The Callisto Protocol (Survival Horror)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

game sounds really awesome and is the only reason i might consider upgrading my gaming PC and playing on PC vs ps5, but i'll wait and see how DF compares the two. They will have a 60 FPS mode on ps5/sex

releases in a little over 2 months, early Dec
Amazes me that all the shit thats on TV, a game would even get close to being censored anywhere. But .. still a good sign for the rest of the world. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
a few reviews have leaked and they are not super positive, which is really shocking i thought this game would be GOTY material. The complaints though seem to be about difficulty so hard to judge if its a usual blue hair who doesn't play games and is shit at them or if there are balancing/combat issues

game is out in 4 hours (?) too and i guess reviews can't drop until it releases? weird

cached review, should be "real" in a few hours

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly inspiring if they are making reviews wait till after its released, maybe can give the benefit of doubt cause spoilers or something but still

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Damn everyone streaming it is having frame rate issues on pc and/or switching to PS5 version.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Combat doesn't sound bad if you're not a game journalist. Lack of enemy variety sounds like a much bigger issue.

Definitely glad I got it coming from GameFly for PS5 though. Not about to pay $70 for a console version, and the $60 PC version is infected with Denuvo (wonder if that's why it runs like shit, certainly wouldn't be the first time).

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Damn everyone streaming it is having frame rate issues on pc and/or switching to PS5 version.
This is the feedback I read. Lots of stuttering. I'll wait a few weeks for some patches.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I'll wait for it to go on sale when the Dead Space remake comes out. hehe

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was somewhat interested in this, I'm not a huge FPS fan, or horror genre but this looked interesting enough and don't have much to play these days.

It's sad to see the lukewarm reviews. The game is one long corridor with no exploration, very little enemy variety, bare bone story, only 8-10 hours long with almost nothing to do beside the main story at $79.99CAD for the standard version.

I'll wait for a sale or for it to get on PS+.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I was somewhat interested in this, I'm not a huge FPS fan, or horror genre but this looked interesting enough and don't have much to play these days.

It's sad to see the lukewarm reviews. The game is one long corridor with no exploration, very little enemy variety, bare bone story, only 8-10 hours long with almost nothing to do beside the main story at $79.99CAD for the standard version.

I'll wait for a sale or for it to get on PS+.

Dead Space was what, 8-10 hours long? What was there to do besides the main story? It was completely linear and had like 3 monster types? Not saying this new game is any good, but still sounds worth trying. I agree price tag is too high but all prices are too high.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Dead Space was what, 8-10 hours long? What was there to do besides the main story? It was completely linear and had like 3 monster types? Not saying this new game is any good, but still sounds worth trying. I agree price tag is too high but all prices are too high.

I haven’t played Dead Space, I don’t remember why but most likely because it was 8-10 hours long linear with little variety in monster type. :)

As I said this isn’t my favorite genre but I was open to it if it was excellent.

Vorph

Dead Space was about 12-14 hours depending on difficulty setting and had something like 13 or 14 different kinds of necromorphs, not counting the bosses. It's linear-done-right and putting in meaningless backtracking just to pad the length would have been shit.

Callisto Protocol sounds like it's about the same length, but has fewer enemy types, and might be the boring kind of linear. It's funny looking at the reviews today now that they've dropped everywhere; pretty much all of them say the same thing--play on Minimum Security difficulty.

Edit:

So... PC is complete shit, Series X is broken in a few ways (especially Quality mode), and PS5 is mostly fine all around. I was mad at first that GameFly shipped out the PS5 copy even though I always queue up Xbox at #1 and PS5 at #2, but after watching that I guess I actually lucked out.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Been watching a play through on and off with someone on a PS5. Looks bug free, but pretty uninspired outside of some fun death animations. Think I've only seen a handful of enemy types and zero boss type mobs. Hopefully comes to Gamepass at some point.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I'm really enjoying it so far - I'm on PC but have not had the performance issues a lot of people are talking about.

• 1EyeRoll

Vorph

About half done now and just about bored to death playing it. The melee combat isn't fun in the slightest, especially compared to Dead Space's laser-tool dismemberment system. There's just so many irritating design decisions, everything from having to go all the way to chapter 5 (of 8) before you finally get an inventory upgrade, to cheesy enemies like the snakeheads which are at best hard to see and shoot before they grab you and sometimes are even placed in spots where the grab is unavoidable. You start the game with 6 slots, which is obnoxious because everything from medkits to batteries to ammo to vendor junk items all fight for the space, and there's just the one upgrade that takes you to 12 and that's it. You need to keep every junk item you find because upgrades are really expensive, and at one point I had 5 of my 6 slots filled with them and was having to throw everything else on the ground until I finally reached another reforge to sell them at.

The story isn't doing much for me either. Still going to finish it, but that's only because it's so short and I'll easily have it done before it's time to swap it for Crisis Core.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
About half done now and just about bored to death playing it. The melee combat isn't fun in the slightest, especially compared to Dead Space's laser-tool dismemberment system. There's just so many irritating design decisions, everything from having to go all the way to chapter 5 (of 8) before you finally get an inventory upgrade, to cheesy enemies like the snakeheads which are at best hard to see and shoot before they grab you and sometimes are even placed in spots where the grab is unavoidable. You start the game with 6 slots, which is obnoxious because everything from medkits to batteries to ammo to vendor junk items all fight for the space, and there's just the one upgrade that takes you to 12 and that's it. You need to keep every junk item you find because upgrades are really expensive, and at one point I had 5 of my 6 slots filled with them and was having to throw everything else on the ground until I finally reached another reforge to sell them at.

The story isn't doing much for me either. Still going to finish it, but that's only because it's so short and I'll easily have it done before it's time to swap it for Crisis Core.

I was considering giving this a whirl since it's short and linear (pluses for me, just want to get through the game). However inventory space being severely limited is such a turn-off for me. The reason it took me ages to get through some of the Resident Evils, got so tired of trying to organize inventory space.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So wait, what's the story here with this coming out so close to Dead Space Remake? At first I thought this was an independent studio copying the Dead Space formula and competing with them, but now I find out the guy who made this is the same guy who made the original Dead Space. So does he have anything to do with DS Remake, or is this another Hideo Kojima situation where a guy had to go make his own studio and is now pre-empting the publisher that owns his old IP? Cause if that's what's going on, that's bad-ass, and I'm gonna make sure to actually play this.

spronk

FPS noob
ouch, looks like the game is losing big time money. i guess the devs behind pubg are korean funded so thats why they are taking the $$ hit

wonder what happens with the studio now

also kinda nuts the game cost $165m, seems insanely high

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users