The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, not really suggesting there is a right or wrong way, my preference is none though. My media center is open and I just find it less convenient to try and position a brick as opposed to using a cable management system for just a power cord.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sorry, not really suggesting there is a right or wrong way, my preference is none though. My media center is open and I just find it less convenient to try and position a brick as opposed to using a cable management system for just a power cord.
Oh wasn't really pointed at you, more of a general point as I've seen it kinda mentioned before.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
There's no power brick on the PS4:https://twitter.com/yosp/statuses/350698731236110336.

How did this become a point of debate/bad thing btw? External power brick is good from a heat standpoint, no? Internal means more heat to deal with in the unit itself (so more fans / methods to dissipate it)?
90-95% of the heat generated is coming from the CPU/GPU components. Using an internal power supply allows for the usage of those fans to pull air out as well as cool the minimal heat coming from the supply. It's typically more efficient. Although having any sort of debate on this is retarded if anyone is trying. As we have seen with how well the power brick of the Xbox 360 stopped overheating and red rings when it was poorly engineered from the get go. Pretty sure every Sony console has had an internal power supply. (I have only owned a 2 and 3)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
30 minutes of world creation in Project Spark. Pretty cool stuff, didn't have time to watch much of it, but even just clicking through it you can see some of the cool stuff you can do with it. Kinda reminds me of all the random stuff we used to do with Mario Paint.

http://www.twitch.tv/project_spark/c/2717633

lol @ Sharknado at 20:10

From 38:00 and onward is really interesting, a side scroller and then they maim it, change it to a FPS, etc.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
30 minutes of world creation in Project Spark. Pretty cool stuff, didn't have time to watch much of it, but even just clicking through it you can see some of the cool stuff you can do with it. Kinda reminds me of all the random stuff we used to do with Mario Paint.

http://www.twitch.tv/project_spark/c/2717633

lol @ Sharknado at 20:10

From 38:00 and onward is really interesting, a side scroller and then they maim it, change it to a FPS, etc.
That's really cool. Hopefully they come out with a PC version.

Or is it?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Win8 only though.
That is just trolling, win8 is horrible. Might as well just leave it console exclusive
frown.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That is just trolling, win8 is horrible. Might as well just leave it console exclusive
frown.png
Actually, looks like he is dead on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/09/wa...project-spark/

Holy fuck too bad. Now I really won't touch it.

Edit: Unless you meant Microsoft is as boneheaded as ever. Then I agree.

They really need some people over there who don't collectively have their heads up their asses.

DarkMatter

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the info was straight from the Art Director that I spoke to at E3. MS tends to do foolish things like this pretty regularly (Shadowrun and couple other projects were Vista only). It likely has to do with the project being both Xbox and PC and needing connectivity. It's really too bad. it was pretty much the coolest thing I saw at the show.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hear you get free batteries with your XBone controller. This could turn it around for Xbone!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Only reason I can see for them to continue to back track slowly like they are is sales must not be hitting internal metrics. If they were selling fuck tons of these things why on earth would they be trying to sweeten the pot over and over and over?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The problem I have with not selling xbone without kinect is if you break one or the other you have to pay for both. If I break my xbone why would i want to pay for a second kinect?