The Brink (HBO) - June 21

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The trailer is a little meh, but the cast looks great. I think this could be very funny.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Mixed bag I thought - it started well with a fiiine pair of tits, but Jack Black was not even slightly amusing. They appear to be going mostly serious, rather than straight up playing for laughs. Has potential in any case.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I thought it was just all right. I'll give it a go and watch a few more episodes, at least.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is basically a slightly more straightfaced retelling of Dr. Strangelove.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I always assume that all politicians are degenerate scumbags but this was a bit too over the top for me. I know it's supposed to be a comedy but everybody is a cliche and the drug dealing fighter pilot just doesn't even make sense.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, doesn't the AF hand out Provigil like candy or did they stop doing that?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I was very amused, mostly by the paki angle, but Tim Robbins was good too. I want more.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I always assume that all politicians are degenerate scumbags but this was a bit too over the top for me. I know it's supposed to be a comedy but everybody is a cliche and the drug dealing fighter pilot just doesn't even make sense.
And why the fuck was he talking about making no money? The people who fly multi-million dollar assets make a shit load of money. Pilots are some of the highest paid military personnel. Especially fighter pilots.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And why the fuck was he talking about making no money? The people who fly multi-million dollar assets make a shit load of money. Pilots are some of the highest paid military personnel. Especially fighter pilots.
Navy Pilots make a lot less than AF pilots. He did say he had 2 mortgages and alimony. But yeah, certainly not minimum wage.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Fighter pilots make 35-75 grand a year. Not exactly glamorous. If they are lifers and go past Lieutenant and get like 15 years in they can make decent money. Usually at that point they are putting down the plane for a desk though.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup if they are long term they can make some decent money and if they get reenlisted when they are deployed in a combat area which is usually reasonably likely if you are based on a carrier you can get a pretty sizable bonus that if you are in a combat theater is I believe tax free. My friend worked on nuke subs and while their pay was not spectacular it was decent but the bonuses when they were deployed in a "hostile" theater were pretty damn good.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The salary might be 75k, but your expenses in life are $0. One of my best friends is a pilot in the AF and he does very well for himself.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm enjoying this show the most out of the current Sunday line-up on HBO.