The Crow

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
We had Morgus The Magnificent in New Orleans. I remember getting into meet him at some sort of festival or Mardi Gras event as a kid. He used to do fundraisers and stuff and a lot of community related things. Pretty cool stuff.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We had Morgus The Magnificent in New Orleans. I remember getting into meet him at some sort of festival or Mardi Gras event as a kid. He used to do fundraisers and stuff and a lot of community related things. Pretty cool stuff.

we had Zacherlie here in NYC.
dude was still on TV in the 80s and 90s.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
we had Zacherlie here in NYC.
dude was still on TV in the 80s and 90s.
I don't think there's anything like that nowadays other than Joe Bob Briggs bringing back the last drive in on Shudder. Hell I remember watching Elvira presents. Things were just so much better when we were young.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

This was the best though. Especially as a young horny kid. Lol

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think there's anything like that nowadays other than Joe Bob Briggs bringing back the last drive in on Shudder. Hell I remember watching Elvira presents. Things were just so much better when we were young.
we had a lot of corny stuff when we were kids. besides the horror presenters, there was Capt Kangaroo, Wonderama, Magic Garden, Romper Room, American Bandstand, Mickey Mouse Club, Soul Train, You Cant Do That on Television and of course Sesame Street, Mr Rogers and Electric Company. it was just a different time. kids dont watch TV anymore and they arent going to start now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

my area never had a hosted movie show.
did have this (without a host)
1710704840131.png

which aired on saturday afternoons. remember when i was little, thinking it was the greatest thing ever to make a chef boyardee pizza and get to watch a monster movie.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I used to love watching WPIX, WGN, WWOR, and other stations back as a kid. They used to play anything on the weekends. You'd have Halloween or Friday the 13th marathons during the day, it was wicked. I saw movies like They Live with Roddy Piper, but then they played another of his movies: Hell Comes to Frogtown.

As long as they censored out some of the language and sex scenes, channels gave zero fucks back then lol.

Man nothing was better than a friday night WGN double feature.

I remember watching Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man followed by Out For Justice and it was a seminal night in my life.

• 3Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This was the best though. Especially as a young horny kid. Lol
When I played football as a kid, the city League I was in because I want to a private Catholic School, had a parade every Mardi Gras.

The teams would make a float. Somehow we got a life-size cardboard cutout of Elvira that we had attached to this giant Ryder truck. I think it was from a beer promotion. When we stripped the truck down my step dad managed to get the Elvira thing for me because he knows I always watched her show. I had it hanging up in my room for a long time, no different than bikini babe posters that young men used to always have. I guess now they have waifu pillows or something gay.

She was the Mistress of the dark. I think she was in Playboy at some point way back in the day.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
When I played football as a kid, the city League I was in because I want to a private Catholic School, had a parade every Mardi Gras. I think it was from a beer promotion.

The teams would make a float. Somehow we got a life-size cardboard cutout of Elvira that we had attached to this giant Ryder truck. When we stripped the truck down my step dad managed to get the Elvira thing for me because he knows I always watched her show. I had it hanging up in my room for a long time, no different than bikini babe posters that young men used to always have. I guess now they have waifu pillows or something gay.

She was the Mistress of the dark. I think she was in Playboy at some point way back in the day.

One of my good friends had one as well from when she was doing a Coors promotion. Probably the same one you had. Except he taped it on the ceiling over his bed. lol

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
One of my good friends had one as well from when she was doing a Coors promotion. Probably the same one you had. Except he taped it on the ceiling over his bed. lol
Yeah this would have been back in the early 90s, maybe late '80s. I think they got it from a gas station. We did go undefeated That season and then ended up winning the City championship for whatever that League was. Shit was a lot of fun when you were young.

Hadn't thought about that stuff in a long time.

Edit: sorry, talk to text

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When I played football as a kid, the city League I was in because I want to a private Catholic School, had a parade every Mardi Gras.

The teams would make a float. Somehow we got a life-size cardboard cutout of Elvira that we had attached to this giant Ryder truck. I think it was from a beer promotion. When we stripped the truck down my step dad managed to get the Elvira thing for me because he knows I always watched her show. I had it hanging up in my room for a long time, no different than bikini babe posters that young men used to always have. I guess now they have waifu pillows or something gay.

she's been in a lot of films and TV in non Elvira roles, i think the most famous one is Peewee's Big Adventure.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
If this is terrible enough I might take the family to see this in the theatre, just for a night out. If studios aren't going to put out good shit I want to see in the theatre maybe it's time to support the laughably bad. That is assuming this movie can reach the heights of laughably bad instead of just being bad, boring, and/or painfully mediocre.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Deep cut, I remember watching Morgus back in the day. Were you on any of the local bbs's back then? Like The Point and Exoticomm?

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Deep cut, I remember watching Morgus back in the day. Were you on any of the local bbs's back then? Like The Point and Exoticomm?
Nah, I wasn't on any bulletin boards until we moved to Texas back in 93. Didn't have my first computer till 8th grade, but after that it was Trade Wars and Usurper.

I just always tried to watch Morgus Presents every Saturday night if I could stay up that late without falling asleep.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Nah, I wasn't on any bulletin boards until we moved to Texas back in 93. Didn't have my first computer till 8th grade, but after that it was Trade Wars and Usurper.

I just always tried to watch Morgus Presents every Saturday night if I could stay up that late without falling asleep.

Yeah, my first time playing Tradewars on a multi-line bbs the Sysop called me because people kept whining to him that I was destroying them. I explained to him that's like the whole point of the game. By the end of the call I was a Co-sysop. Fun times.

Morgus's movies were usually better than a lot of stuff on cable, and more, since cable would always replay the same shit for months.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, my first time playing Tradewars on a multi-line bbs the Sysop called me because people kept whining to him that I was destroying them. I explained to him that's like the whole point of the game. By the end of the call I was a Co-sysop. Fun times.

Morgus's movies were usually better than a lot of stuff on cable, and more, since cable would always replay the same shit for months.
When I got into trade wars, one of the guys I knew in high School was running one of the bulletin boards in town. He had a pretty big corporation, and I guess I pulled a Eve online style infiltration. What's friends with the guy to a degree and asked him hey let me join your Corp. Meanwhile at a couple of other buddies that were playing. Got the locations or passwords or whatever the hell you used to have to do, or maybe Corp permissions? Anyways ended up going and taking all his planets from him and his brother and whoever else was playing with them.

He was pretty pissed, I didn't talk to me for a while, but eventually came around and realized it was just a game.

And you are right in regards to Morgus. There was always something different and fun that you would typically never see unless maybe you could find it at the video store, that's why it was always so much fun to see what would be played for the week. Saw a lot of really good B movies on there. The tales from the crypt type show Monsters used to error I think two episodes starting at 11:00 running up to the midnight movie, and that was always great.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

JFC does that bring back memories...

I remember being in some shitty "newbie" guild in EQ circa 2000(shortly after around the time of Kunark's release, I think - maybe just before?). I was farming fire beetle eyes in Toxxulia forest late at night one time when my guildleader logged in (guild had maybe 20 members, so somebody logging in was a rare, awesome way to pass the time between spawns). I asked what he had been up to, he told me he was playing Tradewars, I asked what it was and about 2 hours later I thought life couldn't get much better than that moment..

• 2Solidarity