The Conners

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
1.40 star(s) Rating: 1.40/5 5 Votes
Title: The Conners

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2018-10-16

Cast: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson, Michael Fishman, Emma Kenney, Ames McNamara, Jayden Rey, Maya Lynne Robinson

Overview: This iconic family—Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and D.J.—grapples with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
sucks, and they really disrespect Roseanne

not to mention they went EVEN MORE sjw

now the cross dressing kid, isn't just curious he's gay

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
what a fag
'The Conners' star Michael Fishman says doing spinoff without Roseanne Barr is 'bittersweet'

i'm pretty sure from the JRE he's one these assholes that threw Roseanne away, timestamped
Screen-Shot-2018-06-04-at-11.41.39-AM.png

Also, as if we need to confirm how shitty "critics" are and are just paid shills
823f343699e1ff91c81d517dec79e555.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's like they don't understand how the reboot was good.

you'd get 5mins of roseanne and john goodman

then 5 minutes of crap w/ the kids who can't act (aside from sarah gilbert)

then another 5minutes of jackie(laurie metcalf) and roseanne

2 minutes to show that the kids are still around

and rose and johngoodman close the show.

w/o Roseanne, it falls on john goodman to carry the show, and they wrote him into the grieving husband, for who knows how long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I guess last season eneded with her getting a surgery.

This season starts saying she died in surgery from a heart attack, but then its revealed she wa ssecretly a pill addict and ODed in the hospital

• 2Worf

Goatface

hard to tell with the world series going on, but it is on track to finish with 1.3 in demo and 5.7m
would still be ABC's 2nd or 3rd best show, even though would be like 1/3 of Roseanne's
Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert are getting $350k show which is a bargain compared to Modern Family

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I can't imagine why Gilbert didn't keep her fucking mouth shut about all of this.

If she is getting $350k a show now, how much do you think she'd be getting per show for the full ratings version of Rosanne?

Get woke, go broke indeed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can't imagine why Gilbert didn't keep her fucking mouth shut about all of this.

If she is getting $350k a show now, how much do you think she'd be getting per show for the full ratings version of Rosanne?

Get woke, go broke indeed.
because rich white libs are fucking delusional and think everyone should be on the same page as them. and when they are proven wrong, they can blame others for being backkward

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I said from the beginning that they should have went this route, but brought her in after a season. Basically keep her on as a writer and her salary goes to whatever charity and then after a season shes back. Explain it however you need...in this case, it could have been rehab. Woulda worked perfectly.

It's a shame because I loved the reboot of Rosanne. -sigh-

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the fact that the excuse Roseanne gave for her tweets was abusing Ambien, but then she got mad at the show for depicting her as an opiate addict.... SMH.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
aaand its gone
https://www.showbiz411.com/2018/10/...rs-and-demo-as-abc-orders-only-1-more-episode
its dropped another 180k people so still over 7 million watching? no idea how broadcast TV works anymore if 7 million viewing is considered "shut it down!" bad and Laura Ingraham is the top primetime cable news host with 3.

3 million nightly viewers vs 7 million on a weekly show with higher production costs is the difference

They have to make enough on Ads once a week to cover everything. And that is a large cast. With a huge staff. Much larger than Cable TV set in a fixed studio with nightly income 365 days a year over 10-22 episodes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the fact that the excuse Roseanne gave for her tweets was abusing Ambien, but then she got mad at the show for depicting her as an opiate addict.... SMH.
i dont think she had isssue with the opiate addict, i think it had to do with killing her character off that way completely and utterly destroying any chance of her return and doing it in such a classless way. when the girl who play Shirley in Laverne& Shirley left the show over an ugly contract dispute. ABC had class enough not to kill her character off, but that she skipped town to get married. similiar with Chrissy from Three's Company and Richie from Happy Days. If you are invested in a sitcom and its main character, the last thing the network should do is shit on that character if they still want you to tune in.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
i dont think she had isssue with the opiate addict, i think it had to do with killing her character off that way completely and utterly destroying any chance of her return and doing it in such a classless way. when the girl who play Shirley in Laverne& Shirley left the show over an ugly contract dispute. ABC had class enough not to kill her character off, but that she skipped town to get married. similiar with Chrissy from Three's Company and Richie from Happy Days. If you are invested in a sitcom and its main character, the last thing the network should do is shit on that character if they still want you to tune in.

Especially after all the money she made them with the original series and with the season 1 reboot.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
edit -- hm i think i misunderstood something, let me check wikipedia rq

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
actually no i did understand it right...

In the season's final episode, Roseanne reveals the entire series itself is actually a story written by Roseanne Conner about her life. To cope, Roseanne twisted major elements of her life for the story, which the audience does not discover until the final moments of the season. In reality, Dan's heart attack near the end of Season 8 was fatal and the Conner family did not win the lottery. A story arc running through the final season, that Dan betrayed Roseanne by having an affair, is revealed to be false. We learn that Dan's betrayal wasn't having an affair, but dying.

and then apparently Dan is back to life in the modern revival because he faked his death?

they already pulled that schtick, they can easily bring back Roseanne in some ridiculous way with the precedent the series has already set, no need for her death to be final

TV show information provided by The Movie Database