The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Szlia

This debate is so weird. There is a push for diversity, that is welcomed by most for different reasons (suits are like "good optics", marketing people are like "possible market expansion", PR people are like "that might make the game stand out", artists are like "different things to draw", writers are like "different kind of stories to tell", game designers are like "new situations can lead to new mechanisms", consumers are like "hey I did not play that 20 times before", etc) and that creates a bubble of over-compensation with many not so creative people going for similar ideas. Nothing to whine or despair about. We are certainly not in a context where the industry is shrinking and less games are being made, so it's not really a problem - quite the opposite really - if video game get closer to other media in the variety of experiences it can provide and the variety of audiences it can reach.

• 2Moron
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Oh, another "you're on the wrong side of history!!" faggot

It doesn't take knowing history to not be a needlessly angry/hateful human being but I guess if you're experiencing that much self loathing I can try to empathize since these are troubled times and I realize we can't all have our shit together and not look for the easy out for our personal failings.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This debate is so weird. There is a push for diversity, that is welcomed by most for different reasons (suits are like "good optics", marketing people are like "possible market expansion", PR people are like "that might make the game stand out", artists are like "different things to draw", writers are like "different kind of stories to tell", game designers are like "new situations can lead to new mechanisms", consumers are like "hey I did not play that 20 times before", etc) and that creates a bubble of over-compensation with many not so creative people going for similar ideas. Nothing to whine or despair about. We are certainly not in a context where the industry is shrinking and less games are being made, so it's not really a problem - quite the opposite really - if video game get closer to other media in the variety of experiences it can provide and the variety of audiences it can reach.
What new experiences are black female protagonists going to provide that haven't already been provided?

Also, games already provide a far greater variety of experiences than any other medium other than literature.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It doesn't take knowing history to not be a needlessly angry/hateful human being but I guess if you're experiencing that much self loathing I can try to empathize since these are troubled times and I realize we can't all have our shit together and not look for the easy out for our personal failings.

You new here? Welcome to Stormfront lite. All joking aside, the push for forced diversity, like most of the leftist shit is infecting everything. Nothing wrong with being cautious about it infecting the things we love (i.e video games)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I personally only get mildly triggered when i see a black person portray a white person - The only pass in Sam L because, well fuck you is why.

In games i dont care for skin color as long as a game is fun and enjoyable.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Personally I think it is because the subtlety or "organic" was lost in the push. Largely no one here cares about who or what is represented in a game. "No one" complained about Aloy in Horizon or any number of other games, movies, and media. The push-back has been when it appears forced purely for the sake of pandering. It was, and is, a solution looking for a problem that never really existed. People's reticence to accept it is that there is an underlying binary position on the subject. No one likes being told what they should like or that they're immediately racist for not liking something. That is a sentence lack of the breadth it is meant to cover, though. The push isn't against a demographic, it is against being told to accept this, or else.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
The biggest issue is when you give an inch the retards think they have carte blanche and take a mile. I really liked Mafia 3, protag is Lincoln Clay a massive black guy in 1960s Louisiana and it plays up all the racism issues of that day and age very well. A black char skin in multiplayer games is great, let people play what they want to feel like.

TLOU2 is an example of what happens when nobody pushes back. You get some freaking tranny looking monstrosity that is just plain ugly and every criticism is shut down with accusations of misogny, sexism, transphobia, etc. You can't simply say "I don't want to play as an UGLY LOOKING MOTHERFUCKER". And we got to that point because everyone kept praising diversity in video gaming.

Mass media does not need diversity in portrayals. Its supposed to be escapism. We don't let fat cheeto eating cows play NBA or compete in the olympics, because THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE VERY BEST. Actors also used to be the best looking specimens of humanity, but in the last decade we somehow want every actor to look like people who shop at Walmart. Obviously gaming isn't exactly analogous to movies/TV but there is a niche for putting goofy looking motherfuckers in video games, its called LGBT Indie games. Do all that stupid shit in there and keep it locked away in the parts of steam nobody goes to.

But nooooo, now everyone has to be woke so every character has to look like inbred rape Texas Chainsaw Massacre simulations, instead of hot anime big titty bitches

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Black audiences can't be reached by media that isn't from the perspective of a black creator or that doesn't depict a black experience?

What in the actual fuck?

News flash, racist, but black people are smart enough to be successful creators of anything in any field, not just black stuff. And, guess what, racist, black consumers value the same things as anyone else because they're human so are drawn to human experiences, not just whatever racist notion you have of black experiences.

Stop acting like black people aren't human that like the same human things as any other human may like. And stop acting like black people are some kind of children or animals that need special pandering to understand, enjoy or create something.

Different kinds of stories to tell? Like the human experience doesn't apply to black people. Black person is hired at a game studio and this racist thinks it's like some new life form to gain insight from instead of just a human being just as equal and capable and relatable to anyone else.

Jebus Fucking Christ y'all some racist mother fuckers.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Black audiences can't be reached by media that isn't from the perspective of a black creator or that doesn't depict a black experience?

tenor.gif

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

It's this: Three entirely different facets of the gaming industry. Sony has no other mouths to feed and has to have exclusives. But can they generate enough IPs to truly replicate the model they are trying to emulate, Apple? It may end up under the same umbrella if it isn't careful.

Microsoft really should be competing in that IP arena for the sake of both of its platforms but for some reason isn't wants instead to be the Netflix of gaming, but really it wants to be the Microsoft of gaming such that the subscription model uber alles, and the only difference is it has to feed content into the Xbox Live/Gamepass to keep the spice/subs flowing.

Nintendo is its own thing; It has its own IP and its own IP space. They aren't even running the same race with the other two, and are still not able to keep its console such that it is in stock.

