The Boys

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Is it just me or has this season been too “slow” for it to be on final episode? Just doesn’t seem like there’s been as much plot development.
the scene where stormfront and homelander have a pseudo Trump rally and call out “sjw’s” was beyond fucking cringe and felt out of place. Like who the fuck wrote that cringe?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The middle part of this season was garbage and had a lot of stuff in it that just didn't need to be there. Deep storyline in particular is just 100% snooze, and pretty much everything on the film set was just stupid. At least the last two episodes picked up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The writers attempting to make some political point is turning the story into a boring dumpster fire. As expected.

• 4Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The writers attempting to make some political point is turning the story into a boring dumpster fire. As expected.

Well to be fair the political stuff doesn't even seem to be woven into the story really, which is the saving grace that allows me to overlook it somewhat. It's more like they had a normal season filmed, and someone decided last month "hey, can we film a few stupid woke political scenes and cram them in somewhere?". Both the neckbeard shooter and the Trump rally scenes literally could have not existed in that episode and not an iota of plot would have been lost.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Well to be fair the political stuff doesn't even seem to be woven into the story really, which is the saving grace that allows me to overlook it somewhat. It's more like they had a normal season filmed, and someone decided last month "hey, can we film a few stupid woke political scenes and cram them in somewhere?". Both the neckbeard shooter and the Trump rally scenes literally could have not existed in that episode and not an iota of plot would have been lost.
I dont think they are cramming political points into an unrelated story. I think they are attempting to construct the story around the political points. And this is why the show feels worse this season.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I dont think they are cramming political points into an unrelated story. I think they are attempting to construct the story around the political points. And this is why the show feels worse this season.

Well the pseudo Trump rally could certainly be winding up for a season 3 supe-MAGA storyline, but I'm saying to date it really hasn't been woven into the story as a whole-- it's so far a stormfront/homelander side show in isolated scenes.

I mean I pray they don't go that route, but it looks that way. So fucking tiresome.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it just me or has this season been too “slow” for it to be on final episode? Just doesn’t seem like there’s been as much plot development.
the scene where stormfront and homelander have a pseudo Trump rally and call out “sjw’s” was beyond fucking cringe and felt out of place. Like who the fuck wrote that cringe?

This seems to be a symptom of the increasing number of divergent storylines. The writers seem decent, but they aren't capable of spinning that many plates and its painfully obvious.

Well the pseudo Trump rally could certainly be winding up for a season 3 supe-MAGA storyline, but I'm saying to date it really hasn't been woven into the story as a whole-- it's so far a stormfront/homelander side show in isolated scenes.

I mean I pray they don't go that route, but it looks that way. So fucking tiresome.

Yeah, its mainly felt like a tacked on side story, which has been really the issue with this season. You have a clear, central thread that's compelling and then the side stories are boring as shit and meandering. I have a feeling the Homelander-MAGA storyline was tacked on very last minute. Because its extremely subtle in the first few episodes and still somewhat integrated well, but its gotten progressively worse and more obtuse as the episodes go on and it just reeks of them wanting to push the show into a new story thread's orbit (And its not a good one).

Hopefully they wake up before S3, and stick to satirizing corporate America and the military industrial complex; because that's clearly their bread and butter.

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I made the mistake of watching "Inside The Boys" episodes. Apart from being contrived, fake and unfunny it becomes very obvious how much the creators are trying inject specific political points into the show.
Here's something from 5 mins into the first episode.

Kripke - Generally the more vulnerable you are in this show the stronger you are, and the stronger you pretend to be *cough* TRUMP *cough* the weaker you are.

And this choice quote from the most recent one

Huey - My thoughts and prayers go out to lamplighter. Sorry they took away your statue man, but much like what's happening in this country right now we don't really need statues of big ol' pieces of shit

Tip of the iceberg, but you get the point. Pick a leftist talking point, any point you like and it gets brought up in at least one of the episodes. BLM, #metoo, diversity. representation etc etc.

One thing to say people are making a mountain out of a mole hill and it's just their interpretation, but hearing the people responsible talk about the show and go out of their way to bring up these points?
Naive or ignorant to the think the show is unaffected.

I can't really recommend watching it, but it's there if you're willing to look.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The political stuff they're injecting is so over the top and ham fisted it almost feels like im watching commercials in robocop. It's to the point that I actually laughed at the fat turbocuck who shot the durka. I'm not sure what to make of it, but at least things like that haven't been boring, like a lot of the other stuff happening.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So basically at the this point the writers have no idea what the power levels are. Starlight being used to break through concrete columns and steel tables and then show no signs of damage five minutes later is insane. It also means Black Noir's strength is also insane.

I think they just write each scene and choose whatever power level they feel fits the scene. They aren't concerned with power consistency.

Xevy

Log Wizard
All the political context seemed fine and very accurate to what I read on the boards every day.

Amod can I have a blue hat, please?

• 3Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Fantastic episode, laughed so hard.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK... My theory at this point is that Edgar will end up being the head popper. Either he has to have visual on the target (and the CIA woman could have been seen on industrial CCTV camera which we know Vought is tapped into from seeing them hunt down Butcher) or he has some Cerebro type Professor X mind scanning shit going on. The former would explain why in the limited scope of the TV broadcast of the hearings he couldn't as easily target who he wanted.

Killing A-train's replacement was just a convenience, so he wouldn't have to give him a severance package to let A-Train back in and please the "scientologists".

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
OK... My theory at this point is that Edgar will end up being the head popper. Either he has to have visual on the target (and the CIA woman could have been seen on industrial CCTV camera which we know Vought is tapped into from seeing them hunt down Butcher) or he has some Cerebro type Professor X mind scanning shit going on. The former would explain why in the limited scope of the TV broadcast of the hearings he couldn't as easily target who he wanted.

Killing A-train's replacement was just a convenience, so he wouldn't have to give him a severance package to let A-Train back in and please the "scientologists".
Why weren't the rest of them head popped when CIA woman was?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why weren't the rest of them head popped when CIA woman was?
Maybe he wants to keep The Boys around as "Controlled Opposition" to bring into play if/when he needs them to be "the enemies". Alternatively the angle his camera had on her didn't clearly show The Boys well enough to target.

This would also explain why he didn't give a single Fuck when dressing down Homelander to his face.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

Here are the rankings for this past week according to Nielsen, where they measure by minutes watched:

1. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 2.17 billion minutes viewed
2. Lucifer (Netflix), 1.42 billion
3. The Boys (Amazon), 891 million
4. The Office (Netflix), 843 million
5. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 675 million
6. Shameless (Netflix), 639 million
7. Away (Netflix), 631 million
8 . Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 616 million
9 . The Legend of Korra (Netflix), 541 million
10. Mulan (Disney+), 525 million

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
That makes sense. I've watched the entire thing over twice, this past week. Just because I didn't wanna miss shit. Fuckin' Amazon dropping this shit in weekly installments. Bleh.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF