The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No way they leave the imperial race as a CE exclusive. I imagine you will be able to pay 20 bucks at any time and get him. Still super lame though.

Flank_sl

shitlord
How much does this cost Americans? That link takes me to the British page, where the digital editions cost ?50 and ?70. ?50 for a standard digital download seems a bi steep, considering that ffxiv was less than half of that, etc. I think most AAA PC games are around ?40 at release, maybe slightly more for console.

I just preordered and you also get:
Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls? Online Digital Imperial Edition. In addition to the Digital Imperial Edition, you're now registered for The Explorer's Pack, which includes the following digital rewards:

The ability to play as any race in any alliance
The Scuttler vanity pet
Exclusive treasure maps
Early game access
Which is even awesomer! This is the greatest marketing cluster fuck I have ever seen in one of these launches... Zeni/Bethesda looks like a bunch of retarded monkeys.

How much does this cost Americans? That link takes me to the British page, where the digital editions cost ?50 and ?70. ?50 for a standard digital download seems a bi steep, considering that ffxiv was less than half of that, etc. I think most AAA PC games are around ?40 at release, maybe slightly more for console.
60 and 80 US

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
New trailer:

From the description:

All those who pre-order or pre-purchase either the Imperial Edition or the Standard Edition in physical or digital formats will also receive The Explorer's Pack bonus at launch, which includes: Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps,and the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance.
Doesn't seem to match with the actual store order page.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Guess they had to out the store page early, none of the online retailers have the CE listed yet and the links on the TESO store page just take you to the default 3rd party vendort site.
Anyone see how much the physical CE will be?

Edit: nm I see gamestop has a$99 Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Guess they had to out the store page early, none of the online retailers have the CE listed yet and the links on the TESO store page just take you to the default 3rd party vendort site.
Anyone see how much the physical CE will be?

Edit: nm I see gamestop has a$99 Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition
They switched from the store to a specificpreorder site. Which has aFAQ. Has the pricing breakdown for all the editions in there.

Looks like anyone who preorders any edition gets the "any race can play any alliance" perk. The "play as an imperial in any alliance" perk is a separate collector's edition thing.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
They switched from the store to a specificpreorder site. Which has aFAQ. Has the pricing breakdown for all the editions in there.

Looks like anyone who preorders any edition gets the "any race can play any alliance" perk. The "play as an imperial in any alliance" perk is a separate collector's edition thing.
Heh, if you want the Imperial edition perks I guess you can upgrade later:

Can I upgrade to the Digital Imperial Edition?
Starting April 4th, 2014 all customers who pre-purchased the Digital Standard Edition can upgrade to the Digital Imperial Edition by visiting The Elder Scrolls Online Store (The Elder Scrolls Online). This will allow them to receive the exclusive collection of in-game rewards available from the Digital Imperial Edition. This upgrade service will be available from April 4th, 2014. If players have purchased a physical copy of the Standard Edition but wish to upgrade to the Digital Imperial Edition, our upgrade service is there to help you do so. If you pre-ordered a physical edition at a retailer, please contact that retailer to discuss changing your pre-order.

Column_sl

shitlord
If anyone has a TESO beta key, and wants to trade it for a EQ landmark Beta key.

Message my inbox.

I get 4 Shareable Closed Beta Keys with the Trailblazer pack

Flank_sl

shitlord
60 and 80 US
So using the current exchange rate, the standard edition costs us more than the imperial edition costs you. It is very tempting to ignore this game for that alone. Why are they charging us so much more than you for the same product with no (or minimal) distribution cost?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So using the current exchange rate, the standard edition costs us more than the imperial edition costs you. It is very tempting to ignore this game for that alone. Why are they charging us so much more than you for the same product with no (or minimal) distribution cost?
When you ask for no tomato at McDonalds, do they charge you a quarter less for your sandwich?

Flank_sl

shitlord
When you ask for no tomato at McDonalds, do they charge you a quarter less for your sandwich?
I don't understand. Although, Mcdonalds don't sell sandwiches anyway.

My point was that to buy a digital download of this game will cost me the equivalent of $83, or $115 for the version with all of the races. That is significantly more than other games cost (excluding some boxed CEs) and there is not even a beta available to test the game first.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't understand. Although, Mcdonalds don't sell sandwiches anyway.

My point was that to buy a digital download of this game will cost me the equivalent of $83, or $115 for the version with all of the races. That is significantly more than other games cost (excluding some boxed CEs) and there is not even a beta available to test the game first.
Wait... They won't have a $60 digital download with no extras? You sure about that?