. So I guess my question is: Is this just destuction haha destruction hoho or is it a little more clever and inventive than that gameplay wise?

spronk

FPS noob
best selling video games in north america in retail for first half of this year
Mortal Kombat X leads video game sales so far in 2015 - Fortune

1. Mortal Kombat X (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
3. Battlefield Hardline (Publisher: Electronic Arts)
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Publisher: Activision)
5. Minecraft (Publisher: Microsoft)
6. Batman: Arkham Knight (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
7. Dying Light (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
8. NBA 2K15 (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Publisher: CD Projekt Red)
10. Super Smash Bros. (Publisher: Nintendo)

Batman released June 23d so pretty good for only being a week of sales. No Bloodborne or Splatoon.

GTA5 is pretty surprising, must be up to 60m copies sold by now.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you own a PS4 and dont have Bastion yet... buy it today. Its $3.45 right now and freaking great!

Szlia

I must confess that I tried playing Bastion last September and its terrible terrible frictionless combat made me drop it very very fast (54 minutes says Steam). Also, since the narrator thing has been copied to death after it, it lost all of its freshness for those who play the game now. Did not last much longer with Transistor too, but I'll give it another go at some point.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must confess that I tried playing Bastion last September and its terrible terrible frictionless combat made me drop it very very fast (54 minutes says Steam). Also, since the narrator thing has been copied to death after it, it lost all of its freshness for those who play the game now. Did not last much longer with Transistor too, but I'll give it another go at some point.
Transistor was AMAZING

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's emulated input (WASD -> L-stick and mouse -> R-stick) just like XIM4, so there's not much games can do about it... but at the same time it's not going to be anywhere near as precise as PC mouse and keyboard controls.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's emulated input (WASD -> L-stick and mouse -> R-stick) just like XIM4, so there's not much games can do about it... but at the same time it's not going to be anywhere near as precise as PC mouse and keyboard controls.
Huh, I assumed since it was licensed by Sony it would be true KBM.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Huh, I assumed since it was licensed by Sony it would be true KBM.
The PS4 already recognizes keyboard and mice doesn't it? Pretty sure the actual video game has to have software to support it (e.g., Sony Move works with the PS4 but does nothing in most games).

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The PS4 already recognizes keyboard and mice doesn't it? Pretty sure the actual video game has to have software to support it (e.g., Sony Move works with the PS4 but does nothing in most games).
This. It seems like this is an official Xim4? I'll wait for reviews, but if it works well, I'd play more console fps games.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think the only way to run a kbm through the ps4 is with some auxiliary piece of hardware connected to a PC. Could be wrong, but I know they sell something like that third party.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah you can plug in a kbm but a game has to have the code to support it, i can't think of a single FPS that does but stuff like xim fakes a controller

honestly unless you are like a quadriplegic or have parkinsons or something you can adapt super fast to just using a controller, i only played MMOs for years on PC so never really used a controller but when PS4 came out I switched and have had no probs at all and I'm a pretty shitty PVPer. most console FPS' have aim assist so you can get pretty good at head shotting with controllers.

Of course I wouldn't want to be play an FPS against a PC gamer if I'm using a console, since they have the definitive advantage with mouse speed / 180 turns and monitor refresh/rez/etc (not to mention possible wallhacks, aimbots) but I don't think using a kbm on a console will really help anyone pwn noobs, probably the reverse.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Meh, I'm still gonna pick one up for DOOM. I really want to play that game but I can't stomach using a controller for FPS games.