The Crow

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I used to love all these cheesy horror flicks. Nowadays modern horror movies don't do a thing for me.

As we saw the rise of the PG13 chopped down from an R style of horror the films themselves all got real, real bland. Not much in the way of visuals or gore or really much of anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Have you ever seen Moontrap? Star Trek's Chekhov and Ash Williams from Ash Versus the Evil Dead go to the moon and discover sentient alien technology that makes cyber zombies!

It's boring with a couple memorable scenes plus one decent pair of breasts.
Ancient astronauts and alien robot pods that needed body parts. What's not to love about Moontrap. I tried rewatching it a while ago, but it doesn't hold the same magic of my original viewings as a kid. Always thought it was a neat idea though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ancient astronauts and alien robot pods that needed body parts. What's not to love about Moontrap. I tried rewatching it a while ago, but it doesn't hold the same magic of my original viewings as a kid. Always thought it was a neat idea though.

Yeah, same. As a kid the high points were high enough (hospital zombie robot lasers) for it to be memorable along with an overall cool idea but going back to it the whole thing is pretty dull.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I don't necessarily know if it's a rip off at nightmare on elm Street, but that's some interesting ideas or at least the first one did. By the end of the film Lance henrikson regrets unleashing the monster on the teenagers, and there's an arc to his character that ties everything up pretty well.

Plus the monster looked great. I think that was Stan Winston.

I'm going to go have to find The wraith and watch it again. I really love that movie when I was younger, and I wonder if it's still holds up today.

I remember watching Pumpkinhead with a buddy of mine, for a while after buddy would randomly start laughing and say “whaddaya here for, Ed Harley?” in a fairly decent impression of that witch.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
For some reason I always mixed up brain scan and ghost in the machine

and not Lawnmower man
there are so many of these dead person comes back to life for revenge films back in the 80s and 90s. did they still make them after The Crow?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
there are so many of these dead person comes back to life for revenge films back in the 80s and 90s. did they still make them after The Crow?
Didn't Wes Craven do Shocker where Deputy Chief Skinner comes back for revenge after he was sent to the chair, but he uses electricity to get you?

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Uh yeah, electricity...

Electricity, items that use electricity, whatever. I haven't watched that movie in forever, forgot about that scene. I don't even remember the premise really other than we somehow becomes an electrical ghost or something, and is out for revenge.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Electricity, items that use electricity, whatever. I haven't watched that movie in forever, forgot about that scene. I don't even remember the premise really other than we somehow becomes an electrical ghost or something, and is out for revenge.

You forgot about the Leave it to Beaver scene! That's the only thing I can remember about it!

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Didn’t shocker come back to life not for revenge but to just keep killing, then he killed The Great White Hypes mom and he was the one getting revenge by chasing the shocker?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

honestly I can’t think of anything post Crow besides Michale Jai White Spawn but that IP existed pre crow I think?

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Didn’t shocker come back to life not for revenge but to just keep killing, then he killed The Great White Hypes mom and he was the one getting revenge by chasing the shocker?
I don't remember but probably. Fuck, I do remember the great white hype sort of, wasn't that a basketball movie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
WHILE WE'RE HERE

976 Evil 2 zaps a character in to It's a Wonderful Life using a couple full minutes of that footage before blending it with Night of the Living Dead having zombified George Bailey's daughter Zuzu kill the girl with a trowel.

1710693292275.png

I feel bad for kids today growing up with shit like The Bye Bye Man and Unfollowed.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I used to love watching WPIX, WGN, WWOR, and other stations back as a kid. They used to play anything on the weekends. You'd have Halloween or Friday the 13th marathons during the day, it was wicked. I saw movies like They Live with Roddy Piper, but then they played another of his movies: Hell Comes to Frogtown.

As long as they censored out some of the language and sex scenes, channels gave zero fucks back then lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I used to love watching WPIX, WGN, WWOR, and other stations back as a kid. They used to play anything on the weekends. You'd have Halloween or Friday the 13th marathons during the day, it was wicked. I saw movies like They Live with Roddy Piper, but then they played another of his movies: Hell Comes to Frogtown.

As long as they censored out some of the language and sex scenes, channels gave zero fucks back then lol.
The midnight horror movie was a staple as a kid. Hell Comes to Frog Town was a classic. Sam Hell was their to fuck shit up. A Boy and His Dog is another great apocalyptic B movie, as is Steel Dawn with St.Swayze, patron saint of bouncers. Hell, Def-con 4 was another classic, had really cool box art on the VHS tape as well.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Chiller theater had horror and Godzilla movies on WPIX and WWOR had kungfu movies on weekends.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

• 1Solidarity