The Documentary Thread

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The Death of "Superman Lives": What Happened? is on HBO this month. It's a postmortem of the Tim Burton/Nicolas Cage Superman movie that Warner Brothers had in development back in the 90's that they ultimately pulled the plug on. Kevin Smith has talked about it at length but this is a more thorough examination with input from a lot of different people involved at various stages of the process. I've always loved these sort of how the sausage gets made looks into the workings of Hollywood but boy, what a fuckin' train wreck that thing was shaping up to be. It really is a stark contrast to the place that comic book movies currently occupy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sports documentaries, to me at least, are usually just a nice unwind and watch something mindless and unimportant kind of thing. But the 30 for 30 "Four Falls of Buffalo" is one of the better overall documentaries I've seen. That shit is actually moving and made me sort of admire the people of Western NY. Which by the way for anyone unfamiliar is a gigantic shithole with terrible food and even worse weather.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I have the same problem with the confession here as with Brennan Dassey. Take a retarded minor, feed him a story for a few hours, and shazam, confession.
Fair enough, but Dassey is different. He was saying he was innocent until those guys pushed him on it. Even when he had his attorneys investigation guy helping him out - then he was saying stuff like "I can't help you, draw a picture of you having sex with her"

Dassey maintained his innocence whenever asked by people after that - although I'm only halfway through the series, so I don't know how it plays out in trial. Jessie confessed to EVERYONE who would listen to him.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The wolfpack (2015) was a pretty interesting watch. A father who basically keeps his family locked in a new york apartment, until some of his 6 sons start growing up and needing to explore the outside world, which they've more or less only experienced via watching tons of movies.

Khane

I can't watch shit like that Trophy Kids stuff. Makes my blood boil. I tried to watch Friday Night Tykes and made it about 10 minutes in before I shut it off.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
saw this last night, i got a lot of free time since im still fucking snowed in.
its pretty good, i try to buy american whenever i can, i dont even mind paying more because the product is usually better quality than slave labor china shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jim Jefferies has a great bit about this saying the exact opposite of what you are saying.
what part? that china labor is slave labor or that china products suck cock compared to american? cuz china labor is like slave labor, they dont make enough to live on and have to live 30 to a room in the actual factory. and chinese products dont last nearly as long as american made. no lead in our paint either.

Khane

what part? that china labor is slave labor or that china products suck cock compared to american? cuz china labor is like slave labor, they dont make enough to live on and have to live 30 to a room in the actual factory. and chinese products dont last nearly as long as american made. no lead in our paint either.
You think American's make enough to live on? But no, the part about the American Made products being superior. It was a reference to a joke made by a comedian who has a funny bit while... you know... making jokes. Calm down pal.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just started hearing good things about Trophy Kids. You really hate these parents.
Just watched. I've never known a parent that bad. Sounds like a recipe for either the best athlete ever or a future pill addict.

The golf dad was the worst imo, and surprisingly the tennis god mom was the ... least ... bad?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
When the golf dad was talking to another parent about how he wished it were legal to beat your kids. Yeah, he's a real charmer, that one is.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The football dad was the worst imo. That dude was a total limp dick, who couldn't teach a cow to give milk.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just watched. I've never known a parent that bad. Sounds like a recipe for either the best athlete ever or a future pill addict.

The golf dad was the worst imo, and surprisingly the tennis god mom was the ... least ... bad?
Football dad was worst, followed by Golf Dad

Golf Dad is also in the Netflix documentary "The Short Game" which focuses just on child golfers at the most important tournament. It's different to trophy kids but very good.