The Boys

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Imagine spending screen time preparing for battle and the actual scene is some female empowerment boring garbage. Oh wait, we don't need to imagine.

Season 3 is going to be absolute trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Felt like they completely flipped the writing this season compared to last. S1 was heavily plot based and moved at an almost breakneck pace, with only a few characters really getting much development. This season they went full bore on a lot of characters, and then just kinda threw together some barebones plot points. I do appreciate that they spent a good part of the season fleshing out more of the characters and dealing with some of the fallout from S1, but the Vought/Stormfront storyline just felt disjointed and overall poorly executed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Felt like they completely flipped the writing this season compared to last. S1 was heavily plot based and moved at an almost breakneck pace, with only a few characters really getting much development. This season they went full bore on a lot of characters, and then just kinda threw together some barebones plot points. I do appreciate that they spent a good part of the season fleshing out more of the characters and dealing with some of the fallout from S1, but the Vought/Stormfront storyline just felt disjointed and overall poorly executed.
"felt disjointed and overall poorly executed."
I see what you did there!

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Stormfront was the only female character not boring in season 2. I take that back, the female was good also.

Starlight and Maev were borring as hell this season. Show needed more of the boys not being so exposed so fast, that's why season 1 was so good with them trying to figure out how to fight supes the first couple episodes with translucent is season 1 were great

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
lol

Victoria's agenda is about as clear as mud. The only thing that makes sense is that she's Vought's, inside man.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At least the head popper was a unseen twist.

Ryan being the CIA ace in the hole going forward also interesting.

Other than that was pretty bad. At least they included the Homelander jerking off scene they pulled from last season.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Alright, lets hear it from the people who watched it all at once, was this season a secret masterpiece that us weekly nerds missed out on?

Caliane

lol. #nazis are bad, #girls get it done,#whitefragility, #whitemalerage.
ffs.

Spronk and I were right about the Senator it seems.

yeah, the entire cabin scene was fucking retarded. my fav for stupidity was Stormfront confronting Billy and Becca. Why the fuck would she not just instagib Billy? Intentionally not killing him with her powers would have been more difficult then killing him outright..
That whole scene is a masterclass in shitty writing. Having a conclusion, and making your characters act like retards to force them into the scenario you want.

Maeve out of nowhere. Homelander not ripping her head off. That right there. Maeve confronts Homelander, and he pussys out. what the fuck?

and yeah, the writers made fun of Ennis, and comics. yet as poor of a writer as Ennis can be... they are complete fucking hacks that are a thousand times worse.

I won't bother with another season.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah unless the reviews are glowing from the nerds in this thread(they wont be), next season is a hard pass for me.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
furry is a grade a high volume retard. yet cant even hit the sun on a dogs ass ratio somehow.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The director did get the details right on the plot they chose to go with. Pay attention to how many times they cut to the senator looking at the target before the head pops

• 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah turns out your theory was complete bullshit, just like everything else that comes out of your mouth. What are the odds?
Already to the anger part of the grieving process? No need to get so sensitive over a little bad TV.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
The ending was entirely a multi-milliondollar fuck you to AOC for denying Amazon their planned Queens headquarters. It's even the same congressional district.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users