The Boys

Caliane

Actually I think this would be the funniest way to go. Have someone confront them at the end about it, "what the fuck was up with the Fresca"? "Nothing, its just delicious"

About Black Noir. I havent gone back and looked, but when Maeve pulled up his mask for the silly candy bar scene, was his skin like all fucked up and burnt or blackened or something? Seems they are going a very different direction with him in the show vs comic if so?
yes. its a black actor, and we could see his nose clearly. He was also scarred from ep1 burning. so, yeah, not going with comic version for sure.
Maeve manhandled him, he was burned, and didnt heal it. so his powerlevel is lower. hes Black. Almond allergy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

yes. its a black actor, and we could see his nose clearly. He was also scarred from ep1 burning. so, yeah, not going with comic version for sure.
Maeve manhandled him, he was burned, and didnt heal it. so his powerlevel is lower. hes Black. Almond allergy.

It is interesting he hasn't healed that burn tissue yet. Then again, we haven't seen many heroes take massive damage and heal through it beyond Stormfront insta healing the "laser my tits" scene, or Kimiko healing her sword stab wound.

But ya, it is clear they are taking a different angle on Black Noir over the comics. I think the theory that he is Edgar's son makes the most sense.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Isn't the head popper the church leader? He met with Edgar and promised A-Train his slot back. During head popping scene they show A-Train's replacement going "pop".

Edit - the writers are good, I don't take them putting some major random twists in like say Butcher doing it or some stupid shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Them going a different direction than the comics with Black Noir is a good thing. Him being there as a check on Homelander doesn't make sense since then they'd just need another one to be a check on Black Noir in an endless cycle

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I figured he could heal like the rest, but he's kind of Reckless so some of that damage is much more severe. He also ate a several pipe bombs in Butcher's Aunt's house. I was wondering if they'd go the comic route, but watching him sobbing during the Vought Compound V outing made me think he's more human than previously thought.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I doubt if Black Noir's out of commission. I think that the allergy pen he has was just to reduce his symptoms. Hell, this could be what propels him to become just as strong as Homelander. What if Vought caught it in time, and the only way through was to pump more compound V into him?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm just wondering what that epi pen was made out of. Adamantium? How does a guy who can withstand shrapnel filled explosions and is bulletproof inject himself with a standard needle?

"He's nearly invincible"
"Nearly? What's the problem?"
"Let's just say, choosy moms could kill him.... by choosing jif"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dashkett

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna pop in and throw out my guess about Black Noir: Instead of his crispy looking skin condition being from that Durka Durka that blew up on him, I theorize that he has always looked like that and the explosion just ripped away part of his suit to show the pre existing over-microwaved hot dog look.

His condition being why he has always been covered head to toe and never talks. The fight with bomb guy is a red herring for the damage and it is meant to be a surprise twist. Full conjecture, so probably not needing spoilers.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I figured he could heal like the rest, but he's kind of Reckless so some of that damage is much more severe. He also ate a several pipe bombs in Butcher's Aunt's house. I was wondering if they'd go the comic route, but watching him sobbing during the Vought Compound V outing made me think he's more human than previously thought.

I think his breakdown when the Compound V reveal happened was him trying to deal with his dad being both the person who decided to have him injected, and also being the head of the company, i.e. Mr Edgar. But hsi brainwashing is complete enough his comfort space is to stay obedient and instead focus that hatred on the "evil" that outted Comp-V, i.e. Starlight.

As for people complaining that the series sucked because they didn't binge drop it.... You all realize it did keep us actively talking about this for how long now? I'd say their strategy is working.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm gonna guess he talks like Mike Tyson. And, probably inside his mouth or up his ass, like Translucent. Of course, that would get kind'a tricky as you're laying on the ground grasping for breath.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna pop in and throw out my guess about Black Noir: Instead of his crispy looking skin condition being from that Durka Durka that blew up on him, I theorize that he has always looked like that and the explosion just ripped away part of his suit to show the pre existing over-microwaved hot dog look.

His condition being why he has always been covered head to toe and never talks. The fight with bomb guy is a red herring for the damage and it is meant to be a surprise twist. Full conjecture, so probably not needing spoilers.

Skin like Deadpool. He regens/heals, but it regens back to the scarred/burned form.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Well looks like feminism beat nazism. Also white genocide isn't real. Oh yeah and this was boring.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That was pretty lame, not even taking into account all of the cringe inducing political commentary. I don't think this show has anything left in it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
it’s pretty clear what they will waste story time on progressive bullshit. I am sure it will get worse as time goes on. Too bad.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They needed to show Homelander owning the Vought team of 20 the whole way through rather than the women throwing punches and kicks.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
LMAO at the Batmanesque moon ledge thing.

324.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't expect that ending to the season honestly. Because it was entirely cliche and predictable, and I thought this show wouldn't be entirely cliche and predictable.

Total dud.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the hell was that? Absolutely nothing about the cabin and feminist beat down scenes made any sense.