The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Column_sl

shitlord
That $100 more will surely fuck Microsoft more than exclusives
that is by far the dumbest thing MS did out of everything.

They obviously restructured after they fired most of the idiots working for them. They should have just dropped the kinect immediately.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It's possible I had the channels reversed...I just remember a definite difference between the various HD feeds. Some games looked great, another networks looked like ass in comparison. They most definitely did not all look the same.
There was absolutely a difference in HD quality between channels at the beginning. What ever it was attributed to is up for debate; actual broadcast resolution, content, compression, etc... Back then it was stuff like Golf Channel and Discovery HD used to show off stuff because the network HD looked like ass. NBC I think I remember looking pretty good, but most of the College stuff was ESPN, CBS and even then you could tell huge differences. Now it has gotten better and most of the crappy quality I blame squarely on Comcast.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
6 mill on gears of wars 3 ,and 9 million on halo 4

those franchises arent going aywhere.
They aren't going anywhere at 720p30. People are going to see the screenshots and videos of "Next Gen Xbox" and not even buy the thing. It would be like someone going out to buy a Black and White 13" TV with bunny ears.

Did you watch that Dead Rising 3 video? I mean Good God. That's next gen for M$?

Sean_sl

shitlord
LOL, getting call of duty DLCs faster will sell the xbone to xbros, dude. I get you about how vastly superior the PS4 is to the xbone, but in reality, the average joe schmoe does not give a shit. All his buddies are getting the xbone so why would he gt the PS4 to play by himself? Youre losing grip on reality here, dude.

There is one major cavat to this and thats the price. That $100 more will surely fuck Microsoft more than exclusives, 1080p vs 720p or any of that other bullshit youre spewing out here about voxels and pixels and whatever the fuck.
Please, it will get out into the world that the PS4 is the superior console for visuals and people will pick up on it. Sony will market the fuck out of it. It will absolutely be a factor. You are the one with no grip on reality if you think otherwise. Microsoft isn't going to be able to damage control this shit once embargos are off and the media will comment on it.

And all joe schmoe's buddies? They aren't getting an Xbone. That has been made plain as day by pre-order numbers. The PS4 is going to start with a massively higher install base and that is going to snowball. Microsoft being unable to meet Sony's numbers in manufacturing is going to ensure that happens too.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
High bitrate Ryse footage here --

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/Images/..._ST_50Mbps.mp4(890mb~)

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/Images/..._%2050Mbps.mp4(600mb~)

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/Images/...ST_50Mbps3.mp4(820mb~)

Some of the animations look janky but, on the whole, the game looks amazing. Crytek are technical wizards. Shame the gameplay looks so fucking dull.
Hey as long as it allows fast response times with timing my Quick Time buttons. That still pisses me off to this day with Dragon's Lair on my PS3. Nothing like the original in 1982. Much more responsive.

I cannot wait to see a Next Gen Rebel Assault with 720p FMV on Xbone.

Column_sl

shitlord
People pick up consoles for games.

PS4 cant play there favorite games, they will go to the xbox.

And Xbox still has impressive IPs

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Xbox one will do well but the early manufacturing lead by Sony has a chance to turn the ps4 into a dominating success like the ps2 which is compounded by the slight but in some circles very significant technical edge, easier development, and cheaper price.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Hey as long as it allows fast response times with timing my Quick Time buttons. That still pisses me off to this day with Dragon's Lair on my PS3. Nothing like the original in 1982. Much more responsive.

I cannot wait to see aNext Gen Rebel Assault with 720p FMVon Xbone.
I'd definitely buy an Xbox One for that!

(Ok, maybe not..)

Seriously, though. If future Xbox One games look as good as Ryse, I don't think anyone, outside of the people who frequent gaming forums, anyway, will care that Xbox One games don't look quite as good as PS4 games. Ryse is a gorgeous looking game. It might actually be, dare I say it, the most impressive looking launch title. Crytek have pulled off something special there.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So sense the PS4/Xbone are both x86 based consoles, how long till emulation will be a possibility you all think ?

maybe a year out ? *shrug* just a thought....

Sean_sl

shitlord
People pick up consoles for games.

PS4 cant play there favorite games, they will go to the xbox.

And Xbox still has impressive IPs
Well, pretty sure that pre-order numbers tell a different story about the impressiveness of Microsoft's IPs. I guess we'll see, but I don't think they're enough to make it anymore than a moderate success in the US and a failure globally.

On the other hand, there's Sentry Cat.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'd definitely buy an Xbox One for that!

(Ok, maybe not..)

Seriously, though. If future Xbox One games look as good as Ryse, I don't think anyone, outside of the people who frequent gaming forums, anyway, will care that Xbox One games don't look quite as good as PS4 games. Ryse is a gorgeous looking game. It might actually be, dare I say it, the most impressive looking launch title. Crytek have pulled off something special there.
The prettiest graphics in the world don't mean shit if the gameplay is awful and well:Ryse: Son Of Rome Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers.

Killzone SF is also way prettier.

Column_sl

shitlord
And are all those big games out yet? no.
You think if Halo and Gears were launch day that Xbox ones wouldn't be flying off the shelves?

Games sell consoles not this nerd war you are waging.

This launch has been pathetic so people are just buying the most popular platform atm

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit column make your point and get out. Reminding people that gamers play games isn't necessary.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The best news about this generation is probably that both consoles are similar enough that all of the big titles will probably be on both. Even if the install base on the ps4 is significantly larger then the Xbox.

Column_sl

shitlord
Holy shit column make your point and get out. Reminding people that gamers play games isn't necessary.
I'm not doing anything against the board rules. If you have a problem with it just kick me off rerolled, but I'm kind of sick of hearing you nag at me all the time now.

Sean_sl

shitlord
And are all those big games out yet? no.
You think if Halo and Gears were launch day that Xbox ones wouldn't be flying off the shelves?

Games sell consoles not this nerd war you are waging.

This launch has been pathetic so people are just buying the most popular platform atm
They (games) do sell consoles, you are right, which is why Sony's PS3 caught up with the X360 in hardware despite their absolutely disasterous start. Sony's exclusive library blows away Microsoft's and Microsoft was successful in the last generation due to third party, cross-platform preference,notbecause of Halo. The situation is going to be reversed here on cross-platform preference (due to a large variety of reasons) and Microsoft is going to have to pour a ton of resources into a lot more exclusives than Halo if they want any chance of being more than a foot note this next generation, especially for the Global Market.

Cor_sl

shitlord
So sense the PS4/Xbone are both x86 based consoles, how long till emulation will be a possibility you all think ?

maybe a year out ? *shrug* just a thought....
A decade, at the earliest.

Also, pre-order numbers mean jack shit. The Wii U had fantastic pre-order numbers, with the console shifting around 3 million units worldwide~ in its first month and a half, and we all know how that turned out.

homeltd_5jgrn2.png

Q1 and Q2 2014 will be the real tests for the Xbox One and the PS4.

Also, last gen (or is it still current gen?), the Xbox 360 game bounding at of the gates while the PS3 floundered, but the PS3 eventually caught up. In sales, anyway. I don't think either company came out looking like winners from a profit perspective.

Hachiman_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have any insights on pre launch demand? I'm thinking the ps4 will be the must have gift this Christmas. My plan is to buy as many as I can and then flip them on eBay/craigslist. Thanks!