The Callisto Protocol (Survival Horror)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That sounds crazy, especially compared to this chart: List of most expensive video games to develop - Wikipedia

exgames1.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1673669693926.png

Twenty-two million (sixty-two million inflation adjusted) for ET on the Atari? Is that like 20 million for the license and 2 million on hookers and blow?

edit - shit, actually yeah. Looking at the Wikipedia entry for the game it's like 20+ million in licensing. Goddamn.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 453021

Twenty-two million (sixty-two million inflation adjusted) for ET on the Atari? Is that like 20 million for the license and 2 million on hookers and blow?

edit - shit, actually yeah. Looking at the Wikipedia entry for the game it's like 20+ million in licensing. Goddamn.

There is NO WAY that game cost $22 million to make. The single programmer did it in 6 fucking weeks. He was paid $200k or so - so the licensing portion took up all of that I am guessing and went right to Spielberg. I guess if they budgeted for copies, boxes, etc - but even then.... Margins were through the roof back then and don't forget most all games carried a launch day price tag of $49.99.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There is NO WAY that game cost $22 million to make. The single programmer did it in 6 fucking weeks. He was paid $200k or so - so the licensing portion took up all of that I am guessing and went right to Spielberg. I guess if they budgeted for copies, boxes, etc - but even then.... Margins were through the roof back then and don't forget most all games carried a launch day price tag of $49.99.

The Wikipedia entry estimates the licensing cost to get ET was, in the dollars of the day, over twenty million dollars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user