The Boys

Cybsled

I think the only thing restraining Homelander there was Ryan. Homelander really did seem to care about what Ryan thought about him and the Planet Vought scene showed that he had some empathy for what Ryan was going through. Him killing Butcher and Maeve right in front of him would have irreparably damaged that. Plus I do think he was in a bit of shock still over Stormfront and what happened.

Stormfront’s eyes being weak is a comic thing. In the comic they are constantly freaked out about their eyes getting damaged. I saw that as a nod to the comic.

Also, they have no males dupes on their side yet and unless they inject the Boys with V, they are going to need those moments to explain why they live.

The episode end felt weird, but I predict that is due to needing to reset the board for a time jump (or maybe they didn’t think they would be renewed and needed a pseudo finale). I won’t be surprised if next season involves a multi month or year time jump.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Take a pencil with an eraser. Stab it eraser end first onto your arm.

Now do that with your eye.

I'll wait for you all to report back with your findings.

Season was alright. I enjoyed Maeve as an actual human character more than anyone else on the show. Frenchie and Deep were good too. Will definitely watch Season 3. If they don't have some subplot to Fresca I'll be majorly bummed then.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I liked this episode, and the season as a whole. I agree it had some pacing issues, some episodes felt rushed and others took their time a bit too much, but that's probably an issue of filming for a season dump and then having it weekly in the end. Impatient to see season 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Take a pencil with an eraser. Stab it eraser end first onto your arm.

Now do that with your eye.

I'll wait for you all to report back with your findings.

Season was alright. I enjoyed Maeve as an actual human character more than anyone else on the show. Frenchie and Deep were good too. Will definitely watch Season 3. If they don't have some subplot to Fresca I'll be majorly bummed then.
Take a pencil and jam it up your ass faggot.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Some legit criticisms, but people are going overboard acting like this was GoT season 8

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Some legit criticisms, but people are going overboard acting like this was GoT season 8
It was worse. At least thrones had the budget for some nice visuals. This was just garbage writing on top of faggy social messaging on top of low-budget and low-effort.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Picard

Cybsled

I think the bigger thing is this is a major divergence from the comics. Billy was humanized a bit, so I find it hard to see him doing what he does later in the comics. Even Homelander to a degree was slightly humanized.

Oldbased

> Than U
I agree. There was tons of fuckups and SJWing but it wasn't that bad. I would even say it is what is expected these days which is basically hollywood trash.
In a few years China will be cast out and Hollywood Jews, which are only Jewish in the sense they have a genetic giant nose will see that they are losing tons of cash and it'll swing back and another Mel Gibson will rise from the ashes and give us the nationalist shows we crave and love. We'll get Fry Hard 1-15, Ammunition Man with only Taco Bell surviving and a bunch of white people shows.

Speaking of which I watched the 2nd trash episode of the new Walking Dead series today. It had a scene of a flashback of one of the main cast where the father is asking his son( main cast member ) if he was a Faggot. His own words. Over and over and over again.In your face viewers. Show is already dead on arrival. Boom!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck it. I hate woke crap more than anyone. But this is the best TV out atm and loved the last episode.

Sometimes you just have to let it go and enjoy the ride. And this has been a fucking great ride. Hope they can keep it up, going to be hard though.

Really glad this show gets great ratings, it deserves it. But after seeing what shows it stacks up against, I am amazed at how many people watch that shit on Netflix. Nothing but endless reams of mediocre crap on Netflix. People are retarded for even watching most of that useless trash. At least Amazon has some eclectic offerings. It's all the same bs on Netflix/Hulu/CBS/etc.

Last edited:
  • 2Garbage
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season 1 was just way better in every way.

Only because it didn't trigger the woke sensitive spots for people here. I get it.

