The Boys

spronk

FPS noob
when stormfront started showing that picture of her daughter i thought the big reveal was gonna be that homelander was her kid

i guess it might still happen but it seems super unlikely she'd just abandon one kid

the "wokeness" of the season is them showing Stormfront as a pretty normal person in public, no crazy nazi speeches or stuff, but in private super racist. I hope they dial it up though, she's kinda boring so far.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The nazi angle is not SJW or confusing. You're just conflating that with idiots in the real world calling everyone they don't agree with a "literal nazi". They're the ones confused about nazis. This show is taking a perfectly reasonable approach in drawing nazi parallels. What is going on with the supes in The Boys is actually very close to what nazi scientists were attempting to do and would have done had they been able to create something like compound V.

And that, in my opinion, is kind of the point. It's a "Hey, dumbass... the guy who puts on a suit and tie and enjoys the fruits of his labor working his corporate gig at Pfizer isn't a fucking nazi. You just don't like him because he's affluent and you're lazy and stupid. THIS is what a nazi would look like."
The nazi/Stormfront shit is 100% an attempt to draw a comparison with Trump's election and his supporters. You would have to be legit retarded not to see that.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I mean, I think we can all agree that Stormfront is right up there, neck and neck, with Homelander's power. That's at least what I was thinking when she said, "laser my tits". But, then, why wasn't she in the seven before this? If she was this powerful back when she was Liberty Belle (Bell? idk), why wasn't she front and center? Why was she considered a lower class super-hero?

I'm thinking two possible reasons.

1. She continued taking V her entire life, and she continued to grow in power. Only recently has she "come into her own", being neck and neck with Homelander. Possibly, her genetics were compatible with V, or she was taking the V in such doses as to not get high. This is in direct correlation to A-Train. A-Train took whatever doses to keep him the fastest, but also at a cost.
2. Vought kept her out of commission for that long because she had a family. She had weaknesses. Once they were all dead, it was her time to shine. I think that she represents an existentialist view on life.

Or, I'm thinking of a third... Both. She's taking V in a lab, supervised by doctors. Waiting for her family to die.

EDIT : I just hope that Cindi doesn't rip her head off next episode. I think that Cindi is gonna be an even bigger badass than anybody realizes. I think that Cindi is gonna be the "motha fucker that we got locked up in the basement, down in Alabama", to use Richard Pryor's words. Savage beyond words.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if you read the last few pages, you'd think that the general idea around here is that only fags dislike nazis lol

you can be against nazis in 2020 and not be a douche

seriously

lolol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The nazi/Stormfront shit is 100% an attempt to draw a comparison with Trump's election and his supporters. You would have to be legit retarded not to see that.

this is so obvious

not only is she a sup supremacist (makes total sense), but she's a racist white supremacist (ok ya sure)

fine, that's fine, no problem, but wait

SHE'S A LITERAL NAZI AS WELL!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
this is so obvious

not only is she a sup supremacist (makes total sense), but she's a racist white supremacist (ok ya sure)

Not to mention she got popular due to her MEME ARMY spreading fake news on social media.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
this is so obvious

Yes, she was around when Hitler was. She's apparently immortal or just ages very, very slowly and was part of the actual regime. This isn't some new wave Nazi political allegory. She was actually a fucking Nazi. This isn't hard to understand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yes, she was around when Hitler was. She's apparently immortal or just ages very, very slowly and was part of the actual regime. This isn't some new wave Nazi political allegory. She was actually a fucking Nazi. This isn't hard to understand.
Yes a literal Nazi who uses social media to stoke fear and anger in people and uses it to obtain power. Has her own “meme army” that she pays in Arby’s coupons. Or in other words, exactly how leftists try to rationalize the 2016 election.

If you watched the social media conversation between Stormfeont and Homelander and didn’t immediately realize it was a heavy-handed attempt by the writers to draw a parallel to Trump’s election, then you have the IQ of a fucking mole rat.

• 2Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Yes a literal Nazi who uses social media to stoke fear and anger in people and uses it to obtain power. Has her own “meme army” that she pays in Arby’s coupons. Or in other words, exactly how leftists try to rationalize the 2016 election.

If you watched the social media conversation between Stormfeont and Homelander and didn’t immediately realize it was a heavy-handed attempt by the writers to draw a parallel to Trump’s election, then you have the IQ of a fucking mole rat.

Or you're just a pathetic little sad boy who needs to look for things that aren't there to complain about. Because you have a weak constitution.

The Boys was written in 2006, and Stormfront is a Nazi in the comics.

• 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Or you're just a pathetic little sad boy who needs to look for things that aren't there to complain about. Because you have a weak constitution.

The Boys was written in 2006, and Stormfront is a Nazi in the comics.

The Boys showrunner Eric Kripke described Stormfront by saying, “A lot of hate and negative thought these days, if you look online, is packaged in really slick, social media-attractive ways … It’s not like the old dudes with crew cuts in the 1960s newsreels anymore.” Kripke added that Stormfront, like modern Nazis, is looking to recruit “young people, who are trying to hook in a new generation and we sort of wanted to reflect how insidious that is.”

There you go shithead, straight from the horse’s mouth. Any other mind-bogglingly obvious shit that you need explained to you today or are we done here?

Khane

Oh good, an opinion piece from TheMarySue. You sure showed me. This comic book character from 10 years before Trump was elected was apparently "way ahead of its time".

• 2Like

Khane

He didn't say anything about Trump, you're trying to saddle up on the opinion portion of that article from a really great publication.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
He didn't say anything about Trump, you're trying to saddle up on the opinion portion of that article from a really great publication.
So you need the creator of the show to straight up say, "yes, this is an allegory for Trump's election" in order for you to see it for what it is? You're too fucking dumb to see what's plainly obvious?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard

Khane

You're right Keg, cancel The Boys. And every show that has Nazi symbolism. Cancel American History X because it's actually just Orange Man Bad propaganda.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You're right Keg, cancel The Boys. And every show that has Nazi symbolism. Cancel American History X because it's actually just Orange Man Bad propaganda.
Who the fuck said anything about canceling? They can produce whatever the fuck they want, but it's important to be cognizant of when you're being fed propaganda. And clearly you fail at that.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard