The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 OS isn't trying to reinvent the wheel of course any problems will be minor in comparison.

Sean_sl

shitlord
PS4 OS isn't trying to reinvent the wheel of course any problems will be minor in comparison.
I imagine that the Xbone's 3 OS setup is a virtual nightmare.

And god, can you imagine how many more opportunities there will be for security leaks due to doing that shit?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good thing they're not collecting personal data, right? (Or are they still? Gotta love trust issues...)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The embargo on console footage ends around 5pm bst tomorrow. There should be a lot of footage released then. Expect PS4 to run at 900p and Xbox One to run at 720p.
Is this emargo for Xbone and PS4? and does that include games besides BF4?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Good thing they're not collecting personal data, right? (Or are they still? Gotta love trust issues...)
Pretty sure that they'll have an EULA on startup that signs away your implicit consent to let Kinect record you constantly for advertising data if you choose to plug your Kinect in. Or at least anytime running Microsoft games and apps (and any company that wants to do it).

Sean_sl

shitlord
Musta missed that one, where?
Hrm, think I got CoD and BF4 mixed up. Was CoD that was confirmed by a dev.

However, PSN apparently shows BF4 at 1080p. Could be upscaled from 900p though, guess we'll find out soon.

There is this though:

omgdjp1b.png

Cor_sl

shitlord
Is this emargo for Xbone and PS4? and does that include games besides BF4?
Just BF4. There was a big press event last week and tons of folks got the chance to play the game on both consoles. Should be Xbox One SP footage and PS4 MP footage released tomorrow.

Coren_sl

shitlord
Hehe okay. Thought for a minute I was slipping to miss news like that.
smile.png
But yeah, AFAIK it's pretty well confirmed CoD is 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on the XBone. (And so far it seems likely that BF4 is 900p vs 720p though that might change.)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I sure hope they dont release a console that has game crashes. Thats shit i expect from my PC every so often like once a week but not somethign id like to be happening in a console for sure.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I still prefer MS first part output, but I've got a PS4 preordered and wont be picking up an Xbone anywhere near launch. Sounds like they have some issues to work out.

At least we can play Titanfall on the PC.

Sean_sl

shitlord
On a happier note from JRPG fans incase you didn't read one of the leak links:famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch - Page 41 - NeoGAF

Verendus about upcoming PS things/Projects

Originally Posted by Verendus

Aw, here is some.

Nothing major though.

1. Dragon Quest will return to Playstation. This doesn't mean it's exclusive. Discussions at the moment.

2. Capcom has the next Street Fighter already in the works (don't know exact stage so kind of pointless really), even though Ono said a few months ago about the resources not being allocated or whatever. They're doing something though so not sure how that fits in what he said.

3. Someone should go prod the Tales head about PS4 Tales. They have one in concept. So, I expect next Tales after the next PS3 Tales? Safe bet. I don't think this that big news though. Although good if you're hoping for JRPGs to arrive a little earlier this time.
Mother fucking YAY for Dragon Quest finally getting the FUCK away from Nintendo again. We haven't had a real DQ game since DQ8 on the PS2.

Sean_sl

shitlord
New Xbox Live terms ask users to commit to security, agree to share data with partners | Polygon

A new terms of use agreement for Xbox Live will roll out later this week, Microsoft announced today, one that requires its users to agree to commit to keeping their account secure and, more importantly,allow the company to share certain personal data with its partners.

Microsoft's new terms also cover what information the company can share with partners who publish apps, like HBO Go, Netflix, ESPN, Last.fm and others that require a separate user account.
We require certain permissions in order for you to evaluate or use and for us to enable the features and functions of the Xbox LIVE/Games for Windows-LIVE service. These features and functions include leaderboards, live-hosted gameplay, achievements, tournaments, and gamer profile sharing. If you evaluate or use or we enable these features and functions, you grant Microsoft and its affiliates, resellers, distributors, service providers, partners, and suppliers (each, a "Microsoft party") the following permissions:Microsoft parties may use, track, store, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, publicly display and perform, and reproduce: (i) your game scores; (ii) your game play sessions; (iii) your presence on the Xbox LIVE/Games for Windows-LIVE service; (iv) the time that you spend on or within particular portions of the Xbox LIVE/Games for Windows-LIVE service; (v) portions of the Xbox LIVE/Games for Window-LIVE service that are displayed on your monitor or screen and the duration of that display; (vi) rankings, statistics, gamer profiles, avatars, and content that you may submit; and (vii) other usage information.These permissions apply with or without attribution to you, your gamertag or avatar. We may use these permissions without notice or compensation to you of any kind. To avoid any confusion, we have the right to make information pertaining to your use of, and gameplay on, Xbox LIVE available through Games for Windows-LIVE, and vice versa. If you choose to link your Services account with the account of a Microsoft party on the Xbox LIVE service (for example, a game publisher or app provider), you agree that Microsoft may share limited account information with that Microsoft party. Such account information may include name, address, email and age but will not include any credit card or other payment information.
I wasn't kidding about making you accept a new TOS and singing away all advertising data info gleaned from Kinect monitoring. It's coming at some point.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Fuck Microsoft. I absolutely hate that Windows is so ubiquitous and if I want to game on my PC I pretty much have to use it. Can't wait for SteamBox release.