Surprised I am agreeing with Khane but he's right. You all are too sensitive. Stop being cunts.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'll stop caring about heavy-handed shitty woke writing when I'm intentionally watching something for that purpose and not in fact watching something for entertainment. Woke messaging is not entertainment, it's lecturing.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Both this and Westworld had amazing S1 and then fell off on S2. Westwood just fell off a cliff while this was "OK". The Deep story eats up God knows how much time just to give A-train a vehicle to get the folder. Which btw, how did he know to look for?

I dont overly mind the 3 chick gangbang on SF, mainly because the boys there are all normal. They weren't doing shit but dying. What I did mind was the quality of the fight was shit. Not Bronn vs the sand snakes bad, but pretty close. I can almost buy it if they go with the idea that none of the Seven really know how to fight because they dont need to. They just fuck up normies with powers. Black Noir being the exception. For those complaining about Maeve and the magic helicopter, she is Wonder Woman for Christ's sake. Of course she has a magic invisible plane.

Congresswoman head popper was good. I didn't see it coming.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll stop caring about heavy-handed shitty woke writing when I'm intentionally watching something for that purpose and not in fact watching something for entertainment. Woke messaging is not entertainment, it's lecturing.

One of the most heavy handed woke tv shows of all time is the original Star Trek. One of it's most woke episodes is where one alien is half black on the right side and half white on the left side, while his mortal enemy is the exact opposite. But the original Star Trek and that episode are fucking awesome.

Good writing transcends woke narratives sometimes and is enjoyable in spite of it. The Boys is great in spite of the woke tags in the second season. And it will be great 50 years from now when people don't remember Trump, Biden, BLM or anything else that is topical right now.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of the most heavy handed woke tv shows of all time is the original Star Trek. One of it's most woke episodes is where one alien is half black on the right side and half white on the left side, while his mortal enemy is the exact opposite. But the original Star Trek and that episode are fucking awesome.

Good writing transcends woke narratives sometimes and is enjoyable in spite of it. The Boys is great in spite of the woke bs in the second season. And it will be great 50 years from now when people don't remember Trump, Biden, BLM or anything else that is topical right now.
Star Trek had the 1st interracial kiss on TV.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, Just watched it. I will say I was a little let down as some of the story and the general "power levels" weren't even sensible.. (i.e. Maeve in from behind out in the middle of nowhere, when there's no reason she would know about it??? And if Stormfront throws lightning and Starlight converts lightning into power then why wasn't she just kicking her ass 6 ways from Sunday?)

Also the SJW messaging was way too "on the nose".

But I agree the head popper reveal was unexpected and a nice touch. A-Train's angle in it worked for me.

So yeah, a LOT of plot hole issues.

On the other hand, it now level sets us to get the Boys more in the form they are in the comics (i.e. partially government backed, "keeping tabs" on supes, etc...) I was kinda hoping we'd still have "the female" be more of a feral asian wolverine.. but we can't all get everything we want.

I'd put it in the middle of the road, like much of this season. I hope it's a "sophomore slump" and Season 3 picks up. Still waiting for Hughie to get that pet hamster.

• 2Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Since Maeve can't fly did she take a fucking uber to the field for the fight lol. Her showing up out of no where was some of the worst writing I have seen in TV.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Good writing transcends woke narratives sometimes and is enjoyable in spite of it. The Boys is great in spite of the woke tags in the second season. And it will be great 50 years from now when people don't remember Trump, Biden, BLM or anything else that is topical right now.
The original Star Trek had talented writers that understood how to convey a message with nuance and subtlety. This is not that.

• 3Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Star Trek had the 1st interracial kiss on TV.
it's been said a ton, but there is a HUGE difference between being progressive (not politically progressive) and being woke. star trek was progressive. star trek challenged stereotypes in creative and uplifting ways. in star trek you can have the hatfields and mccoys find common ground and make peace. but if you're being woke, then the hatfields find peace by starting a smear campaign against the mccoys so the public turns against them and honors the hatfields for being brave after surviving a 100 year war that they incited

• 1Like