The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What do people think the best current shooter on ps4 is? Blops3? Both Blops3 and battlefront are 40 at target so thinking about picking one up for those nights where I want to game but not to think.

Already Have battlefield 4, advanced warfare, killzone and owned destiny. Although I didn't buy any of the expansions or whatever for bf4.

Column_sl

shitlord
BF4 by far. Everything else sucks a bag of dicks.

If that is the only list you have to pick from I would just skip em. They are all mediocre.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I was not much of a cod player, but picked up black ops 3 and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's a fun arcade feeling shooter for me

Edit: playing zombies with friends is a lot of fun if the normal mode gets dull as well.

spronk

FPS noob
black ops 3 is the most value for the money, it has an insane amount of content both solo and MP and the gunplay and run and gun game is excellent. I'd only recommend battlefront if you are a super star wars fan boi, its amazing for like 3-4 hours a week but after that its pretty boring

blops 3 is also running double XP this weekend, so its a fantastic time to get in. I'm only level 28 but I got two levels last night playing, normally it takes me like a few days to get even one level. I'd just jump straight into multiplayer if you buy it this week, and run through the SP campaign next week or later, at your leisure. Play casual/TDM or special/nuketown, two great modes that are simple and quick games.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What do people think the best current shooter on ps4 is? Blops3? Both Blops3 and battlefront are 40 at target so thinking about picking one up for those nights where I want to game but not to think.

Already Have battlefield 4, advanced warfare, killzone and owned destiny. Although I didn't buy any of the expansions or whatever for bf4.
I only have Destiny and Battlefront for shooters and I've only been playing for a couple weeks (so still fun). Destiny I'm enjoying a lot but I'm only just about to hit 40 for the first time. We'll see how long it holds my attention at end-game. Battlefront is, as was said, an extremely casual FPS. Fun to play a Star Wars game but no depth whatsoever and you'll typically only play one load-out most of the time. The balance patch the other day helped a lot, though.

I want to get BF4 for my PS4 but I can't find Premium anywhere under $60 =/ I assume at this point in the game's lifecycle that you'd want premium for all the guns, at the least. No way I'm paying $60 for a game that released in 2013, though.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Picked up BF4 for $17 at Gamestop. PSN BrikkerLive, ready to level up and wreck some kids.
Spoke too soon. I seem to be terrible at this game despite playing it a lot on PC back in the day and being decent at Battlefront and Destiny pvp.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I'm looking to pickup a ps4 and I've been scoping bundles but so far the only one I'm seeing is like $350 for a ps4 + CoD. Are there any better deals out there? More games? I've been out of the console game so long so I'm not really up to speed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
$350 is the standard bundle price. Check Slickdeals to see if anyone is running a special.

As far as bundles other than CoD there is the Uncharted bundle, Star Wars Battlefront Bundle, and Target also has a Last of Us "bundle" (It doesn't come with the game bundled but rather a voucher for the game). There is also a Destiny bundle but I think that's $399 instead of $350

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have been a PS4 owner since release but the sluggish release of quality games has just killed me. I sold out and went to XBONE simply due to all the backwards compatibility releases. So if you complete good games quickly and get stuck between releases, you always have quality games to fall back on as fillers. I have also noticed that the online community is much better, more competitive, and the interface is more familiar to me even though i've had PS4 for so long.

Just throwing that out there. I really wanted to go back to PS4 due to my love of the PS2 but my PS4 went near dormant and finding myself playing PC and WiiU with family more often than PS4. I'm pretty picky with games though so others may have a much different experience.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm looking to pickup a ps4 and I've been scoping bundles but so far the only one I'm seeing is like $350 for a ps4 + CoD. Are there any better deals out there? More games? I've been out of the console game so long so I'm not really up to speed.
Not gonna find game deals like you would on PC but I have yet to buy anything for over $40. Just have to search websites/vendors a lot more.

Got my Battlefront bundle for $287 via Amazon in early January. Not sure how often it sells that low...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Right on, thanks.
I know Jet.com has the uncharted bundle for $341, and they have a coupon currently for 15% off ($50 max) your first order (15TODAY) bringing the total to $291. Most places don't pay tax there either

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not gonna find game deals like you would on PC but I have yet to buy anything for over $40. Just have to search websites/vendors a lot more.

Got my Battlefront bundle for $287 via Amazon in early January. Not sure how often it sells that low...
There are deals all the time on console games. $48 is effectively the new MSRP for new releases with either Amazon prime or GCU. GCU also frequently has $10 gift cards with preorders on top of that. Plus if you are the type of person who goes through games quickly you can trade it in and recoup most of what you paid.

Once games are older there are plenty of great deals similar to PC. Arkham Knight was $12 at BB with GCU a week ago for example.