The Documentary Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
TryThe Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst. This was a 6-part series that aired on HBO back in March. There was a Rerolledthread on it, but it didn't get too much attention.

It's based on the true story of a grisly murder, an unsolved disappearance, and a powerful real estate magnate in NYC. It's just a very,verywell-crafted documentary that won a few Emmys.

Warning - You might not want to Google the title or his name, as there has been some recent events since it aired that may be considered spoilers. Another warning - the total running time is about 4 hours and 30 minutes. If you start this one late at night, youwillbe up until the morning binge-watching it.
Also in movie form "All good things" w/ ryan gosling, imo the HBO is better, actually having watched the movie so long ago (it's pretty old) and then watching the HBO series, i swore i saw this! so if you're getting the same feeling, that's probably where it's coming from.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Suicide Forest. It's a 22 minute Documentary that's up on Youtube. It's about the Forest in Japan that's popular for people committing suicide inside of. Very creepy type of doc.

That said, it isn't close to as bad as Dear Zachary. That movie just hurts you deep.

EDIT: Actually, here's the link to both docs.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'll never watch Dear Zachery ever again.

Nope. Nu uh. Fuck that. My feels can only handle so much in one lifetime.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Really great documentary on the death of Kurt Cobain with a strong case for it being murder by Courtney Love. Yeah yeah I know there have been a ton of these. Give it a chance. might change your mind.

Soaked in Bleach (2015) - IMDb

rrr_img_116868.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Banksy Does New York.

A documentary about everyone in the NYC going retarded over his art.

Credits say Banksy has nothing to do with the doc, but I don't buy it. He knows the troll game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i actually paid money to go see Kurt and Courtney in a seedy arthouse theater back in the 90s. it was terrible, bunch of vague claims. about the only thing i got from the whole thing was the suicide note which looks really sketchy. there was a youtube video on this a month or so ago.

-efit
i just saw the soaked in bleach doc, its leaps and bounds better than the Kurt and Courtney shit i saw. very well done and they focused on the facts and not the bullshit like dumbass bikers claiming they were paid to kill Kurt for Courtney. i was a huge nirvana fan back in the day and Kurt's untimeley death and the way fred grohl talked about courtney in interviews always made me think there was something going on. looks like i was right to think so.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
-efit
i just saw the soaked in bleach doc, its leaps and bounds better than the Kurt and Courtney shit i saw. very well done and they focused on the facts and not the bullshit like dumbass bikers claiming they were paid to kill Kurt for Courtney. i was a huge nirvana fan back in the day and Kurt's untimeley death and the way fred grohl talked about courtney in interviews always made me think there was something going on. looks like i was right to think so.
Dave, not Fred. Also C. Love is just a rotten person.

That Dear Zachary , 1st time seeing it. Man oh man , my jaw literately dropped and was just in shock and actually got pissed that the dude would put this on film. That shit was heartbreaking just watching it , cant imagine the pain they had to endure.I thought it was a movie about some poor guy getting cancer and leaving a note for his baby son to read as he got older and never wanted to see that. But just bucked up and watched it just now, way fucking worse then that.

Well its about a well liked guy that is murdered and a friend making a movie about his life so he can be remembered. But as he was making it , other things take place and it turns into what you see and why he released it to the public. Going into more detail kinda ruins it i guess , it plays out like a hollywood thriller so giving more detail takes away from it i suppose. But yeah , watch it...its really crazy and that this actually happened to this poor family.

iannis

Musty Nester
it sounds absolutely horrible and something that you probably shouldn't subject yourself to.

It sounds like one of those, "And then, one day in the spring, his life absolutely disintegrated around him and he was powerless to do anything except for fall off the cliff". I've seen too many of those. Life can go very badly very quickly.

I guess it makes you thankful, and mindful, of what you have? Not horrible as in poorly made. Horrible as in, "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST"

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
it sounds absolutely horrible and something that you probably shouldn't subject yourself to.

It sounds like one of those, "And then, one day in the spring, his life absolutely disintegrated around him and he was powerless to do anything except for fall off the cliff".
I guess it makes you thankful, and mindful, of what you have? Not horrible as in poorly made. Horrible as in, "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST"
Yeah, it's way worse than that.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
That Dear Zachary , 1st time seeing it. Man oh man , my jaw literately dropped and was just in shock and actually got pissed that the dude would put this on film. That shit was heartbreaking just watching it , cant imagine the pain they had to endure.I thought it was a movie about some poor guy getting cancer and leaving a note for his baby son to read as he got older and never wanted to see that. But just bucked up and watched it just now, way fucking worse then that.
why the fuck did you guys ever mention this shit? i'm weeping like a bitch right now.