The D&D thread

Ome

Molten Core Raider
They have lore in place to eventually lead to that in a more natural way with Eilistraee but they went about it in the worst way possible by retconning this nonsense in.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Or they could just not be faggots and let drow be 99.9% evil fuckers.

Goddamn SJW faggots.

-edit- to add: The fact they’re 99.9% evil is literally the only reason the Drizzt lore exists and is so popular. The way things were set up allowed for interesting stories of exceptions. Homogenization fucking sucks ass.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I'm scared to even imagine what a 6th edition might look like. If character generation includes shit like pronouns they will be dead to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm scared to even imagine what a 6th edition might look like. If character generation includes shit like pronouns they will be dead to me.
Shit like that is already all over stuff from some 3rd party publishers. The Uncaged series of adventures has trigger warnings for about 20 types of 'disturbing' content in each adventure outline. That series is also absolutely crammed with 3rd wave Feminism cancer. Can't say I'm surprised, every author is female or identifies as female.

Fuck it all, I've been on a buying spree for old material because it's clear that the future of D&D is going to just be a giant Tranny-dick pillow fight.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
-edit- to add: The fact they’re 99.9% evil is literally the only reason the Drizzt lore exists and is so popular. The way things were set up allowed for interesting stories of exceptions. Homogenization fucking sucks ass.
Yep, the only reason Drizzt (and to a lesser degree, his father, Zaknafein) was interesting is the fact that he broke away from a fundamentally evil, masochistic, hedonistic society because it didn't align with his own morality. He also knew that exiling himself was very likely a death sentence and we (the fans) loved him for his bravery and moral code.

Even other characters like Jarlaxle are more interesting because he bristles at his own culture and manipulates the 'system' to forge his own path.

But no, let's completely cheapen two of the most popular D&D characters so a bunch of self-hating White faggots can pretend to hold some moral high ground over the unwashed heathens that refuse to accept that stereotypes about an entire race of Dark-Skinned humanoids as being "problematic."

Seriously, get fucked. If any of you ascribe to that mentally I hope you get testicular cancer and die a horrible death. The world doesn't need people like you and I hope your existence is miserable on your way to the grave.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dark Elves will always be evil and Ithil will always try to redeem them. #NotMyDarkElves

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone have a Hardback copy of Matt Colville's Strongholds and Followers you'd sell to me? There's going to be another print run in the future, but I have no idea when and really don't care to wait.

If you do have a copy, I'd pay a bit more than the cover price.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Drizzt Do'urden is the DnD equivalent of sheriff Bart from blazing saddles.

Of course the Shoshul Jushtish War-reee-ers were going to run it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The whole sjw mentality is the most ironically ethnocentric thinking made manifest. Every race/gender/creed needs to conform to the an exact standard of sameness that no matter who you are or what you look like, you HAVE to demonstrate identical behaviors and thoughts.

Orcs aren't an evil race, they are just misunderstood and have plenty of good aligned tribes. Drow aren't an evil race they are just misunderstood and have plenty of good aligned cities.

As it turns out, everyone is the same, acts the same, thinks the same, talks the same.. because if they don't its "problematic"

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I don't get the point of the Drow retcon, like what is the point of playing a race if you don't like the lore behind them? If you just want the stats or racial bonuses you didn't give a shit about the lore to begin with, if you wanted to be some outlier like Drizzt then the lore is important for reasons as others have said. Is it just so we can have black elves? I can't Picard hard enough.

Leave my fucking lawful evil plane hopping pirate slavers alone, Gith life!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't get the point of the Drow retcon, like what is the point of playing a race if you don't like the lore behind them? If you just want the stats or racial bonuses you didn't give a shit about the lore to begin with, if you wanted to be some outlier like Drizzt then the lore is important for reasons as others have said. Is it just so we can have black elves? I can't Picard hard enough.

Leave my fucking lawful evil plane hopping pirate slavers alone, Gith life!

I don't get the point of any retcon. Add to or expand the lore if you want, but retconning is cancer, not just for DnD, but for movies and everything else too. You don't have to like history, but you should at least respect it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the point of any retcon. Add to or expand the lore if you want, but retconning is cancer, not just for DnD, but for movies and everything else too. You don't have to like history, but you should at least respect it.

Prog SJW's respect history! Many worfs had.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sorry I had to jump out of the game you guys. I started a new job 3 weeks ago, and they are requiring us to run evening appointments twice a week. So the wife and myself decided that being unavailable 4 nights a week (I also play on Wednesday's with my RL group) isn't fair to her.

If I can end up jumping back in at some point, I will!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's everyone's favorite content online for DnD? I'm wondering if there is anything I'm missing. I pretty much just search what I need and click top results.
Youtube same thing. I'm curious if there are any guides or sites you think do a really good job. For example I like the RPGBOT color coding thing in their guides

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's everyone's favorite content online for DnD? I'm wondering if there is anything I'm missing. I pretty much just search what I need and click top results.
Youtube same thing. I'm curious if there are any guides or sites you think do a really good job. For example I like the RPGBOT color coding thing in their guides
Your post made me stop and think for a few minutes because I watch A LOT of D&D related YouTube, constantly on the hunt for quality PDFs, and spend an embarrassing amount of money on physical books, but I very rarely utilize websites for content like RPGBOT.

I guess I get what I need from YouTube; being able to listen with earbuds at 2x speed while working or doing other things is a lot more convenient/efficient than reading a website.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just started setting up Syrinscape for my Fantasy Grounds campaign and it's awesome, but wow....filtering through the massive library to find what you want is incredibly time-consuming.

I also purchased a Voicemod license for those situations where you literally can't reproduce the sound of a Demon speaking or whatever. Some of the pre-sets are useful, but I'd really love to find a set of them for D&D that have been created by someone with some talent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
The Trove has PDFs of (just about) everything D&D has ever produced (as well as almost every other tabletop RPG).

5e Tools is the best online site and if/when it is taken down, I will weep.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users