The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
also no mention of bluray, 3d output, 4k rez potential
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...isc-drive.aspx

We didn't get to see the hardware during Sony's press event, which led to speculation of important factors like whether or not the PlayStation 4 will have a disc drive. Sony has confirmed that the console will accept discs.

The confirmation comes from Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment's worldwide studios. Yoshida was able to able to confirm that the PlayStation 4 will have a Blu-ray disc drive.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
No console reveal
No price
No HD size(( this better be huge seeing how they are going to preload games they think you'll want to buy on it. ))
No word on the console lock chips that'll be on ps4 games to stop sharing.

Otherwise, looked decent. Waiting to find out the rest of the specs and what MS is doing. Then I'll decide which console, if any, I'm going next gen or if I'll be going back to PC only.
They wanted SSD drive for the ps4 orbis along with 16 gig of ram but due to the target price point they could not do it.
We have dev kits with the 16 gig and 8 gig of ram and it does make big difference.

As for the Chip locking to shared games, both sony, and microsoft wanted this for the next consoles to stop gamestop and others from reselling them.
But the outrage on this issue and thus new gamers boycotting there machines they are backing off it.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I still don't see why everyone pushes the DRM stuff on MS or Sony, the publishers are the ones who really have anything at all to gain from that. Console makers would realize it would cost them sales, if it does go through then publishers have really offered up something big.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hardware makers inherently have access to higher security levels than game creators. That's a ridiculous comment.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Maybe I am getting too old but wow this was really boring and underwhelming, anyone else feel this way? The only thing that interested me was the Watchdog game but I saw trailers for that ages ago. Just seems that whatever tech Sony show it's all looks kinda lame compared to modern day PC. What was with the dude with the face showing emotion, was that supposed to be impressive?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I am getting too old but wow this was really boring and underwhelming, anyone else feel this way? The only thing that interested me was the Watchdog game but I saw trailers for that ages ago. Just seems that whatever tech Sony show it's all looks kinda lame compared to modern day PC. What was with the dude with the face showing emotion, was that supposed to be impressive?
Yes, minus the part about Watch Dogs because it doesn't look any better to me now than it did back at last years shows. Deep Down was the only really interesting game shown, because of its genre and because it's never been seen anywhere until now. Maybe the new inFamous game too, but I was really hoping for a new IP from Sucker Punch instead. Nearly everything else was a bunch of recycled shit we already saw last year, or just plain bad.

The controller reveal was a mixed bag; at least it's confirmed that the basic design is still intact, and the guy did say that they improved the trigger response, but I'm still expecting some really retarded shit to go along with the touchpad and Move light.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So where are videos of some of the footage? I'm really just interested in seeing the Watch Dogs video...

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'm very impressed by the hardware and functionality. The games will be a wait and see approach because afterall, we're still a year away from launch and launch titles are never the best indicator as far as game quality goes. The Killzone game and Deep Down both impressed me graphically, though.

The Muze_sl

shitlord
The "old man" demo rustled my jimmies for sure. Yeah, you have a facial structure with some nice lighting in empty space on hardware similar to what I've had in my PC for the last two years. And they are selling it to people like it is a complete revolution in graphic processing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Some of you are some crusty, joyless twats. I had a lot of fun watching the presentation. All the sharing stuff, streaming, etc is pretty neat and there's some very nice new features with video recording, suspend/resume, etc. Plus, the Vita connectivity could turn out to be great if they really nail that feature.

PDF with some stuff:http://kotaku.com/5985769/the-ps4s-specs-in-brief

m2ifmtq.png

m2ifmtq.png

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Watch Dogs has me interested for sure and give a good sign for future tech as devs get more experienced with the hardware if it's first gen cross-over, though even watching at 720p on youtube makes it a little hard to see exactly how good it should look in person

The new interface looks good too, love the livestreaming integration and video editor, they are def taking the social aspect seriously this time but it's looking very Xbox/Win8 boxy

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514473

Vorph

Sony must have justreallywanted Quantic Dream to be there, but they are still working on getting Beyond: Two Souls out the door and have little to nothing to show for the PS4 yet. They'll very likely be shipping their final PS3 game only a month or two before the PS4 launch, so we won't see any solid next gen info out of them until next E3 most likely.

Some of you are some crusty, joyless twats. I had a lot of fun watching the presentation. All the sharing stuff, streaming, etc is pretty neat and there's some very nice new features with video recording, suspend/resume, etc. Plus, the Vita connectivity could turn out to be great if they really nail that feature.
That's not it at all. I'm very much looking forward to the PS4. But that's been true for a long time, and this presentation did almost nothing to add to it.

Suspend/resume will be a nice feature. All that other stuff was just a distraction from the things that really matter--hardware, games, and release date--and the things they don't want to talk about at all yet, for obvious reasons--namely DRM and price. My impression of the entire presentation was that it was originally scheduled for sometime later in spring, but someone decided that they absolutely had to do it now instead and people were given a couple weeks to throw together whatever they had.

And Vita connectivity? They need to worry about the Vita's pathetic library of games before trying to sell it as a PS4 accessory.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I personally cannot wait for this next generation to get started. Currently game design is seriously hamstrung since they're all built on the X360/PS3's extremely limited hardware to begin with. They have huge limitations on level design and everything that entails. Size of maps, the scale of environments, object count, npc count, encounter scripting, AI design, etc.

Plus, we'll finally get textures that aren't being forced through some really pathetic ram.

Vaclav

Agree with Sean 110% here on both posts - I'll be starting my $529 SKU P/O as soon as offered with the specs stated. Only disappointment being the launch titles thusfar but that could improve with 9 mos not to mention launch titles generally aren't exciting...