There isn't nearly as much overlap, maybe for the first time. Buy all three. Enjoy all three. Play the multi-platforms on the ones that A) have your friends B) perform the best C) have the best graphics D) you like the best. I play way more stuff on the XBO now because I run into way less "Fix my driver issues" from my buddies. If we want to play, I can hop on and we can all be playing in 20 min. None of them keep up their hardware very much, and with the crypto spike, who wanted to pay a grand plus for a good video card. I know that has been over for a while but when Ampere/RDNA hits, and then XSX/PS5, I would rather do the same thing again given that very few people are playing MMOs these days. I will of course build new PCs and hopefully enjoy all the platforms but its nice to not be Tech Support for a bunch of now- middle aged professionals and my kids any more.

• 3Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
It's this: Three entirely different facets of the gaming industry. Sony has no other mouths to feed and has to have exclusives. But can they generate enough IPs to truly replicate the model they are trying to emulate, Apple? It may end up under the same umbrella if it isn't careful.

Microsoft really should be competing in that IP arena for the sake of both of its platforms but for some reason isn't wants instead to be the Netflix of gaming, but really it wants to be the Microsoft of gaming such that the subscription model uber alles, and the only difference is it has to feed content into the Xbox Live/Gamepass to keep the spice/subs flowing.

Nintendo is its own thing; It has its own IP and its own IP space. They aren't even running the same race with the other two, and are still not able to keep its console such that it is in stock.

There isn't nearly as much overlap, maybe for the first time. Buy all three. Enjoy all three. Play the multi-platforms on the ones that A) have your friends B) perform the best C) have the best graphics D) you like the best. I play way more stuff on the XBO now because I run into way less "Fix my driver issues" from my buddies. If we want to play, I can hop on and we can all be playing in 20 min. None of them keep up their hardware very much, and with the crypto spike, who wanted to pay a grand plus for a good video card. I know that has been over for a while but when Ampere/RDNA hits, and then XSX/PS5, I would rather do the same thing again given that very few people are playing MMOs these days. I will of course build new PCs and hopefully enjoy all the platforms but its nice to not be Tech Support for a bunch of now- middle aged professionals and my kids any more.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I agree with what you are saying, but this part isn’t unique to Nintendo. PlayStation and Xbox are also not in stock. The China flu really did a number on all of their availability.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The ultimate response to Chimney Chimney 's nonsense is one movie: Aliens.

That movie was diverse as fuck. Black leader (who shits all over his white boss with the support of every character in the movie), butch Latina badass bitch, white grunts, black grunts, chicks, dudes. The movie had it all and finishes up with (once again) a frail looking woman saving everyone's asses that could possibly be saved.

And all of us dudes love that shit. Why? Because it has exactly zero pandering at all. It is simply well-acted characters in a fucking fantastic movie acting like actual fucking people act and not talking about bigot sandwiches or whatever the fuck identity politics du jour topic is being forced down our throats.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about the race/gender/sexuality/identity of characters in the media as long as the story that is being told is compelling and the characters fit into the story and the world it creates. Nobody really even cares about black Nick Fury or Heimdall except the comic purists, and their objection isn't racist but borne out of unnecessarily changing existing characters for no good reason.

In summation, fuck your stupid "confront your biases" horseshit. I don't play games or watch movies to confront my biases, I do it to have fun. Being forced to accept an obvious and distracting level of pandering is not fun and I'll continue to shit on it gleefully in your stupid SJW face.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The ultimate response to Chimney Chimney 's nonsense is one movie: Aliens.

That movie was diverse as fuck. Black leader (who shits all over his white boss with the support of every character in the movie), butch Latina badass bitch, white grunts, black grunts, chicks, dudes. The movie had it all and finishes up with (once again) a frail looking woman saving everyone's asses that could possibly be saved.

And all of us dudes love that shit. Why? Because it has exactly zero pandering at all. It is simply well-acted characters in a fucking fantastic movie acting like actual fucking people act and not talking about bigot sandwiches or whatever the fuck identity politics du jour topic is being forced down our throats.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about the race/gender/sexuality/identity of characters in the media as long as the story that is being told is compelling and the characters fit into the story and the world it creates. Nobody really even cares about black Nick Fury or Heimdall except the comic purists, and their objection isn't racist but borne out of unnecessarily changing existing characters for no good reason.

In summation, fuck your stupid "confront your biases" horseshit. I don't play games or watch movies to confront my biases, I do it to have fun. Being forced to accept an obvious and distracting level of pandering is not fun and I'll continue to shit on it gleefully in your stupid SJW face.

ECC090B5-A3C8-47F9-BDAC-C41C9A8630A7.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Chimney Chimney sounds like a kid off his tard meds, but beside that point - the XBOX looks like complete shit. They showed nothing of interest or value and yet again we have another generation where buying an XBOX is a worthless waste of $. If you have a mediocre gaming PC and a PS5, there is literally no reason to buy this piece of shit. XBOX still doesn't get it, and them flailing around yesterday trying to hype everybody up was one of the saddest things I've seen in years. That gameplay for Halo looked like some launch Xbox 360 shit, no joke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chimney Chimney sounds like a kid off his tard meds, but beside that point - the XBOX looks like complete shit. They showed nothing of interest or value and yet again we have another generation where buying an XBOX is a worthless waste of $. If you have a mediocre gaming PC and a PS5, there is literally no reason to buy this piece of shit. XBOX still doesn't get it, and them flailing around yesterday trying to hype everybody up was one of the saddest things I've seen in years. That gameplay for Halo looked like some launch Xbox 360 shit, no joke.
giphy.gif