The Crew

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I remember hearing about this game. And while it looks neat, I really thought the title was going to be a Payday type of game : /

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why does it give me a Cannonball Run vibe? (The background story to it, not the actual humor level/etc)

spronk

FPS noob
some beta invites have gone out i didn't get in
frown.png
check your spam folder for your uplay account

CnqXERH.png

sukik

Ubisoft, Micro-transactions in a $59.96 game, racing game, cops and robbers. Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope. Fuck this game.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
ehh post redacted, I think I am actually going to give this a shot (I'm not in beta though)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I want to like this game, but since it is Ubisoft its probably impossible. I just see the cash shop being full of bullshit in the future.

The gameplay is fun so far, especially with friends. Not sure how long that will last.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Some really cool ideas, but still needs lots of work. That and nvidia surround doesn't work
frown.png

Stave

Potato del Grande
So far it looks promising. Well at least much more promising than the joke that was NFS Rivals. Seems like it will have a lot of customization which is good, and not DCing every 3 minutes or migrating servers ala NFS Rivals. Glad to see a race game with a story again too. I dunno why NFS The Run got so much slack (barring the QTE's those I understand), but it was my favorite in the series after Underground 1 and 2.

spronk

FPS noob
get ya free crew PC beta keys here courtesy of nvidia
The Crew PC Beta Key Giveaway | GeForce

you will need uplay ha ha!
instant delivery via email

fuck it took me like 2 minutes to try and figure out how to activate a key inside uplay, what a piece of shit software
downloading now tho 15 gigs i think

spronk

FPS noob
kinda enjoy the game, it feels a lot like need for speed rivals although the maps are maybe a little better. the graphics are pretty atrocious though, my 360 controller needs some batteries so have only been playing with kb+m which is not fun.

biggest problem is the game randomly stutters for like 5-10 seconds, making you think your video card is dying or something. tons of people are reporting it on their forums. i'm sure it'll get fixed, but with a release just a few months away and on consoles as well seems like its not really quite at release form

end of the day I'd rather just play mario kart 8 than The Crew so thats not good

Vorph

The free roaming part is worth downloading the beta and driving around the countryside for a few hours, especially if you were a fan of Test Drive Unlimited.

That's the end of the good things about it though. The graphics are merely decent on ultra, the framerate is hard-locked at 30 fps (at least in the beta), the missions/"skills" aren't much fun and some of them are buggy or poorly balanced, the computer opponents use the worst kinds of cheater AI to stay competitive and the cops are even more broken, and the story makes recent Need for Speed games look like Oscar contenders. When it's not just straight-up ripping them off, that is.

I'd never pay for the game even if it was a lot better than it is, just on general principles. You can see how the beta is set up for pay-to-win microtransactions EVERYWHERE, and anyone putting that shit in a full $60 game can fuck right off. You can buy just about anything with real money, and the in-game cash appears to be designed to trickle in so slowly that people just break out their CC#.

It's too bad because I'd love another game like TDU. TDU2 certainly didn't live up to the original game, and I've been waiting for something like it ever since.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
I have had none of the performance issues mentioned here, the game has run smoothly for me. All the beginner cars feel extremely loose and you swerve like crazy everywhere you drive. Supposedly this improves as your cars get upgraded but I've played other racers and their crappy cars handle better than this. The map and scope of the world is impressive and I have really enjoyed the car density and all the atmosphere as you drive around. The story is complete dog shit and I walked away from my play session wondering, why did they even bother with a story mode?? I have had my eye on this for awhile as I am looking for a racer on my console and the idea of a big social racing world is a good one. However, I don't like the integrated pay-to-win microtansactions. Not that what you do with your wallet really affects me in anyway but I think it says a lot about a company and what they want out of a game. I think this is going to be a poorly supported ubisoft cash grab. I am most likely going to play forza horizon 2 instead which has more cars, more racing modes & options but a smaller world (too bad it's in Europe - yuck!)