The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Boycotting 360 now even, Sean? Figured you'd at least ride out the 360 preference until next gen.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Boycotting 360 now even, Sean? Figured you'd at least ride out the 360 preference until next gen.
I've got my principles. Microsoft can rightly go fuck themselves for the shit they tried to do to consumer rights. Also, over half (7/13) of those games arePS3 exclusives.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Is GTA 5 coming out on the next gen as well? You bring up a good point. After seeing all these new massive open worlds on next gen hardware I don't really see the point in playing GTA 5. I think it will significantly hurt it's sales.

Surely they will port it to next gen....? They'd have to be crazy not to.

Vaclav

I've got my principles. Microsoft can rightly go fuck themselves for the shit they tried to do to consumer rights. Also, over half (7/13) of those games arePS3 exclusives.
True hadn't bothered checking that part - just was surprised. Figured you'd at least sunset the 360. Not disappointed I switched ~2 years back after my third DVD failure that they kept not repairing and sending back to me on 360's - not sure what my take would be if I was sitting on both currently. (Well, I'd probably lean PS3, I tended to during the timeframe I had both briefly - since when there's no absolute console preference I like the trophy system for PSN better than just a flat generic score that can be a million games with 10 pts each vs. rewarding completion)

On GTA5 - They've stated they're not working on it for next gen at all.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Is GTA 5 coming out on the next gen as well? You bring up a good point. After seeing all these new massive open worlds on next gen hardware I don't really see the point in playing GTA 5. I think it will significantly hurt it's sales.

Surely they will port it to next gen....? They'd have to be crazy not to.
It's Rockstar, so I expect them to be Crazy. Hell, they never ported RDR to PC.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I honestly do not know how Radioshack is still in business.
I guess you don't own your own home? Radioshack is great for shit like "oh fuck my security alarm battery is dead", as well as "oh shit I need that adapter or dongle right now, and don't want to wait two days for it to ship".

Vaclav

I guess you don't own your own home? Radioshack is great for shit like "oh fuck my security alarm battery is dead", as well as "oh shit I need that adapter or dongle right now, and don't want to wait two days for it to ship".
Target has always been fine for batteries even oddballs for me.

Flesseck

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, definitely get on that shit. Undisputed game of the year for 2010. I have no idea why R* hasn't ported it already.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I began playing it and it was a great game. I never really got that far into it due to life etc. Now that I think of it. RDR would be a perfect franchise for rockstar to hit the next gen on. A lot of modern day open world games are being made at the moment on Next-gen but no Open world westerns.

Fuck I'm still so stuck on which console to get. I just really like the look of Titan fall and I can't get it on PC as there aren't many PC gamers left in AUS in comparison to console. Farrrrkrkkkk its killing me.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I began playing it and it was a great game. I never really got that far into it due to life etc. Now that I think of it. RDR would be a perfect franchise for rockstar to hit the next gen on. A lot of modern day open world games are being made at the moment on Next-gen but no Open world westerns.

Fuck I'm still so stuck on which console to get. I just really like the look of Titan fall and I can't get it on PC as there aren't many PC gamers left in AUS in comparison to console. Farrrrkrkkkk its killing me.
Are you serious? No contest what console to get. PS4 everyday and twice and Sundays. If Titanfall is coming out on PC its even a further no brainer.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Do you really think the Xbone will be so popular in Australia that you'll have more people to play Titanfall on it than on PC? By the logic you might as well buy the X360 version instead. The Xbone is far from guaranteed to have a player base dude.

In an interview the developers also said that it's possible that it will come to PS4 (and if PS4 massively outsells the Xbone, it will).

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Keep seeing rumors of dedicated servers via Azure for all Xbox games after the wired article that came out. Does anyone here have some insight on this? I really don't want to support Microsoft but dedicated servers for all the FPS games would be killer.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Do you really think the Xbone will be so popular in Australia that you'll have more people to play Titanfall on it than on PC? By the logic you might as well buy the X360 version instead. The Xbone is far from guaranteed to have a player base dude.

In an interview the developers also said that it's possible that it will come to PS4 (and if PS4 massively outsells the Xbone, it will).
By a mile. Xbox live in Australia is bigger then Playstation network + PC. I know Xbox one isn't garunteed a player base that's why I'm going to wait to see pre order numbers etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Radioshack is great if you want to pay 100% more for a product that you can get in 1-2 days from sparkfun, with much less of a selection.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
By a mile. Xbox live in Australia is bigger then Playstation network + PC. I know Xbox one isn't garunteed a player base that's why I'm going to wait to see pre order numbers etc.
By a PS4. Titanfall will be Call of Duty with Robots, so you can play it 3 years down the road off a used Xbone by that point and still not miss a heartbeat.

Considering all the bad press, I am guessing you will not see a large turn out this year on Xbox for people to play with in the land down under. Simply put, no one is buying the thing, and even then, they are having supply issues.

Edit: Also, Jason West left the company. They say it was because of "Family issues" but there was also a very vocal disagreement with how things were being ran after the split and reform from Activision to EA. It will be interesting to see how this game turns out considering it is now in rush mode to be finished in time for the Xbone launch. You stated you do not have a lot of people to play with on PC so that rules you out, but quite honestly, if you are on the fence because of this game, jump to the PS4 fence and fall off it into Amazon land for your purchase. There isn't anything unique about Titan Fall other than fluid robot multiplayer (possibly) if they have enough time to polish it. And I can guarantee you Remedy's game will be pushed to kingdom come and back like they did with Alan Wake for the 360. Combine that with a shitty organization, huge value discrepancies between PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold (Slow to no movement in the sales system for discounts on games, pay-wall for standard applications which is free across any other device known to mankind, Slow reaction to consumer demand, and already hardware flaws rearing their ugly little head...)

PS4 is a pretty simply choice for a launch day console.