The Dangers of Gaming with Women

Do you play video/board games with your wife/gf?

• Total voters

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I frequently see requests on video game and board game forums for games to play with a wife/gf even when they don’t seem particularly interested in it.

On the surface, I can see the initial appeal but I have to question whether this practice is a good thing or just a temptation that the devil uses to corrupt this beautiful hobby of ours?

Having never had a woman interested in my electronic and boarding distractions, I can’t say that I’ve missed it. In fact, I often prefer the exclusion because it’s something I can participate in to escape.

Secondly, I have often regretted introducing women to my favorite television series because then I’m beholden to their schedule and accused of cheating if I watch ahead of them. I can’t imagine having to wait for my gf in order to spend the 160 hours or so to play Elden Ring. That’s like 18 years in girl gaming years.

So are you an alpha gamer or a beta bitch that plays with girls?

Also: I’m high.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 11 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
No, my wife has no interest in video games. I'm not sending her to the kitchen though since I'm the chef of the house. She can do the laundry.

The TV series thing definitely happened though and indeed I got in trouble occasionally for watching ahead because I didn't want to wait, but fuck it. We still watch a lot of shows together and it's usually her watching ahead when I'm busy. It works out because she doesn't like anything I would consider top tier TV. Together we mostly watch true crime, documentaries, other stuff which is enjoyable but I don't particularly care if I miss episodes.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Husband and I both game, but we generally have different interests. I like MMOs/RPGs/turn-based stuff; he likes horror, narrative, FPS. Sometimes we’ll play some stuff together (usually some couch co-op game because he wants Xbox achievement points) like It Takes Two, Civ, Fall Guys, Halo. MtG is the big game we do together, but other than that we do our own thing. It’s nice in that we know enough about the shit we play to talk about it, but aren’t constantly up in each other’s business only wanting to play together.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Wife is ok with the occasional boardgames, mostly simpler stuff like clue, but sometimes zombicide or eldricht horror. We both enjoy shows like the wire or bosch or game of thrones, but shes less passionate about them, only the occasional binges

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
For the TV show thing, I just watch it twice. Once for myself "to avoid spoilers" and once with her. If people are not OK with that, they are assholes.

With gaming my wife likes platform games but won't really go out of her way to play them. She finished Crash Bandicoot 1 which I really respected. Otherwise it's Japanese number puzzle ganes on her phone which I'll never understand.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If my wife and I want to watch a show together I usually give her two nights to start it with me before I just do it on my own. It’s amazing how many shows that she was “meh” about that I tell her she’ll love, she ends up loving. You’d think she’d be immediately down for anything I recommend but nope.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If my wife and I want to watch a show together I usually give her two nights to start it with me before I just do it on my own. It’s amazing how many shows that she was “meh” about that I tell her she’ll love, she ends up loving. You’d think she’d be immediately down for anything I recommend but nope.
Same here. I give her a few days to start with me then start on my own. She’s a procrastinator and I don’t have much patience for it. It’s also a lot easier to not be on her schedule. She watches one episode and is ready for bed at 8:30, where I’d stay and watch 2-3 episodes and stay up til 11. When we do find something to watch together it takes a long time to get through.

Gaming. Nope, she doesn’t game. Played EQ together. She tried wow and hated it, played Guild wars 1 instead. She hasn’t gamed since, other than Mario kart or whatever with our son.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

“I duknoooow, it just doesn’t seem like something I’ll like.”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We do a lot of TV and movies together. It works. Every year we re-watch the extended edition of LotR during December.

Games? Board games. That’s it. But it’s shit like Small World, Catan, etc. She loves games at that level. Video games is purely Strip Dr Mario, Mario Kart, or Tetris. She did watch the shit out of TLoU and BotW. She would watch WoW if I was out in the world because she thought the sweeping areas were awesome. She can’t play games at more than a basic WoW pug level so she’s fine never playing anything “hard” and doesn’t ask me to wait to let her watch. She’ll go back and YouTube scenes she missed like when I did The Last of Us.

She’s watching me play Elden Ring some. She likes that the story is minimal so she can pop in and ask why I’m at a location and then she gets into watching me try to survive. Says it gets to be a nail biter like a good movie sometimes. Absolutely hates watching ARPGs though. Too repetitive. Final Fantasy was too Japanese for her.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My wife played and beat Hollow Knight. That game is hard and I'd never have the patience for it so I give her big props.

• 3Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I play games in the shower with my wife.
1656768847371.gif

Awesome.

• 19Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 21 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
We do a lot of TV and movies together. It works. Every year we re-watch the extended edition of LotR during December.

Games? Board games. That’s it. But it’s shit like Small World, Catan, etc. She loves games at that level. Video games is purely Strip Dr Mario, Mario Kart, or Tetris. She did watch the shit out of TLoU and BotW. She would watch WoW if I was out in the world because she thought the sweeping areas were awesome. She can’t play games at more than a basic WoW pug level so she’s fine never playing anything “hard” and doesn’t ask me to wait to let her watch. She’ll go back and YouTube scenes she missed like when I did The Last of Us.

She’s watching me play Elden Ring some. She likes that the story is minimal so she can pop in and ask why I’m at a location and then she gets into watching me try to survive. Says it gets to be a nail biter like a good movie sometimes. Absolutely hates watching ARPGs though. Too repetitive. Final Fantasy was too Japanese for her.
This seems like the ideal situation to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Coop lego games. Especially the new sw. But also hobbit. She plays lego city and various karts with the kids.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I met on EQ. We play co-op games regularly, plus board gaming, Warhammer, and our most recent pursuit is playing ER co-op which we are almost to Haligtree on. But my wife is also my best friend, so our relationship is different than the tradwife thing. She would get pissed if I treated her like a trophy.

• 6Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Wife and I met on EQ. We play co-op games regularly, plus board gaming, Warhammer, and our most recent pursuit is playing ER co-op which we are almost to Haligtree on. But my wife is also my best friend, so our relationship is different than the tradwife thing. She would get pissed if I treated her like a trophy.
Does she get pissy if you flirt with npc's / other players?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NPCs? She laughs about because we both often play the same single player RPGs. We don't play MMOs anymore, since we hung up our spurs after Planes of Power.

• 3Like