The Covenant (2023)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This was very good. I am shocked it didn't even make half its low 55 million budget in the box office.

I think it was in theaters for like 45 minutes, and was released digitally less than 3 weeks after. So it may have done well for Amazon and Vudu, we'll just never really know unless they tell us so.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think it was in theaters for like 45 minutes, and was released digitally less than 3 weeks after. So it may have done well for Amazon and Vudu, we'll just never really know unless they tell us so.
Yes, I saw a breakdown and what it was released against but still.
Article did mention it was during the time Amazon merged MGM into Amazon and was not put into many foreign markets at all but instead released to streaming many months before US/Canada. So ya we'll never know the impact internationally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Half through watching it for the second time. I'm not sure what to say other than I don't really get why this movie seemed to be so positively reviewed in this thread. It's just.....fine. I don't think it comes anywhere close to the top 10 war movies.

It eventually gets too Hollywood, but It's not over the top enough to be a good over the top movie. I like Denis Villeneuve movies and would have been fine with a slow, mundane story like what he makes. I thought that's where this was going after the first 15 minutes, but I have no idea what it was really aiming for. Sub par buddy movie. sub par action movie. Sub par suspense/thriller. Sub par dialogue.

I don't know. It had a little bit of everything, but didn't scratch an itch in any of it. I liked it enough to put it on a second time, but mostly it's just because I don't know why it seemed unanimously liked here and wanted to watch again.

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user