The Color Out of Space (2019)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Haha what the fuck, that trailer is insane, I've never heard of that one before. Was that an evil tranny? That was an evil tranny, I fucking know it.

Thanks, I'll watch that tomorrow, too tired, don't need to fall asleep to shit like that haha.

I love Crazy Cage, it can be highly entertaining sometimes. He's shat out a whole bunch of stinkers over the past 2 decades, so I've kinda tuned him out

You'll love it. It's Cage turned to max, but with an actual good movie that supports it.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved this movie, it felt like an actual horror movie from back when directors made horror movies. Practical effects and body horror and it was great to see that Richard Stanley still has the eye for detail to make a great horror/schlock film. I was thinking about other Lovecraft adaptations besides this one, which is probably one of the best ones, and remembered Event Horizon being another well made cosmic horror then realized that the mom in this is also one of the survivors at the end of that.

The little touches in this made me enjoy it more as I've thought about it. The nod to Carpenter's The Thing, the weird mix of humor inside of a completely fucked up situation, down to the opening of Cage messing with his wedding ring reflected in one of the last shots of the house. Just a lot of care taken by Stanley for a horror movie that more modern directors would have just half assed through. It's definitely a strange movie but it's a lot more palatable than Mandy. This acid house Cage resurgence is fun so far
If you haven't seen it, watch The Void. It's kinda like an old school horror flick.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its got the Araysar stamp of approval. Let's get after it!

Fuck Uncut Gems, make way for Color out of Space.

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
If you haven't seen it, watch The Void. It's kinda like an old school horror flick.
thanks and yeah, The Void was a good movie. I think that my only complaint with it was that it was too much homage and never really got into its own thing but it ticked the correct Carpenter boxes and did those things well. Strange how simple the basics are for a good horror movie and how poorly most people pull those basics off. People trapped in an unknown place by a hostile force seems so simple yet almost nobody can get it right

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Haha what the fuck, that trailer is insane, I've never heard of that one before. Was that an evil tranny? That was an evil tranny, I fucking know it.

Which one are you thinking is the tranny? Cage's girlfriend or the preacher? Because they both look it.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
And yeah "cosmic horror" is maybe my favorite genre of horror because really.. who knows what is really out there waiting to find or notice us..

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Visuals and audio are great, acting is good enough, but the pacing and flow of the movie are a mess.

6/10

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

got to this just now... really back and forth. I think cage is ruining it. daughter, great. mom great. visuals, and like body horror, crying. holy shit.
cage "yelling" at the daughter scene. wtf. that shit took me completely out of it. every once in a while, he swaps to another character entirely. and it doesn't fit at all.
this is not a movie where his insane camp works. its taking Curt Russel out of "the Thing" and putting nic cage in, instead.

I think this could have been a 10/10 without Cage.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this. I've never had a problem with The Thing and the completely grotesque shit that happens in that movie, but some of the stuff later on in this one made me want to just get to the end because it got depressing.

It was a pretty good movie though.

Reminded me a LOT of Annihilation from a couple years ago. Matter of fact, this could have almost been a prequel to Annihilation. Like if Annihilation were about people traveling to the "affected zone" from this movie (if it still existed).