The Crow

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i bought the Escape From LA soundtrack, i only wanted it for the White Zombie song, The One. it might have been their best song or at least it made the purchase worthwhile.
the movie was fucking terrible. i dragged my dad to the theater to see that and midway through i got "the look". the look that says, you done goofed, Charlie.
I had that one, too, and the White zombie song was the best on the whole album. Fuck I forgot about that song.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's one of my favorites from the Soundtrack era.

Slayer and Atari Teenage Riot, Stabbing Westward and Josh Wink, Filter and the motherfucking Crystal Method.

Orbital, Korn. Anyone who liked both Industrial and Electronic music at that time was floored by that album. They wouldn't even try to pull that shit off these days.

*I even forgot about Incubus and DJ Greyboy. Damn, this album fucking ruled.
Right on! It was just such a unique album, and despite the movie sucking hard, the soundtrack was something I used to listen to all the time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had that one, too, and the White zombie song was the best on the whole album. Fuck I forgot about that song.
White Zombie released quite a few songs for soundtracks around that time. the judge dredd film had a mix of More Human Than Human? Ace Venture 2 had a Blur The Technicolor mix. Airheads had an awesome, so awesome song called Feed the Gods. WZ was in the movie too.
i bought all these soundtracks, or rather i bought some and my friend just handed the rest to me for free when he was manager of Sam Goody back then. he had every movie soundtrack CD.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
White Zombie released quite a few songs for soundtracks around that time. the judge dredd film had a mix of More Human Than Human? Ace Venture 2 had a Blur The Technicolor mix. Airheads had an awesome, so awesome song called Feed the Gods. WZ was in the movie too.
i bought all these soundtracks, or rather i bought some and my friend just handed them to me when he was manager of Sam Goody back then. he had every movie soundtrack CD.
Yeah that's one of the reasons I bought a lot of these different albums. There was just a lot of good music on them, and I was a pretty big white zombie fan of the time. That's why the Nativity in Black albums were so good. They had probably one of the better covers I think I'm the first one for children of the grave.

Sucks that my entire music collection that I had accumulated as a young lad and all the time through college got stolen. Had a giant binder of 200 something CDs. Was out with coworkers for $2 pint night at the Fox and hound in College Station on a Thursday, and the bartender gets on an intercom and says will the owner of a white F-150 license plate blah blah blah please come up to the bar. No idea what that means, bartender says hey man, hate to break this to you but your vehicle got broken into and the police are out back.

Had so many good albums in there, and the only thing as I know whatever joggers stole my collection, they probably didn't listen to any of it. Who's this Frank Zappa guy? Rush, wtf? All my Metallica albums, White zombie, and every one of those soundtracks we've been talking about.

Luckily the insurance paid out quite a bit, ended up getting an MP3 player because they had stolen the CD player too, and this was during the wonderful days of Napster and CD burners. Just started borrowing CDs from all of my buddies, and burning as much as I could to replace my collection.

That's a fantastic album though. Such an amazing group of bands, and the White zombie song is one of the standouts.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah that's one of the reasons I bought a lot of these different albums. There was just a lot of good music on them, and I was a pretty big white zombie fan of the time. That's why the Nativity in Black albums were so good. They had probably one of the better covers I think I'm the first one for children of the grave.

Sucks that my entire music collection that I had accumulated as a young lad and all the time through college got stolen. Had a giant binder of 200 something CDs. Was out with coworkers for $2 pint night at the Fox and hound in College Station on a Thursday, and the bartender gets on an intercom and says will the owner of a white F-150 license plate blah blah blah please come up to the bar. No idea what that means, bartender says hey man, hate to break this to you but your vehicle got broken into and the police are out back.

Had so many good albums in there, and the only thing as I know whatever joggers stole my collection, they probably didn't listen to any of it. Who's this Frank Zappa guy? Rush, wtf? All my Metallica albums, White zombie, and every one of those soundtracks we've been talking about.

Luckily the insurance paid out quite a bit, ended up getting an MP3 player because they had stolen the CD player too, and this was during the wonderful days of Napster and CD burners. Just started borrowing CDs from all of my buddies, and burning as much as I could to replace my collection.

That's a fantastic album though. Such an amazing group of bands, and the White zombie song is one of the standouts.
i love that song. i still get kinda pissed at Faith No More's version of War Pigs though. they turned that song into a joke. this was supposed to be a tribute. at least most everyone else did it right. i was also a big fan of Type O Negative. fucking Peter Steel gets his dumb ass killed just before he hit it big. sorry you lost all your stuff. losing a music collection is no joke.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Singles soundtrack was pretty legit.

