The Crew

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I have no performance problems either. At worst it stutters for half a second when loading a new chunk of terrain, and if I actually bought the game I'd install it on a SSD so I'm sure even that little bit would be gone then. I wouldn't call that a particularly impressive feat, however, as long as the game is hard-locked to 30 fps. (You can unlock it in an ini, but it messes up other parts of the game.)

sebur

Bronze Squire
Wish the level cap was higher, as soon as I hit it I stopped playing. I guess it is to be expected though.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
The Crew Delayed

I didn't even download and play the XB1 beta as I've been too consumed with FH2. They might find some love on the PC and some PS4 peeps may want an open-world racer. They have 3 betas under their belt and the driving physics are still sub-par plus the whole game is micro-transitioned to win. I think this game is sunk on either the PS4 or XB1, Forza Horizon 2 & Driveclub are just better...

spronk

FPS noob
car handling was just terrible in the game, on PS4 it felt like i was driving on ice everywhere. dec release seems like a death sentence though, shoulda delayed six more months

Crone

Registered for the beta on PS4. Haven't turned my PS4 on in a bit, just bored with everything. Thanks Spronk!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Meh I got it on PC as one of my GTX 970 free games. I plan on buying Farcry limited edition and have zero interest in AC so I figured I'd just get the Crew.

I wasn't particularly impressed during the PC beta, it was amusing, but more because I played with friends than the game being all that great.

sebur

Bronze Squire
The more I think about it the more I agree with Delly. I think me and my friends drove around trying to find landmarks and crashing in to people to ruin their experience than actually doing our own races or playing the game lol. I know I did a lot of the races solo and they were really easy. Still undecided on this, but I would say it hinges on if my friends will play as well.

spronk

FPS noob
its not a great confidence booster that the ps4 beta key they sent me says its already been used when i try to redeem it

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well, downloading the beta. I have very low expectations, so I won't be upset.

I just don't think a social racing game is really all that interesting. Just give me the next Gran Turismo.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking forward to this, The Crew was a great game with all the DLC but was still only maybe a $40 game. Hoping all they've done is built on what they made in the first game, the open world US racing was quite enjoyable. Though knowing Ubisoft they might just take out half the things they introduced in Wild Run and Calling All Units and reintroduce it as DLC in which case I'll just wait till they put everything on sale for $10 and pick it up then.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Grabbed the first one on sale for PC a while back but was unplayable at night, never could figure out a fix but when the sun went down/night mission the screen was basically all black. Like a human at night doing a corpse run in Kithicor Forest.

Vorph

The Crew 2 closed beta invites went out today, it runs from 5/31 to 6/4. Each person who gets in can invite three friends (I assume they mean within UPlay) so if anyone didn't bother signing up but wants to check it out send me a PM with your UPlay name. I swear I signed up for the PS4 beta but they sent me a PC invite anyway.

That said, if anyone has an extra invite to the PS4 one I'd also appreciate a PM about that too.
Cancel that, got a code off reddit and signed up a new account to redeem it for PS4. So now I think I can invite 3 people to that as well if anyone else needs.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well from watching the beta it seems the map is almost completely the same just upgraded graphics and removal of a lot of the invisible walls. Think this is going to be another one that will be worth at 50% off but not full price.

Vorph

I hated it. Most of the street races felt more like something out of the Trials series rather than The Crew. Not interested in boats or planes in a racing game, and the first offroad 'race' was obnoxious enough that I didn't bother doing any more.

Graphics are pretty bad too. Lots of pixelization and artifacts, no HDR (wtf?), and even the cars don't look that great. The interiors are nice and I prefer to drive with that view, but I had the impression that the bodies weren't particularly high poly--something just looks off about them.

Cars sounds are decent enough in the ones I got to try, but the voice acting was so awful I just held down O every time a cutscene started.

Parts seem to be totally random in a Diablo-esque style this time around. Green ones are just basic upgrades, blues have that plus one special perk, purples have two perks, etc. Not sure how I feel about that.

Nice car list though, just too bad it's wasted on this game. My two main requirements for any racer are Lotus Exige and Maserati Gran Turismo S and it has both. I was also surprised to see the first car you get to drive is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Did those assholes over at EA finally lose their exclusive license on Porsches?

I finally bought The Crew after Wild Run came out and the whole package was on sale for like $15. That's about what it will take for me to buy this one too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sole

Molten Core Raider
I have 3 invites for PS4 if anyone wants, I kinda feel like I'd be giving you an STD though. Vorph summed it up nicely.