The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I saw on reddit today that more people are getting their PS4 orders on Amazon upgraded to release day units, as Sony is steadily increasing Amazon's release-day stock. That definitely lends some credence to Sony's news that production is going well.

Szlia

I saw on reddit today that more people are getting their PS4 orders on Amazon upgraded to release day units, as Sony is steadily increasing Amazon's release-day stock. That definitely lends some credence to Sony's news that production is going well.
Not well enough for Australians!
tongue.png

Szlia

When all is said and done, I suspect the PS3's lifespan will end up being longer than 10 years. Remember the PS2 lasted 13 years and the PS1 12 years because of the generational overlaps (the Xbox lasted only 7 years because of lack of overlap with the X360). The PS4's competitive pricing at launch could shorten the overlap though.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, I don't think it'll be "longer" than 10 years, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for PS3 titles to continue to come out for another year after the PS4 launch, and then trickle out for another year to 18 months after that.

Still, 10 years seemed absolutely insane in 2006 when 4-5 years was the "norm" for previous generations. I honestly think there was a "gentleman's agreement" between sony and microsoft not to push this next generation out the door quickly.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I mean, my point was just that when Sony was trotting out the 10 year life span stuff, they were doing that to justify a higher price console which was harder to develop for that had a gimmicky control feature no one was interested in (motion control never used it still sucks as much today as when it came out) was up against a competitor with a solid head start. Only about one of those things isn't true in this case, but instead its all on Microsoft's end.

Its funny how Microsoft sorta didn't learn anything from Sony's missteps last gen.

I will say I think Sony had the better game last gen. I haven't touched my xbox in literally years. Still play games on the triple on the regs though.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I will say I think Sony had the better game last gen. I haven't touched my xbox in literally years. Still play games on the triple on the regs though.
Same here. My house was robbed a couple years ago and they stole my PS3 and left my two Xbox 360's(f'ing pricks). I haven't had my Xbox's hooked up since then, I think and have since bought another PS3 and play it several times a week.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone that ordered a PS4 on Amazon that didn't originally get a release day version that has NOT been upgraded to release day?

Everyone I've talked to that missed out on a release day edition has been upgraded, just wondering if anyone (US) still hasn't been promised a release day edition.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same here. My house was robbed a couple years ago and they stole my PS3 and left my two Xbox 360's(f'ing pricks). I haven't had my Xbox's hooked up since then, I think and have since bought another PS3 and play it several times a week.
Damn, weren't you living someplace like NoVa ish until recently? Didn't think break-ins were common at all around there. Hilarious that they left the 360's though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did any of you buy a meal from Taco Bell today? They're doing something if you buy the $5 box meal, where you have a chance to win an early PS4. The box has a code on it that you text into Sony, and they're giving out an early PS4 every 15 minutes until November 10th. It's a pretty awesome idea. Bound to get them a lot of press early on.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Damn, weren't you living someplace like NoVa ish until recently? Didn't think break-ins were common at all around there. Hilarious that they left the 360's though.
Nah, I've lived in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area almost my entire life. I need to move into a gated community! That said, I thought it was funny they left the 360's too.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did any of you buy a meal from Taco Bell today? They're doing something if you buy the $5 box meal, where you have a chance to win an early PS4. The box has a code on it that you text into Sony, and they're giving out an early PS4 every 15 minutes until November 10th. It's a pretty awesome idea. Bound to get them a lot of press early on.
360 did the same thing with Kinect (literally same exact thing) - didn't seem to help too much.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Someone on Reddithas already won one.

nOw9dl2.jpg

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Everyone I've talked to so far has been upgraded to release day. I, however, ordered release day ps4 via Newegg as they don't charge me taxes.

Anyone that ordered a PS4 on Amazon that didn't originally get a release day version that has NOT been upgraded to release day?

Everyone I've talked to that missed out on a release day edition has been upgraded, just wondering if anyone (US) still hasn't been promised a release day edition.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Over 4500 PS4's. That's fairly impressive.