1Would? - Alice In Chains
2Breath - Pearl Jam
3Seasons - Chris Cornell
4Dyslexic Heart - Paul Westerberg
5Battle of Evermore - The Lovemongers
6Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns - Mother Love Bone
7Birth Ritual - Soundgarden
8State of Love and Trust - Pearl Jam
9Overblown - Mudhoney
10Waiting for Somebody - Paul Westerberg
11May This Be Love - Jimi Hendrix
12Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees
13Drown - The Smashing Pumpkins

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i love that song. i still get kinda pissed at Faith No More's version of War Pigs though. they turned that song into a joke. this was supposed to be a tribute. at least most everyone else did it right. i was also a big fan of Type O Negative. fucking Peter Steel gets his dumb ass killed just before he hit it big. sorry you lost all your stuff. losing a music collection is no joke.
Hell yeah, Type O Negative was awesome. It's a shame Steele died so young. Had all of their albums up to October rust, and those got swiped and.

Do you remember watching that old show on fuse maybe called uranium with that cute Mexican girl. An hour of showcasing heavy metal bands, kind of like head bangers ball. They did a full episode with him, and he was a real dick but it was pretty hilarious. Craziest thing though was he had a pretty mad Max style car I guess he drove around Brooklyn or whatever the hell. The guy was definitely an iconoclast.

images (13).jpeg

Also find this awesome that we're more excited to talk about great music from the 90s and early 2000s versus this s shitty looking remake ofa pretty iconic film.

Sign of the times...

I wonder if he was still alive what he would think about the current world, but I think I have a good idea. He'd probably loved same Floyd. (I'm trying to be ironic by the way, just so there's no miscommunication)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hell yeah, Type O Negative was awesome. It's a shame Steele died so young. Had all of their albums up to October rust, and those got swiped and.

Do you remember watching that old show on fuse maybe called uranium with that cute Mexican girl. An hour of showcasing heavy metal bands, kind of like head bangers ball. They did a full episode with him, and he was a real dick but it was pretty hilarious. Craziest thing though was he had a pretty mad Max style car I guess he drove around Brooklyn or whatever the hell. The guy was definitely an iconoclast.

View attachment 519974
Also find this awesome that we're more excited to talk about great music from the 90s and early 2000s versus this s shitty looking remake ofa pretty iconic film.

Sign of the times...

I wonder if he was still alive what he would think about the current world, but I think I have a good idea. He'd probably loved same Floyd. (I'm trying to be ironic by the way, just so there's no miscommunication)

dude worked the sanitation department of NYC. he was still an employee when he died. i used to laugh sometimes when coming home from NYC and seeing the garbage men take out the trash. i would wave and say, "hi Peter". yeah rockers are usually a bunch of dickhead assholes. its why a bunch of them fucking die young. they think they can do whatever and be great at it. right up until they OD or blow their entire fortune and career on a bunch of 8balls. then the entourage leaves and they realize they aint so wonderful and that they were being used. October Rust is such a great album. i still have the cassette in one of my winter coats from the 90s.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
God I haven't seen that movie in eons.
at least he didnt say it was a ripoff of Dark Night Of The Scarecrow where a retard is falsely accused of raping and killing a little girl. the townies kill him and turns out that the little girl was fine. nobody hurt her. one year after her death the retard comes back as a scarecrow and kills all the people who killed him. its actually a scary movie for a TV movie.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
at least he didnt say it was a ripoff of Dark Night Of The Scarecrow where a retard is falsely accused of raping and killing a little girl. the townies kill him and turns out that the little girl was fine. nobody hurt her. one year after her death the retard comes back as a scarecrow and kills all the people who killed him. its actually a scary movie for a TV movie.
The Pumpkin Head movies were in that same vein.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The Pumpkin Head movies were in that same vein.

inwas about to say that. Legit just ripped it off.

I mean I guess you could track just about any movie theme back to something older, but these two are blatant.

man and wife killed by evil gang because gang leader wants the woman for himself. 1 year later the ghost of the man comes back to exact revenge on the gang and protect a younger sibling who is struggling in the world since the murders.

the wraith.

Retard wrongly killed by a lynch mob resurrects as a vengeful monster to get revenge on the town?

pumpkin head.

shit, I was thinking about All Dogs Go to Heaven for whatever reason and it’s basically Constantine. Main character dies and goes to hell but escapesback
To earth to do good and earn their way to heaven

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mean I guess pumpkin head itself is just a slight twist on Nightmare Elm street.

I guess Hollywood has sucked longer than I thought

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I mean I guess pumpkin head itself is just a slight twist on Nightmare Elm street.

I guess Hollywood has sucked longer than I thought
I don't necessarily know if it's a rip off at nightmare on elm Street, but that's some interesting ideas or at least the first one did. By the end of the film Lance henrikson regrets unleashing the monster on the teenagers, and there's an arc to his character that ties everything up pretty well.

Plus the monster looked great. I think that was Stan Winston.

I'm going to go have to find The wraith and watch it again. I really love that movie when I was younger, and I wonder if it's still holds up today.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't it originally a comic book maybe or was there a comic adaptation after the movie? Or are you just referring to the script being written in the 80s.
That's what I meant, the comic series it was based off of started in 89. Which admittedly is still after the wraith, but the stories of his various revenants vary wildly.

• 2Like